Page 83 of 230 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 3441
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Isn't this what happens when there's no one set specific timeline spelled out for everybody to follow?
    That is more on editors...

Along with we have no idea when said issue was written. We within the last 6 months or even earlier and is just now coming out.

Point number 2 by Digified-there is no excuse for that because that book was recently active.

The rest fits with what you said. What is cannon and what is NOT cannon.

If PAD's YJ is cannon than that falls on the editor more than the writer. The moment villain was bought up-a look over of that run should have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The death part is, no idea about the rest, they've been treating Tim as Bruce's son (him coming out to him) and now they're bringing Captain Boomerang as one of the foe they have to face
    I really lost track of what goes and what doesn't after the New 52.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I really lost track of what goes and what doesn't after the New 52.
    Well, with somebody like Tim, who had his past (badly) re-written during the New 52, I don't know if DC ever really made any effort to explain how his pre-Flashpoint past ever meshed with the New 52 stuff post-Rebirth.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

THe YJ issue is exactly what happens when everything is in continuity.

The characters felt like hollow shells of themselves. Referring back to Pre-52 felt cheap and uninspired. Cassie/Kon had their epic romance yet feel like strangers. Cissie could've been anyone and I hope she is some type of fakeout as I hope everyone is who just tells Cassie to go away. Conner is supposed to have gone through all of the New-52 drama from the looks of it but feels like a completely different character. They all feel like children instead of the young adults they became in Pre-52.

The art was decent but also inconsistent with designs. Cassies leggings come and go. Conner puts on his t-shirt costume and then automatically reverts back to his current costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    THe YJ issue is exactly what happens when everything is in continuity.

The characters felt like hollow shells of themselves. Referring back to Pre-52 felt cheap and uninspired. Cassie/Kon had their epic romance yet feel like strangers. Cissie could've been anyone and I hope she is some type of fakeout as I hope everyone is who just tells Cassie to go away. Conner is supposed to have gone through all of the New-52 drama from the looks of it but feels like a completely different character. They all feel like children instead of the young adults they became in Pre-52.

The art was decent but also inconsistent with designs. Cassies leggings come and go. Conner puts on his t-shirt costume and then automatically reverts back to his current costume.
    They're even drawn younger, especially compared to other characters. Like somehow Conner looks younger than Jon? Seriously?

They also got Cassie's costume of the time period wrong. She didn't have that look until way later.

Spectacular Member

1. Cassie says she hopes he never finds out, I can't remember if she was in those issues
    2. Bart says Cissie was with them when Kon came back, which was during Bendis' run...
    3. They know about Mighty Endowed because they remember, they mention that it feels familiar, the mistake is that Superman was alive again when Young Justice first showed up
    4. As the 90's Cassie doesn't show up until the end of the issue we won't know their opinions until issue 2

Those are things I gathered from reading that answers your inconsistancies

this felt so wrong. these are not the actual characters we all know and love, but facsimiles of them written and drawn by ppl who would be better of doing fanfic.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man27 View Post
    1. Cassie says she hopes he never finds out, I can't remember if she was in those issues
    2. Bart says Cissie was with them when Kon came back, which was during Bendis' run...
    3. They know about Mighty Endowed because they remember, they mention that it feels familiar, the mistake is that Superman was alive again when Young Justice first showed up
    4. As the 90's Cassie doesn't show up until the end of the issue we won't know their opinions until issue 2

Those are things I gathered from reading that answers your inconsistancies
    I swear they actually talked about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I swear they actually talked about it.
    They did talk about it, I posted a pic over in the Conner thread that shows where Conner found out.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They're even drawn younger, especially compared to other characters. Like somehow Conner looks younger than Jon? Seriously?
    That generation is stuck in time. Few more years and Damian will be older than Tim, same for Jon and Conner probably.

So based on what I'm reading here, Fitzmartin has no clue what she's doing with these characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    So based on what I'm reading here, Fitzmartin has no clue what she's doing with these characters?
    Someone will probably explain that pointing out weird continuity glitches is homophobic.

Astonishing Member

Not sure if the continuity glitches are writer incompetence, some side effect of the ongoing and unnecessary Dark Crisis or a combination of both.

Wally came off as callous in YJ Dark Crisis, it was jarring, especially when Dick and Jon seemed at lot more in character and reasonable.
    Last edited by king81992; 06-22-2022 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Not sure if the continuity glitches are writer incompetence, some side effect of the ongoing and unnecessary Dark Crisis or a combination of both.

Wally came off as callous in YJ Dark Crisis, it was jarring, especially when Dick and Jon seemed at lot more in character and reasonable.
    To be honest a few characters in this book came off as OOC and unlikable. Including Cassie and Cissie.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    That generation is stuck in time. Few more years and Damian will be older than Tim, same for Jon and Conner probably.
    Nah. The bi Tim fans don't like it either, as they are also YJ fans from the 90s.