Page 201 of 230 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3441
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    This tie in was fun. I do hope it actually impacts the main story, but I still feel like the main story has been reworked and these recent tie ins will only get a small reference.
    Haven't been following too closely tbh, why do you think it's been reworked?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    Haven't been following too closely tbh, why do you think it's been reworked?
    The first indication was the title change. Then there were new tie ins added after that. These tie ins feel like they are exploring more of the ties to the original Crisis but the main book spends so much time on the 'legacy' theme. I kind of expect the Big Bang one shot tie it all together more than issue #7 will.

Incredible Member

The first indication was the title change. Then there were new tie ins added after that. These tie ins feel like they are exploring more of the ties to the original Crisis but the main book spends so much time on the 'legacy' theme. I kind of expect the Big Bang one shot tie it all together more than issue #7 will.
    Thanks. Yeah, I just remembered this didn't start as a Crisis on Inifnite Earths thing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    Thanks. Yeah, I just remembered this didn't start as a Crisis on Inifnite Earths thing at all.
    Ive heard repeated claims that this was the original intent and title though from the get go. Also why would dc course correct mid event from an event that has and is selling well.

The title change was claimed to be a suprise. But it was always supposed to be crisis on Infinite earths and williamsom always in early interviews stated it was always a direct sequal to the original coie

Outside this forums detractors Dark Crisis is resoundingly liked or loved. Goodreads has all the issues 4 stars and above on average.

I feel a lot of people (haters on this forum) are grasping here.

DC is a perfectly fine event and has its own unique story imo.
    Last edited by Menacer; 11-27-2022 at 10:14 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Ive heard repeated claims that this was the original intent and title though from the get go. Also why would dc course correct mid event from an event that has and is selling well.

The title change was claimed to be a suprise. But it was always supposed to be crisis on Infinite earths and williamsom always in early interviews stated it was always a direct sequal to the original coie

Outside this forums detractors Dark Crisis is resoundingly liked or loved. Goodreads has all the issues 4 stars and above on average.

I like the event, and I still think they decided to latch this on after the fact to act as a build up to the new rebranding. Why not just put the title in there to begin with, would that not have made it a bigger draw? Why 'surprise' people half way through the event once they are already bought in?

I cannot recall him saying anything remotely close to this being a direct sequel until after the title change was announced. The closest I remember him coming to that was saying this story was closer to COIE than the other crisis events.

Again, I am enjoying the event so I am not sure why you are including comments about haters as if that has any impact on what I think is going on behind the scenes.

Ill have to find that podcast. Sure he mentioned in there it was a sequal to coie
    Last edited by Menacer; 11-27-2022 at 03:08 PM.

I like the event, and I still think they decided to latch this on after the fact to act as a build up to the new rebranding. Why not just put the title in there to begin with, would that not have made it a bigger draw? Why 'surprise' people half way through the event once they are already bought in?

I cannot recall him saying anything remotely close to this being a direct sequel until after the title change was announced. The closest I remember him coming to that was saying this story was closer to COIE than the other crisis events.

Again, I am enjoying the event so I am not sure why you are including comments about haters as if that has any impact on what I think is going on behind the scenes.
    Basically what i found so far

Originally Dark Crisis #1 released June

By july 22 the rundown revealed the suprise name change
    http://www.multiversitycomics.com/ne...undown-072222/

But it wasnt til issue #4 that the title actually changed i believe

In Williamson early interviews he stressed the importance of pariah to the story. These interviews came out before dark crisis's release.

Dcs explanation was they didnt wanna ruin any suprises in the story for casual readers. How dark crisis was infact a direct sequal to coie. Both in story and art its clear this was always the intention. As early as Infinite frontier Williamson was most directly influenced by final crisis and coie.

Your honest opinion is that this was an editorial decision to make the change at the last minute rather then a planned decision..
    Ie to suprise people who arent hard core and to supply variant covers.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I hate to break it to you, but Heroes in Crisis has glowing reviews on Goodreads too.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but Heroes in Crisis has glowing reviews on Goodreads too.
    Three Jokers too, I prefer think it's for the art.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Three Jokers too, I prefer think it's for the art.
    Well, I thought the first issue of Three Jokers was good . . . story went down hill after that.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Im one of the people that doesnt have any big issue with HiC.

This forum always thinks they are the majority on stuff but often the hard opinions held here are in the minority.

Dark Crisis is largely accepted as a good event. Its definitely selling.

If HiC was regarded as a good story, DC wouldn't course correct as soon as the story ended with Flash Forward. And they also wouldn't rectoned that story not once, but twice.

Also, here an the agregator of reviews from critics and fans:
    https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...roes-in-crisis

This forum always thinks they are the majority on stuff but often the hard opinions held here are in the minority.
    I find funny that you have a vendetta against this forum and keep calling people haters, old and out of touch every chance you got.

Yes, it has good reviews. On social media it's kinda mixed.
    Don't know if it's selling, we don't have the data.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    If HiC was regarded as a good story, DC wouldn't course correct as soon as the story ended with Flash Forward. And they also wouldn't rectoned that story not once, but twice.

Also, here an the agregator of reviews from critics and fans:
    https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...roes-in-crisis

I find funny that you have a vendetta against this forum and keep calling people haters, old and out of touch every chance you got.

Yes, it has good reviews. On social media it's kinda mixed.
    Don't know if it's selling, we don't have the data.
    I've seen negative opinions on other sites so its definitely mixed, some more positive some more negative.

Its uhhhh its a weird event.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I don't think it is accepted as a good event, and I don't think DC does either as they're already letting Waid sweep it under the rug.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Ultimate Member

If you take some of these stories for what they are-it's easy to see why some would have no issues with them.

HIC-take it for what it is a normal fan looking for something to read-the story is fine to tolerable. Which tend to be the folks Goodreads will PAY to give honest opinions about.

Then you have most of the folks here who have been reading these books for years and tend to not get asked to offer opinions from sites like Goodreads. So they might just do it for the heck of it.

Yes these fans are going to have HUGE issues with how some of these characters are done. Especially ones that have been MIA for years.

See Hotspot. He trashed in Sideways #4 and then in HIC killed while looking like he raided Trayvon Martin's closet.
    Or Blue Jay one of the few LGBTQA characters that like Gunfire, Hotspot and others were not seen in 10+ years and this is what they get.
    Then to hear Tom King say he was given a list of who he could kill off. Yeah that is going to rub a lot of folks wrong. Especially Teen Titan fans who are fed up with those characters always being death fodder material.

Or in this event-we got a writer trashing Young Justice as toxic dudbros when they were NEVER that in the Peter David run.

So you got two sets of folks offering viewpoints.

That first tends to be someone who reads the event and that is ALL they ever do.

The other one has to deal with the aftermath of said events and they are tired of it.