Page 210 of 230 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3441

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post
    A Lot of fans on this forum are about to become really angry when black Adam’s movie flopping doesn’t end the push for him in the comics side

If it didn’t for Hal(whose still THE prime green lantern), if it didn’t for Harley Quinn(who still has more books than any batfam member who isn’t bruce), than it won’t for black Adam

You have to be really problematic on the film side to end a push for a character on the comics side, ray fisher levels of problematic that caused cyborg to be demoted back to Titans, and Dwayne Johnson despite his power play has largely remained silent and hasn’t said a word since then
    Dwayne Johnson was using Deadline to push false narratives about Black Adam's profits and Gunn's plans. I imagine he is not very well-liked at Warner right now.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Remember when they gave Naomi a show and she had, like, a weird Superman appearance? Good times.
    I’m certain that Superman was originally supposed to be someone iconic before they ditched it mid production

It seemed like they had a ton of teases for something

A Lot of fans on this forum are about to become really angry when black Adam’s movie flopping doesn’t end the push for him in the comics side

If it didn’t for Hal(whose still THE prime green lantern), if it didn’t for Harley Quinn(who still has more books than any batfam member who isn’t bruce), than it won’t for black Adam

You have to be really problematic on the film side to end a push for a character on the comics side, ray fisher levels of problematic that caused cyborg to be demoted back to Titans, and Dwayne Johnson despite his power play has largely remained silent and hasn’t said a word since then
    Also in other media perhaps.

Multiversus game has promoting Black Adam as the new playable character with comic and movie Black Adam skin.
    Also wonder if Black Adam tease at DC Super Pets is gonna be paid off

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Also in other media perhaps.

Multiversus game has promoting Black Adam as the new playable character with comic and movie Black Adam skin.
    Also wonder if Black Adam tease at DC Super Pets is gonna be paid off
    The comic book show I went to today was giving away Black Adam movie posters and shirts. Interesting enough the shirts went faster than the poster.

And sad thing for me that marked the FIRST time I ever saw a poster for that movie in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Did he? Black Adam was only prominent during the pre-Infinite Crisis era as a member of the Society alongside guys like Calculator and Doctor Psycho. He only came to forefront with 52 when he lost it and tried killing a ton of people. Other than a mini by Tomasi, appearances near the tail end of Johns Justice Society of America, being of the guys in Forever Evil and Shazam, Johns hasn't really done much with the character when previously Black Adam in the pre-reboot 2000s within the DCU, BA was a much bigger deal.
    I mean, he was pretty prominent in the New 52 when Johns was allowed to or had the chance to use him.

Remember his burgeoning bromance with Sinestro ?

I’m certain that Superman was originally supposed to be someone iconic before they ditched it mid production

It seemed like they had a ton of teases for something
    They should've just used Tyler Hoechlin.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Brandon Routh might've also worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Henry or no Superman at all...

No one in the general public is following cw stuff.

Would have generated no buzz and only confusion.

Realistically no Superman tease at the end would have made the most sense in retrospect. But whats done is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Henry or no Superman at all...

No one in the general public is following cw stuff.

Would have generated no buzz and only confusion.

Realistically no Superman tease at the end would have made the most sense in retrospect. But whats done is done.
    I guess I'm “no one in the general public”. Tyler's Superman hits the heart of who Superman is far better than Henry's Superman; and I'd much rather see Tyler Hoechlin make the jump to the silver screen portraying the same kind of Superman as he is on Superman and Lois than to see Henry Cavill return. No slight to the latter intended; I think he's a great actor. But the interpretation of Superman that he was given is flawed, being tonally too much like Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy.

And “no Superman at all” is not an option: the CEO of Discovery has said that Superman needs to be aggressively pushed as the lynchpin of the cinematic universe.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I guess I'm “no one in the general public”. Tyler's Superman hits the heart of who Superman is far better than Henry's Superman; and I'd much rather see Tyler Hoechlin make the jump to the silver screen portraying the same kind of Superman as he is on Superman and Lois than to see Henry Cavill return. No slight to the latter intended; I think he's a great actor. But the interpretation of Superman that he was given is flawed, being tonally too much like Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy.

And “no Superman at all” is not an option: the CEO of Discovery has said that Superman needs to be aggressively pushed as the lynchpin of the cinematic universe.
    2 different Superman.
    One is a married and a father, the other is not. Being married and having kids can make you see things differently.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    2 different Superman.
    One is a married and a father, the other is not. Being married and having kids can make you see things differently.
    There's more of a difference than just that. Even in the opening montage of the first episode of S&L, before Lois even entered the picture, Tyler was already hitting the character of Superman much better than Henry ever did.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Astonishing Member

Anyway tomorrow is the last day. The masterpiece ends.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Anyway tomorrow is the last day. The masterpiece ends.
    More like the mediocrity ends.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Final issue didn’t really deliver for me and honestly, don’t know how anyone can be satisfied. Williamson really gave no real reason as for why the justice league would quit nor did we actually get to see it play out on the page. Also given the latest that’s been happening with the rock and the live action film, a lot of these black adam character beats just seem pointless in hindsight because you know DC will stop pushing him so hard now lol.

I think my main takeaway from this event is DC needs to go all out when they do these big events. As much as people criticize the metal events, they actually felt like they were making a impact on the DCU and their presence was felt throughout the ongoings. This story doesn’t feel like it served any particular purpose. Was it to prop up the titans, who were hardly in the story besides Dick and Wally? Give the future state/5G heroes a bigger role in the DCU, even though their roles could almost be seen a glorified cameos? I really wish Williamson and DC planned this better.

Astonishing Member

Can someone explain to me, what was the point of disbanding the Justice League? I mean, they kept saying, that world needs them, and then they just decide to quit? Really?
    It was just a mediocre, pointless event. I don't know, maybe something happened behind the scenes and they changed something, or Williamson just doesn't know how to write events, but it was boring, forced and pointless. The very idea of Dark Crisis is good, something interesting could be done with it, the Justice League is dying/disappearing and legacy characters take everything into their own hands, this is really a cool pitch. But eventually it feels like Josh himself doesn't know what it is about.
    And also, multiverse part with Great Darkness, Pariah and Dark Army is absolutely pointless. Especially if you set goddamn Deathstroke as the main villain.