Page 214 of 230 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 3441
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That was the biggest whimper of an ending I've ever seen...
    Than my good sir you haven’t seen many endings or read that many stories

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This reminds me of Hal making everybody White Lanterns in Blackest Night.
    Totally agree. Even the basic dark vs light angle with an obscure character having the light of creation (Dove vs Dr. Light) are all nods to Blackest Night.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 12-20-2022 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It's definitely well-drawn, but I couldn't help but chuckle a little that Black Adam gave everyone a literal Glow-Up!

To me, I thought Waller would be more interested in manipulating metahumans to serve her purposes rather than kill them all, but I also haven't read the last SS series where it seems she became more extreme. Do we know Lady Peacemaker? Did she appear SS? From the looks of it, the Fusion baddie is likely Lex and Joker fused by a Yellow Lantern Ring. (but which Lex and Joker? Likely from another dimension?)
    They unlocked the electrum skin!
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

I'm stoked to see The Light make their way into mainstream. In the grand tradition of "cherry picking" but also "trying something new", I suspect some of them will be the same membership from YJ, some will be "shocking new choices". The matter of continuity is what I'm curious about. We are absolutely hot on the heels of Snyder restoring the Legion of Doom and then all that resulting as well in the creation of The Totality, and The Totality shared a lot of that concept.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

That was pretty damn bad. Was the editor napping during meetings? No one was there to tell Williamson “hey your story is a convoluted mess.”

So it starts with Pariah making a deal with the Great Darkness. No wait, Pariah put some sort of machine in the Darkness and he’s controlling it. No wait, the Darkness isn’t even communicating with Pariah and it’s all in his head. No wait, Pariah tapped into only a fraction of the Dark was and was never even connected to the true Great Darkness. …and then Slade is the bad guy.

Dr. Light getting the powers that save the multiverse didn’t even happen in the main book. If you didn’t read the one shot it just seems like Dr. Light shows up in the last part of the last issue and she hey I have these new light powers that can save the day. The end.

The art was nice.
    Last edited by Robotman; 12-20-2022 at 08:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

That was a really boring event and as usual it just served to amp up the Bat fam, SM and son, and Black Adam. WW and fam got nothing to do (as did many heroes but whenever 2 of the trinity get a feature, I expert her to).

And it seems like we are right back to where we started before this.

Not sure how they could already get The Light wrong. They want to kill all Metahumans while in YJ they are trying to create metahumans. How is leaving your Earth meta-less a good thing?

Astonishing Member

Its over. Everyones fav event is now over.

Here's to more Multiverse kino from now on. Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I'm stoked to see The Light make their way into mainstream. In the grand tradition of "cherry picking" but also "trying something new", I suspect some of them will be the same membership from YJ, some will be "shocking new choices". The matter of continuity is what I'm curious about. We are absolutely hot on the heels of Snyder restoring the Legion of Doom and then all that resulting as well in the creation of The Totality, and The Totality shared a lot of that concept.
    I think one of The Light is Owl-Man. Can guess the rest off that.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So you spoke to EVERYBODY on the planet?

That is what I thought.

Unless you are in everyone's household to monitor what they watch or read you do not really KNOW. Nobody does.

Nobody cared about a certain Vampire Slayer on a no-named network. I would say Buffy has been way more successful than A LOT of Dc characters. Who have been shoved in our faces to various levels.

Nobody cared about a group kids that MORPHED into super heroes. 30+ years later Power Rangers are still going.

Nobody cared about the Simpsons. 30+ years later they are still going.

It is okay if you don't like it but lets not act like everyone else didn't care for CW or any network.
    Ratings arent hard to find. 800,000 viewers for a cw show is fine and all but not a major number.

Compare that to stranger things or the rings of power had like 25 million viewers per episode.

Also Buffy and Power Rangers were Absolutely blockbuster shows for there demographics.... so im not sure why ur comparing cw to those shows.

Those shows had minimal competition when they were released. Many people had bunny ears and 5 channels when rangers dropped.

Cw in 2022 has literally thousands of shows to compete with.

If superman and lois were doing Stranger things type business then by all means it might make sense to use a tv Superman in a motion picture...

But as it stands objectively nobody watchs superman and lois.

We do have the numbers

Screenshot_20221220_202941_Chrome.jpg

I wasn't really impressed by the last two issues, although there was some cool stuff (Black Adam, Hal) having Deathstroke turn out to be the main villain was rather lame.

The epilogue was worse....Amanda going after methumans like they're X-men mutants. I've read that a thousand times before.

And why did they make a lady Peacemaker?

Unless it's for the tv show she serves no purpose, and will only take panel time away from the Peacemaker......annoying. Imagine how annoying it would be if they made a male Black Canary.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Ratings arent hard to find. 800,000 viewers for a cw show is fine and all but not a major number.

Compare that to stranger things or the rings of power had like 25 million viewers per episode.

Also Buffy and Power Rangers were Absolutely blockbuster shows for there demographics.... so im not sure why ur comparing cw to those shows.

Those shows had minimal competition when they were released. Many people had bunny ears and 5 channels when rangers dropped.

Cw in 2022 has literally thousands of shows to compete with.

If superman and lois were doing Stranger things type business then by all means it might make sense to use a tv Superman in a motion picture...

But as it stands objectively nobody watchs superman and lois.

We do have the numbers

Screenshot_20221220_202941_Chrome.jpg
    CW ratings arent that important because the CW is not as widely available as The WB was (when their shows got an average of 5mill viewers). The Flash/Arrow spent half their time being on the top pirated list every year right below Game of Thrones. Their numbers looked nothing like GoT. Manifest was considered a failure on network tv but was a HUGE success on Netflix. It's also all about where your show is and how available it is to people.

The Real Housewives/bravo programming gets about 1mill viewers per episode but they are still a global phenomenons with MASSIVE fanbase.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It's definitely well-drawn, but I couldn't help but chuckle a little that Black Adam gave everyone a literal Glow-Up!

To me, I thought Waller would be more interested in manipulating metahumans to serve her purposes rather than kill them all, but I also haven't read the last SS series where it seems she became more extreme. Do we know Lady Peacemaker? Did she appear SS? From the looks of it, the Fusion baddie is likely Lex and Joker fused by a Yellow Lantern Ring. (but which Lex and Joker? Likely from another dimension?)
    Waller said she's tired working with villains and want her own Justice League... through kidnapping of course. Eventually she invaded Earth-3 and took it over, declaring that finally she got her own League. So I'm thinking this is Lex and Joker from Earth-3, unless they got killed during the invasion, but I think they only defeated the Crime Syndicate. (Main earth Luthor is shown to be working on his own)

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'm also not a fan of the "tease" with Waller, we just did masks are illegal with Future State a year ago. Sure, it was mostly Bat-characters but is there anything new thematically or character development wise that we'd really get from making it global and not just Gotham?

Bringing in the Light was cool...but the plot just seems over used.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Sounds like the wheels they are a-spinning still. But ain't no traction so we end pretty much where we started.

But at least there were no Cosmic Doorknobs AND it didn't waste years the way that other stuff did.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

usually event big as these ends with a sense of finality, but this ended without a real dénouement.

It just kinda keeps going towards a Suicide Squad/Registration Act type of story.

I wonder if they were going to try to synergize with the DC movie slate but that imploded last week and now the Suicide Squad/Black Adam connection is flailing