Page 218 of 230 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 3441
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wally West View Post
    Not sure what the sentiment here is as I just got done reading it but Dark Crisis has to be the worst event book DC has ever done and this final issue was one of the lamest comics ever. Felt like I threw out money.
    You haven’t read that many comics

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Are we going to gloss over the fact that for the first time since 1986, the Infinite Earths are truly back in play?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    It feels like "the multiverse is returning" and "the Snyderverse is ending" are two things that have been happening weekly for about five years now. I'm happy about both, but it's kinda hard to be excited.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post
    You haven’t read that many comics
    Been reading for 30+ years

This is easily at or near the bottom

I wonder what happened to Orion with Darkseid back to Apokolips now

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    I wonder what happened to Orion with Darkseid back to Apokolips now
    I had the same reaction. I hope there was a plan when they did that, but it's more likely it'll be up to the next writer who does something with the New Gods.

Extraordinary Member

I could tolerate it unlike Identity crisis

Astonishing Member

HyperTime-lines and multiple finite Multiverses aren't the same as the Infinite Multiverse.

Extraordinary Member

Where did the thing with Green Arrow vanishing happen?

Astonishing Member

I was gonna read all this in one binge, but now I heard the ending I'll skip it, and again another event that held no interest and who's spin offs teases hold no interest, especially if the justice League has the change intimated

Agreed. Hypertime does everything that an Infinite Multiverse does, and then some; so it's arguably better than an infinite Multiverse.

Also, an Infinite Multiverse doesn't preclude other Multiverses; and “infinite worlds” doesn't mean “every Earth”: the Dark Multiverse is infinite but doesn't include even one world that isn't corrupted or falling apart. And the new Infinite Multiverse may not include the pre-Crisis Earths 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, S, or X; certainly not under those labels.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Agreed. Hypertime does everything that an Infinite Multiverse does, and then some; so it's arguably better than an infinite Multiverse.

Also, an Infinite Multiverse doesn't preclude other Multiverses; and “infinite worlds” doesn't mean “every Earth”: the Dark Multiverse is infinite but doesn't include even one world that isn't corrupted or falling apart. And the new Infinite Multiverse may not include the pre-Crisis Earths 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, S, or X; certainly not under those labels.
    Very astute ��

And it's this kind of thing in DC that's made me give up on their events and the consequences of them

Note that we had Elseworlds before the discovery of Hypertime, during the era when there was supposedly only one Earth; and we were getting series such as Batman '66 and Dark Knights of Steel at a time when there wasn't room for them in the Orrery of Worlds. Heck, it's possible that Wild Storm and Watchmen even now don't exist in the Infinite Multiverse. An infinite Multiverse has never been needed to tell stories with variant settings; the only reason why anything Multiverse-like is needed at all is to allow different worlds to interact with each other.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Comics from the multiverse a dc podcast on Spotify lists the weekly top 10 comics from Comixology and dark crisis always makes the list or top 5.

Dc#7 also currently seems to be on the bestseller list
    https://www.amazon.com/kindle-dbs/co...ForYouStrategy
    Attachment 127456

What indicators do you have that its not selling well?
    Sales don't mean that it's a good story...literally every event sells well but you won't hear many say that they're all the best stories around.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Sales don't mean that it's a good story...literally every event sells well but you won't hear many say that they're all the best stories around.
    Lets define sales...

Is that book ordered of books someone entered a store and BOUGHT.

Generally what we hear is books ordered.

Ordered in large numbers.

Reprints are based on copies sold to stores and NOT copies bought.

Yet we rarely hear about how many copies are sold.

The only time we seem to hear complaints about unsold copies is when it's a POC (mainly black) lead book by those who don't want those books to ever exist in the first place.

Events automatically get large orders (depending on who the leads are see Outlawed at Marvel) and you never hear about them selling out everywhere.

Why? Because too many copies were ordered. Which eventually find their way into bins, comic con boxes and Midtown comics sales.

If this was a great story-why is only one person attacking folks over it? Wouldn't more folks be saying good things about it?

I have yet to hear anything good about this.

Outlawed is a bad example, due to it's timing. The one-shot released in March 2020. As no comics at all released in April to June that year due to COVID, the April launch of Champions was postponed six months. That killed the momentum. The New Warriors tie-in mini was axed, Power Pack's was also delayed, and no further tie-ins were announced, which judging from the promo art (which had some Young Avengers and X-23 on it), means some must've been cancelled without ever being solicited. Champions team leader Ms. Marvel's ongoing solo book also ended up getting cancelled. Champions also lost it's artist after issue 3 and it's writer after issue 5, and the whole thing was over by issue 10. COVID actually killed both the Outlawed event and the Champions brand (Ms. Marvel's mini in which she teamed up with the X-Men, Moon Knight, and Venom implied that the team no longer exists).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman