Page 93 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1708
  1. #1381
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like to think I was polite and reasonable even before I became a mod but I might have a dark history I'm trying desperately to move on from .
    It's okay, the space bug did it.

  2. #1382
    Invincible Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    27,088

    Default

    It's annoying that we've got 5-6 months to go before Dark Crisis has the last issue . . .

  3. #1383
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    17,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So uh I’ve noticed something about Dark Crisis so far from Death of the Justice League to today….no one’s actually died in this story.

    Think about it, the Justice League are only believed dead whereas really they are in an alternate dimension to power whatever Pariah is doing. The only one who should really be dead, Green Arrow, is apparently alive in one of them too after getting smacked by Doomsday.

    As for the Titans, Deathstroke via Pariah’s orders is deliberately not killing people, Changeling/Beast Boy got shot in the head but is alive somehow, and they didn’t even say if Chupacabra bit the big one with a bomb on him because as someone pointed out to me Nightwing apparently got it off him in time.

    Instead heroes have actually come back if we look at the Green Lantern Corps, not to mention the JSA next issue, and a whole new character in Red Canary.

    So yeah no one’s actually died as far as I can tell.
    Well usually they’d be killing off the legacies and B/C-Listers but since this event is supposed to star those and nobody is buying the A-Listers being dead…
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  4. #1384
    Ultimate Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    10,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So uh I’ve noticed something about Dark Crisis so far from Death of the Justice League to today….no one’s actually died in this story.

    Think about it, the Justice League are only believed dead whereas really they are in an alternate dimension to power whatever Pariah is doing. The only one who should really be dead, Green Arrow, is apparently alive in one of them too after getting smacked by Doomsday.

    As for the Titans, Deathstroke via Pariah’s orders is deliberately not killing people, Changeling/Beast Boy got shot in the head but is alive somehow, and they didn’t even say if Chupacabra bit the big one with a bomb on him because as someone pointed out to me Nightwing apparently got it off him in time.

    Instead heroes have actually come back if we look at the Green Lantern Corps, not to mention the JSA next issue, and a whole new character in Red Canary.

    So yeah no one’s actually died as far as I can tell.
    The Chupacabra situation was odd. In issue 2 someone just randomly says “oh, by the way he’s still alive and Nightwing was able to get rid of the bomb at the last second.” I wonder if they changed their mind about killing him.

  5. #1385
    Incredible Member Menacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    It's annoying that we've got 5-6 months to go before Dark Crisis has the last issue . . .
    Personally it's the reason I show up each Tuesday after work. Normally I'll just wait til Saturday on my day off to grab my pulls and browse for books but Dark Crisis has me showing up the day the books land on the shelf.

    Dc has about 50 other ongoing or minis coming out right now, go collect those if you don't wanna read Dark Crisis. Your not gonna be excited about every mini, every on going, every event or every hero, your never gonna collect everything or even want to, the thread is about Dark Crisis and there are literally 100 other threads going right now on this forum.

    Go comment in a thread your excited about.

    When did people stop following the old saying "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"

    Not that I'm gonna fix the internet but life is a lot better when you focus on things your excited about rather then dumping on other people's good times.

    Dark Crisis is one of dc's top selling book

    Your in the minority of DC fans. People are excited to see where the series goes and then judge it.


    This is a fun series, either try to enjoy yourself or go read something else.

    The constant repeating the same Negativity is toxic... state it once then just dip out. No one will miss the jabs.

    Peace

  6. #1386
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,995

    Default

    Dark Crisis: Worlds Without a Justice League: Superman #1 Preview
    Writer: Tom King
    Artist: Chris Burnham
    Backup Writer: Brandon Thomas
    Backup Artist: Fico Ossio

    Last edited by Hypo; 07-08-2022 at 11:25 AM.

  7. #1387
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Dark Crisis: Worlds Without a Justice League: Superman #1 Preview
    Writer: Tom King
    Artist: Chris Burnham
    Backup Writer: Brandon Thomas
    Backup Artist: Fico Ossio

    I wish Burnham did more regular DC work.

  8. #1388
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Personally it's the reason I show up each Tuesday after work. Normally I'll just wait til Saturday on my day off to grab my pulls and browse for books but Dark Crisis has me showing up the day the books land on the shelf.

    Dc has about 50 other ongoing or minis coming out right now, go collect those if you don't wanna read Dark Crisis. Your not gonna be excited about every mini, every on going, every event or every hero, your never gonna collect everything or even want to, the thread is about Dark Crisis and there are literally 100 other threads going right now on this forum.

    Go comment in a thread your excited about.

    When did people stop following the old saying "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"

    Not that I'm gonna fix the internet but life is a lot better when you focus on things your excited about rather then dumping on other people's good times.

    Dark Crisis is one of dc's top selling book

    Your in the minority of DC fans. People are excited to see where the series goes and then judge it.


    This is a fun series, either try to enjoy yourself or go read something else.

    The constant repeating the same Negativity is toxic... state it once then just dip out. No one will miss the jabs.

    Peace
    I find it curious anyone feels the need to intimate to someone else that they can stop commenting essentially because they don't want to see what they have to say

    There are other threads people can go and read

    Or there is that really useful block function if someone isn't interested in what someone has to say

    We don't need to tell anyone to stop expressing their opinion

    It's literally one of the main points for a discussion forum

  9. #1389
    Incredible Member Menacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I find it curious anyone feels the need to intimate to someone else that they can stop commenting essentially because they don't want to see what they have to say

    There are other threads people can go and read

    Or there is that really useful block function if someone isn't interested in what someone has to say

    We don't need to tell anyone to stop expressing their opinion

    It's literally one of the main points for a discussion forum
    It's more the broken record issue rather then expressing an opinion.

    Writing out a well thought opinion is one thing.

    Commenting once that you have no interest, sure is fine too. But repeatedly visiting a thread to say the same thing. This event sucks isn't to classy.

    I've never watched twilight and I sure has heck don't go find twilight threads to tell the fan base the thing they love sucks. It's not helpful or a discussion.

    If I found various twilight threads across a platform just to comment how lame it was it does begin to border on troll like behavior.

    He doesn't like Dark Crisis. It's not even close to done yet but he hates it. Great you've expressed that view but there is no need to express it in multiple threads over and over again.

    But yah I'm not stopping or blocking anyone. I'm not a moderator. I'm expressing an opinion and trying to do it with more then one sentence of negativity. I'm trying to have a discussion and they are free to Comment back to me just as you are.

    But a forum that is allowed to get toxic isn't good for the fan base or the forum users.

  10. #1390
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like to think I was polite and reasonable even before I became a mod but I might have a dark history I'm trying desperately to move on from .
    We've disagreed pretty intensely before but you were never a jerk about it, so I would agree with this.

  11. #1391
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    89,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    We've disagreed pretty intensely before but you were never a jerk about it, so I would agree with this.
    Thank you for the compliment .

  12. #1392
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    It's more the broken record issue rather then expressing an opinion.

    Writing out a well thought opinion is one thing.

    Commenting once that you have no interest, sure is fine too. But repeatedly visiting a thread to say the same thing. This event sucks isn't to classy.

    I've never watched twilight and I sure has heck don't go find twilight threads to tell the fan base the thing they love sucks. It's not helpful or a discussion.

    If I found various twilight threads across a platform just to comment how lame it was it does begin to border on troll like behavior.

    He doesn't like Dark Crisis. It's not even close to done yet but he hates it. Great you've expressed that view but there is no need to express it in multiple threads over and over again.

    But yah I'm not stopping or blocking anyone. I'm not a moderator. I'm expressing an opinion and trying to do it with more then one sentence of negativity. I'm trying to have a discussion and they are free to Comment back to me just as you are.

    But a forum that is allowed to get toxic isn't good for the fan base or the forum users.
    There's nothing wrong with this, but one person's opinion is as important as any others imo,

    As for toxicity, well that's hard to judge, people will often keep saying they like something, people will just as readily do the opposite

    I'm comfortable not asking people to stop saying what they think and if I find I don't like what they have to say, I'll use that really handy block list function

    I can appreciate wanting to be positive, but enthusiasm runs both directions I find

  13. #1393
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    213

    Default

    I'm guessing that the worlds that Pariah sent the JL to will be merged with the existing Omniverse somehow, resulting in the new Multiverse that's coming in Dark Crisis #4. Perhaps this will allow for retcons of awful decisions of the past few years (aged up Jon, sexual preference changes for all affected characters, senseless continuity retcons like Snyder's Metal stuff, etc) or will establish a new Multiverse that will be the sole focus of DC publishing going forward.

    Of course, DC is still DC, at least as far as we know. I'm not sure they're capable of something so competent and sensible at this point.

  14. #1394
    Invincible Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    27,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Brent View Post
    I'm guessing that the worlds that Pariah sent the JL to will be merged with the existing Omniverse somehow, resulting in the new Multiverse that's coming in Dark Crisis #4. Perhaps this will allow for retcons of awful decisions of the past few years (aged up Jon, sexual preference changes for all affected characters, senseless continuity retcons like Snyder's Metal stuff, etc) or will establish a new Multiverse that will be the sole focus of DC publishing going forward.

    Of course, DC is still DC, at least as far as we know. I'm not sure they're capable of something so competent and sensible at this point.
    Careful where you go with that. Whether or not people like / accept the "sexual preference changes" for some characters, there might be even worse blowback in general if DC undoes those changes now.

  15. #1395
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Brent View Post
    I'm guessing that the worlds that Pariah sent the JL to will be merged with the existing Omniverse somehow, resulting in the new Multiverse that's coming in Dark Crisis #4. Perhaps this will allow for retcons of awful decisions of the past few years (aged up Jon, sexual preference changes for all affected characters, senseless continuity retcons like Snyder's Metal stuff, etc) or will establish a new Multiverse that will be the sole focus of DC publishing going forward.

    Of course, DC is still DC, at least as far as we know. I'm not sure they're capable of something so competent and sensible at this point.
    I think we both know that DC is not capable of something competent and sensible.

    As history has shown, any attempt by DC will be half-arsed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •