Page 202 of 230 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 3441
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If you take some of these stories for what they are-it's easy to see why some would have no issues with them.

HIC-take it for what it is a normal fan looking for something to read-the story is fine to tolerable. Which tend to be the folks Goodreads will PAY to give honest opinions about.

Then you have most of the folks here who have been reading these books for years and tend to not get asked to offer opinions from sites like Goodreads. So they might just do it for the heck of it.

Yes these fans are going to have HUGE issues with how some of these characters are done. Especially ones that have been MIA for years.

See Hotspot. He trashed in Sideways #4 and then in HIC killed while looking like he raided Trayvon Martin's closet.
    Or Blue Jay one of the few LGBTQA characters that like Gunfire, Hotspot and others were not seen in 10+ years and this is what they get.
    Then to hear Tom King say he was given a list of who he could kill off. Yeah that is going to rub a lot of folks wrong. Especially Teen Titan fans who are fed up with those characters always being death fodder material.

Or in this event-we got a writer trashing Young Justice as toxic dudbros when they were NEVER that in the Peter David run.

So you got two sets of folks offering viewpoints.

That first tends to be someone who reads the event and that is ALL they ever do.

The other one has to deal with the aftermath of said events and they are tired of it.
    I don't personally care about the aftermath, if the story is well written I'm more than happy...but Dark Crisis just isn't well written.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, I thought the first issue of Three Jokers was good . . . story went down hill after that.
    I did not read this and I always wondered why Johns threw that line into the conclusion of the bloated much ado about not a whole lot Darkseid War. Was there a payoff? Has it come up anywhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I did not read this and I always wondered why Johns threw that line into the conclusion of the bloated much ado about not a whole lot Darkseid War. Was there a payoff? Has it come up anywhere else?
    He did a miniseries about it titled Three Jokers but it's not in continuity.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    He did a miniseries about it titled Three Jokers but it's not in continuity.
    Johns wants Three Jokers to be in continuity. Didn't he just set up some other crap with the Joker's son, who he introduced in Three Jokers, being the next Robin while writing the Helena Wayne/JSA stuff now? Same as his Watchmen stuff. He wants all that to be in continuity too.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    If HiC was regarded as a good story, DC wouldn't course correct as soon as the story ended with Flash Forward. And they also wouldn't rectoned that story not once, but twice.

Also, here an the agregator of reviews from critics and fans:
    https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...roes-in-crisis

I find funny that you have a vendetta against this forum and keep calling people haters, old and out of touch every chance you got.

Yes, it has good reviews. On social media it's kinda mixed.
    Don't know if it's selling, we don't have the data.
    I mean retcons, soft reboots and hard reboots are super super common and dont indicate to much in and of themselves as far as dc comics past behavior.

But im not really saying anyone here is wrong or your wrong for hating it. I just personally don't have big issue with it.

1. Im a barry fan
    2. Wally was lost in the time stream and effective was loopy and powers were glitchy. So him killing people and dying was fine for me. It all made sense.
    3. Wally was always always gonna get redeemed in my mind and Flash Forward did that... i think... right? Its been a while since I read it.

4. Big long redemption stories are my thing. Hal becoming parallax and his long journey to redemption over decades is right up my alley. So im just interested in different story telling.

The review aggregate only proves my point. Basically a 7 from critics which is perfect great rating. 70% isnt bad. And 60% nearly from fans is still average. So its at least an average comic book. Ie not hated by any large group. Just average.

I think by its nature forums and facebook etc ... any place were fans discuss, its not uncommon for people to focus on discussing things they hate over what they like. Ie look at how much attention dark crisis young justice got. Its hated here and got way way way more talk time then a lot of great books that came out.

While its not a grand total of sales comixology has weekly top ten and dark crisis main event has always always beem top 5 or top 10. So we got some indication its doing well... its also generally received well by critics and fans https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...nt/dark-crisis

As for all the other comments I read them and lots of good points. If I can find more time I'll respond more.

Happy reading everyone! Peace.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'm going to have to go back and re-read these issues, but I gotta say this 'event' has been pretty damn forgettable.
    Williamson's Flash was pretty solid and I had high hopes for this but I am really underwhelmed so far.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    I mean retcons, soft reboots and hard reboots are super super common and dont indicate to much in and of themselves as far as dc comics past behavior.

But im not really saying anyone here is wrong or your wrong for hating it. I just personally don't have big issue with it.

1. Im a barry fan
    2. Wally was lost in the time stream and effective was loopy and powers were glitchy. So him killing people and dying was fine for me. It all made sense.
    3. Wally was always always gonna get redeemed in my mind and Flash Forward did that... i think... right? Its been a while since I read it.

4. Big long redemption stories are my thing. Hal becoming parallax and his long journey to redemption over decades is right up my alley. So im just interested in different story telling.

The review aggregate only proves my point. Basically a 7 from critics which is perfect great rating. 70% isnt bad. And 60% nearly from fans is still average. So its at least an average comic book. Ie not hated by any large group. Just average.

I think by its nature forums and facebook etc ... any place were fans discuss, its not uncommon for people to focus on discussing things they hate over what they like. Ie look at how much attention dark crisis young justice got. Its hated here and got way way way more talk time then a lot of great books that came out.

While its not a grand total of sales comixology has weekly top ten and dark crisis main event has always always beem top 5 or top 10. So we got some indication its doing well... its also generally received well by critics and fans https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...nt/dark-crisis

As for all the other comments I read them and lots of good points. If I can find more time I'll respond more.

Retcons are not common right after the release of a high profile book by a high profile author, it's also not common that the writer of said book goes on record saying he would do it differently if he had a chance.

The first issues were rated highly cause it looked beatiful and we still didn't know really what this **** was about. If you look at the scores by releases, you will see that by the end of the series most people hated. Unless you think 5.8 and 4.4 are good scores for the finale of your book.

About Dark Crisis, i have nothing against it, i just don't care. I was really into it before started, but at this point i'm just want it to end. And that actually says a lot when you use most of my favorite characters in a Crisis and i still find it underwhelming.

There are better things waiting in 2023.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post

1. Im a barry fan

Again, just like reviews on sites like good reads don't mean much in terms of actual quality, sales numbers don't either. Sadly, events sell well regardless of how bad they are.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    God, that Justice Incarnate mini was so irrelevant. I hope they do the concept justice one day.
    Only if it's a Justice Society Incarnate version imho
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Johns wants Three Jokers to be in continuity. Didn't he just set up some other crap with the Joker's son, who he introduced in Three Jokers, being the next Robin while writing the Helena Wayne/JSA stuff now? Same as his Watchmen stuff. He wants all that to be in continuity too.
    He can try but I think all of it's going to fall flat no matter how hard he tries.

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    Only if it's a Justice Society Incarnate version imho
    What would even be the difference between Justice Society and Justice League versions? Remember that originally it was not called Justice League Incarnate, just Justice Incarnate.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    What would even be the difference between Justice Society and Justice League versions? Remember that originally it was not called Justice League Incarnate, just Justice Incarnate.
    Agreed. It should be just Justice Incarnate, a team-up of some of the coolest heroes in the Multiverse, regardless if they come from alternate versions of the JL, JSA, Titans, LOSH or whatever.

Extraordinary Member

Dark Crisis: War Zone #1 Preview
    Writers: Various
    Artists: Various

Astonishing Member

Wally and Frieza merged on the cover.

Iris getting upstaged by Linda .

(I really don't need Linda to be a Speedster).