Page 158 of 230 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 3441

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Why not when other stuff are held against other characters.

Especially those of color.

How many times was John Stewart bashed over the head about a certain planet? To the point that was the only thing defining him for 20+ years.

The major difference is SOMEONE is allowed to tell different stories with Hal, Deathstroke, Black Adam and Harley to the point their criminal antics fade away or become gray area.

Because unlike John-the victim's families tend NOT to go after those guys.

I think the issue is you can almost tell ANY story with Hal, Deathstroke, Harley and others and there is no pushback or challenges or FITS being thrown about them.

While with others-it's how DARE you attempt to write ANYTHING about a character "everyone" hates and views as a failure. Lead by those who claim to speak for everybody because they know they got those who agree with them. See Jace Fox, Duke Thomas, Wallace West, The Inhumans, Synch, Naomi, Riri Williams, Marvel's Champions, and Scarlet Witch (until recently).

When in reality it's indifference.
    This gaslighting bullshit is so sad at this point. What do you even think you're accomplishing by constantly bringing up this "others have it worse" nonsense. It's like telling a Hawkman fan who complains about DC not doing anything with him that "You know Animal Man has it worse, right"? WTF.

No pushback? Have you seen the toxic toilet known as "stan twitter" or whatever these people call themselves and how they treat characters like Hal Jordan 24/7 without ever being taken to task for it. Clearly his color isn't helping him there. Yet your go-to tactic against anyone who mentions characters you conveniently don't care about being targeted for no reason is to deflect, gaslight and bring up something that has nothing to do with the topic at hand to fit your own narrative. It's ridiculous.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-24-2022 at 12:48 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

How often does Jon getting that planet blown up even comes up compared to Hal getting turned into Parallax and Batman keeping his JL team-mates weaknesses?
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westieowner View Post
    1. Williamson himself has said in at least two different interviews that Deathstroke is under the control of something else.
    2. We've seen strong hints in at least three issues that Deathstroke is under the control of something else.
    3. After Deathstroke, Prometheus also infected others with the Darkness. This strongly suggests - at least to me - that anyone who receives it can pass it on. Like a simple STD.
    4. I thought those ugly black chains meant that the Dark Army was tied to someone, but since there will be chains even in issue #7, I was wrong and it's just a fashion decision.
    5. If Darkness is defeated in #6, why is there still a Dark Army in #7? Once the mind control ends, it should fall apart. Yes, we're talking about nasty, evildoers, but... come on! The big guns aren't going to suddenly obey a weirdly dressed mortal guy. And the lesser guns - after losing the power buff - do not pose any real threat.
    6. Without the Darkness, how the hell would Deathstroke control the Dark Army? Suddenly, out of nowhere, he grows mind control abilities...?!
    7. The suggestion that Deathstroke can be a worldwide threat in his own right is the joke of the year. We're talking about a mercenary with big swords and guns. That's all. In addition, half of the DC universe has already beaten him this year alone. Why should I take seriously any kind of crisis that has such a stupid ending?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    I might be wrong but I think Williamson is intending Dark Crisis to ultimately be a Nightwing/Titans vs Deathstroke story much like how Secret Wars 2015 is ultimately about Reed Richards vs Doctor Doom. Otherwise I don't see the point of making Deathstroke the main villain of a Crisis (we already know it's him and not Pariah or whoever else).
    This could add up with the 4chan rumor I heard

if Great Darkness is defeated in #6 and Deathstroke surviving to #7 still having his chains he would still harbor the Darkness inside him and used as the Darkness backup and if the final fight will be Nightwing vs Deathstroke then they will act as the avatar of Light and Darkness respectively

Which would explain that God Dick cover
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-24-2022 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    This could add up with the 4chan rumor I heard . . .
    Well, I guess every now and then there's the slight chance that 4chan could possibly guess things right.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, I guess every now and then there's the slight chance that 4chan could possibly guess things right.
    They used speculations of the fandom and some things "bleeding cool" say alongside information from the solicits to make it more believable.
    So they might have things right in the amount of "fake news" they spit out.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Few more days until Dark Crisis 5.

Time flies.
    Are you sure? There's no preview.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    No pushback? Have you seen the toxic toilet known as "stan twitter" or whatever these people call themselves and how they treat characters like Hal Jordan 24/7 without ever being taken to task for it. Clearly his color isn't helping him there. Yet your go-to tactic against anyone who mentions characters you conveniently don't care about being targeted for no reason is to deflect, gaslight and bring up something that has nothing to do with the topic at hand to fit your own narrative. It's ridiculous.
    To be fair I don't think Hal is the only one who gets treated badly over Twitter, though. The same can be said for John on Twitter. The difference is that there has been a lot of racist comments after John on there. Not only this, but imagine making a comment on Twitter only saying John Stewart is my favorite Green Lantern or I like the character without even bringing up Hal. I've seen users get ridiculed, harassed, and attacked for making comments like that claim that no one is as good as Hal Jordan blah blah BS. In fact, there's been some here on this site as well where there was racist comments towards John Stewart, but I do know that a poster has been banned on these forums for the racist comment that was made after John. I guess some people can't accept that a black hero can be the face of the Green Lantern franchise only for a season. It's sad I started seeing more of it every since John was pushed in the Infinite Frontier era.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    How often does Jon getting that planet blown up even comes up compared to Hal getting turned into Parallax and Batman keeping his JL team-mates weaknesses?
    I think the last time it was brought up was in the Valentines Special with John Ridley. It was used as an attempt to break John's will to rescue Yrra. But yeah most writers bring it up, because it's a defining moment unfortunately. Geoff Johns, Peter Tomasi, Tony Bedard, Van Jensen (in Future's End), Scott Snyder, Ron Marz, John Ridley, Geoff Thorne (very brief), and Judd Winick. That's from the top of my head. The only writer who probably has never brought it up was Robert Venditti. Although I haven't read every story that featured John written by him, so I could be wrong on that one.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 09-24-2022 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Are you sure? There's no preview.
    Yeah, Dark crisis is still two weeks away.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    To be fair I don't think Hal is the only one who gets treated badly over Twitter, though. The same can be said for John on Twitter. The difference is that there has been a lot of racist comments after John on there. Not only this, but imagine making a comment on Twitter only saying John Stewart is my favorite Green Lantern or I like the character without even bringing up Hal. I've seen users get ridiculed, harassed, and attacked for making comments like that claim that no one is as good as Hal Jordan blah blah BS. In fact, there's been some here on this site as well where there was racist comments towards John Stewart, but I do know that a poster has been banned on these forums for the racist comment that was made after John. I guess some people can't accept that a black hero can be the face of the Green Lantern franchise only for a season. It's sad I started seeing more of it every since John was pushed in the Infinite Frontier era.
    Sure, goes without saying there's sadly people like that on social media, but more often than not they're taken to task for the garbage they spew, particularly towards popular characters of color. I've seen lots of nonsense about characters like that and usually those people get rightfully dunked on afterwards. I don't really see that with characters like Hal who is being brought up for no other reason than to get crapped on since they know they can get away with it. From what I've seen, the people who do that usually don't need to be provoked or respond to someone who previously made a stupid comment about their favorite, they just attack the character and generalize his fanbase with no consequences at all. I think that's the main difference because when someone, say, makes a racist tweet about John they usually get what's coming to them, but when someone calls Hal a pedophile or rapist or he should be buried and never used prominently again, they not only never suffer any consequences for it, but they're only emboldened to keep doing what they're doing. In perspective I think that's why I don't really look at this as a "both sides" issue since the people on one "side" tend to get what's coming to them, while those on the other keep doing anything they like without ever being held accountable for it. But those are just my observations.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-25-2022 at 02:27 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    They used speculations of the fandom and some things "bleeding cool" say alongside information from the solicits to make it more believable.
    So they might have things right in the amount of "fake news" they spit out.
    The rest are indeed sound like something they make up because it's what's gonna make fans angry
    Like Taylor planning Dick Babs marriage but DC will cancel it because online reaction is bad, or that they will break up Tim and Bernard and pair Tim with Jon because online reaction is bad, which, since when DC care about Twitter

Astonishing Member

Two weeks is nothing for me. So only few more days.

Spoilers for Dark Crisis #7: the power behind The Great Darkness hails from a very specific Earth...as far as I know, it's still Earth-33, but once, it was known as...EARTH-PRIME.

The villain isn't Superboy Prime. It's someone far worse, someone who was behind every dark machination that has infected and corrupted the DCU since Identity Crisis.

This evil, now hell-bent on vengeance, has attained the power to manipulate the entire DC Multiverse/Megaverse/Omniverse/Whatever It's Called This Week.

That power is...

...The DiDio.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    This could add up with the 4chan rumor I heard

if Great Darkness is defeated in #6 and Deathstroke surviving to #7 still having his chains he would still harbor the Darkness inside him and used as the Darkness backup and if the final fight will be Nightwing vs Deathstroke then they will act as the avatar of Light and Darkness respectively

Which would explain that God Dick cover
    They or another leaker also said that Deathstroke would be Beast Boy (not sure how that would work, but it sounds stupid enough for someone at DC to pull off). 4chan is usually wrong and the only times they're right is by dumb luck, so I take everything from there with a grain of salt or consider it an outright lie until proven otherwise.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    To be honest, I only hear about Xanshi in reference to being a holding pattern for writers to make John angsty. The only characters who hold it against John are Fatality (for obvious reasons).... and John himself.

I'd like to see it dropped because I'm exhausted seeing John being so miserable over it, but writers love how juicy it is without actually doing anything to resolve that guilt. It's tiresome. I think most people who don't hate John just want him to move past it. We all want to see him soar.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And that body count is on Sinestro/Parallax now.

I mean, the writing has given Cheshire a pass but it's not like they've ever justified her crimes or written her an out...she just is.
    But why is she stuck in Amber while Hal, Adam, and Harls are given passes? Adam being in the League is especially insane because he bodied a nation recently. Chesh and Hals misdeeds were a bit further back in history