Page 61 of 230 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    With Damian, Super Fiends may be more appropriate . . .
    Damian has saved the world more times than any of those listed, helped Jon and Jackson as they took their 1st steps into the world of heroics and he's friends with Jon and Jackson. Not sure why you think fiend would be appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What if they call it the Super Friends...
    I'll take that as long as it's the same tone as the OG Super friends.

i feel like da OGs will get a JLA book separate to da JL book down the line

DC could easily do "JL:Blue" "JL:Gold" kinda thing. No need to do the America/Europe thing like before. There are just two (or more) squads, but they're all Justice League.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Even if people hate it that still allows you to do a big “OGs ARE BACK!” down the road which would still get some attention as opposed to JL being totally ignored the way it has under Hitch and Bendis. Besides the FS team being the main League would get attention too.
    Except that doesn't work if you already drove off the fans. DC can't seem to get it through their head that in a lot of case (and I mean A LOT) once you have driven fans off they just don't come back. I went from reading dozens of DC books a month to now just getting the occasional trade. You can only piss off fans so many times before they just stop coming back and no amount of hype can bring them back in most cases.

They could have Jon's 5G team become the new JLA (Justice League Action): a more socially conscious League.
    While the main League continues to deal with the more immediate global emergencies, the JLAction could handle "real-world" problems like fascist governments, slavery etc.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    DC could easily do "JL:Blue" "JL:Gold" kinda thing. No need to do the America/Europe thing like before. There are just two (or more) squads, but they're all Justice League.
    If we're really going ANAD Marvel with it...

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Except that doesn't work if you already drove off the fans. DC can't seem to get it through their head that in a lot of case (and I mean A LOT) once you have driven fans off they just don't come back. I went from reading dozens of DC books a month to now just getting the occasional trade. You can only piss off fans so many times before they just stop coming back and no amount of hype can bring them back in most cases.
    And some people won’t come back and that’s fine, but refusing to ever try anything new because you’re scared of alienating people is how franchises stagnate. Sometimes you have to take a big swing and completely shake things up like Hickman did to the X-Men. Otherwise you end up like the Titans, a zombie franchise that hasn’t had a good book in decades but keeps going because once upon a time it was important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    They could have Jon's 5G team become the new JLA (Justice League Action): a more socially conscious League.
    While the main League continues to deal with the more immediate global emergencies, the JLAction could handle "real-world" problems like fascist governments, slavery etc.
    That never works. The JL can’t go overthrow governments because DC wants the Earth to still look similar to ours (and also having a bunch of Americans running around overthrowing governments in the name of “freedom” is more likely to be viewed as villainous in a post-Iraq/Afghanistan environment). And none of the JL spin-offs beyond JLD have ever worked.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I'd love that line up but only with a Damian who's graduated from Robin. Robin shouldn't be on the JL.
    As a member himself, I agree that Robin shouldn't be Justice League. But I don't mind if he tags along with Batman on the occasional mission, assuming the team isn't knowingly headed into some kind of major conflict against a serious heavy hitter.

Robin riding along with Bruce and the League when they fight the Royal Flush Gang? Sure. Basically the superhero version of "bring your kid to work" day.

Robin riding along with Bruce and the League when they fight Darkseid? Hard pass.

Though I gotta say, if DC does do the thing we're all assuming they'll do and make the Future Staters a new League, or at least a new League-esque team, I wouldn't necessarily have a serious problem with Damian being included, as long as he was chaperoned by someone like Dick. Damian's more experienced and better trained than most of the Future Staters, and with Dick or someone around to keep an eye on Damian, I wouldn't be against it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That never works. The JL can’t go overthrow governments because DC wants the Earth to still look similar to ours (and also having a bunch of Americans running around overthrowing governments in the name of “freedom” is more likely to be viewed as villainous in a post-Iraq/Afghanistan environment). And none of the JL spin-offs beyond JLD have ever worked.
    I mean, we've seen what they do with a "progressive" Superman like Jon.

It wouldn't surprise me if the plan has been to kill off all of the existing Heroes save for Jon's crew, just so they can show off how awesome the newbs are.

It also wouldn't surprise me if the current plans are to keep everyone beyond the 5G team dead for the next 3 years, so that they can bring them back in a triumphant 40th anniversary of crisis on infinite Earths!

All that said, I have a feeling that changes in the air. In particular, the fact that Discovery is now in charge of DC. He's wanting to revitalize Superman; and I don't think he'll take too kindly to learning that the comics just killed him off. Again.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if the plan has been to kill off all of the existing Heroes save for Jon's crew, just so they can show off how awesome the newbs are.

It also wouldn't surprise me if the current plans are to keep everyone beyond the 5G team dead for the next 3 years, so that they can bring them back in a triumphant 40th anniversary of crisis on infinite Earths!

All that said, I have a feeling that changes in the air. In particular, the fact that Discovery is now in charge of DC. He's wanting to revitalize Superman; and I don't think he'll take too kindly to learning that the comics just killed him off. Again.
    Clark is coming back to life at the end of Dark Crisis. That’s why it doesn’t affect PKJ’s run.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post

They killed off Clark. But action comics is still running stories with him. And Jon will be Superman of earth the brand is in tact. Unless you belive Bruce Clark and Diana are the brand, which case the legacies will never get to be more then they are now.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    They killed off Clark. But action comics is still running stories with him. And Jon will be Superman of earth the brand is in tact. Unless you belive Bruce Clark and Diana are the brand, which case the legacies will never get to be more then they are now.
    When it comes to those three, Bruce, Clark and Diana are synonymic with their superhero brands.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    When it comes to those three, Bruce, Clark and Diana are synonymic with their superhero brands.
    That’s what happens when you’ve never had a long running successor before.