Page 163 of 230 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3441

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with stories such as Generations, Death Metal, Rebirth, Doomsday Clock, Multiversity, and others I probably missed. The nu52 multiversity may have been around since Flashpoint, but it has been changed multiple times and the chances of it remaining the same after Dark Crisis are near zero. Never mind if any other event comes after Dark Crisis.
    I can attest that D.Z. is quite familiar with Generations, Death Metal, Rebirth, Doomsday Clock, and Multiversity. As am I. Of them, only Death Metal featured a change to the Orrery of Worlds. The only other events DC has published which have messed with the Orrery of Worlds are 52 (which created it) and the New 52 initiative (which altered it offscreen). Possibly Final Crisis as well; though the changes it brought about were limited to Earth-0 as far as we can tell (we're never shown any repercussions on any other world in the wake of Final Crisis; only the addition of Red Circle and Milestone to Earth-0 continuity), and even those changes have fallen by the wayside. Generations introduced the Linearverse; but that's not in the Orrery. Rebirth, like Final Crisis, appears only to have affected Earth-0, not the Orrery. Doomsday Clock introduced Earth-1985 and Earth-52 and implied others; but like the Linearverse, they're not in the Orrery. And Multiversity retroactively defined the changes that the New 52 had wrought.

I don't doubt that Dark Crisis will be changing things up in the Omniverse. We're hours away from seeing what's going to happen to the Orrery; and at least one of the previews suggests that the structure of the Orrery of Worlds is about to be shattered. But D.Z.'s point that the worlds that have been in the Orrery will live on is valid: even if the Orrery is destroyed, those worlds will find new homes, either among the newly reborn Infinite Earth, or in Hypertime. Or both.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

***SPOILERS for #5***
    -- Seems odd that Hal frees Batman then immediately asks, "How do we free the others?" Batman suggest they need Wonder Woman, but they obviously were able to free her themselves since she's there when they confront Superman.
    -- Showing us the Darkness spreading across the omniverse doesn't really mean anything other than create a contrived sense of urgency. Just because they say Deathstroke's army is making it spread? How? All they're doing is fighting heroes.
    -- This doesn't bother me nearly as much as Hal with white boots, but Captain Atom should have blue boots. (I blame the cartoon) It's just so much more aesthetically pleasing to me than red boots/red gloves.
    -- It's almost awkward that there are established heroes, former JL members like Capt Atom, Booster and Beetle and Vixen in that "We are Titans" shot.
    -- The Justice League returning was so inevitable, and done in such a ... slipshod way that it was far from climactic. No, I wasn't going to shell out for the individual specials (and why is Superman the only one who looks all "cosmic?")
    -- The Titans fight was just filler - nothing actually happened other than it gave us a bunch of panels of fighting.(since the rest was mostly exposition) It was just killing time until the Dark Amy finally arrived on Earth.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-04-2022 at 06:23 AM.

Yeah, I didn't feel anything about the Titans fight, maybe Rose brings some emotion since Slade ordered her to kill Nightwing.

Astonishing Member

As I understand it, the phrase "We are not the Justice League, we are Titans" is the final confirmation that younger generations do not claim the status of the League, huh.
    Still empty and boring. The drawing is the only thing that somehow saves this event.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 10-04-2022 at 04:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    As I understand it, the phrase "We are not the Justice League, we are Titans" is the final confirmation that the new generation does not claim the status of the League, huh.
    Still empty and boring. The drawing is the only thing that somehow saves this event.
    It doesn’t guarantee the Titans a status upgrade or promise then to be treated like equals. I just don’t trust DC to do that.

Yeah, I agree. Event has been mediocre and I feel that nothing has happened. The only good thing is the art.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I do find it funny DC hyped up red canary appearing only for us to have still gotten nothing but small cameo appearances, which I assume are just for people that want to buy the first appearances of charactrs.

As I understand it, the phrase "We are not the Justice League, we are Titans" is the final confirmation that younger generations do not claim the status of the League, huh.
    That's what I got from the spread as well, but it seems weird since several of them were never titans before and the roster for that group is already so big and underdeveloped as it is.

Honestly, with only 2 issues left I do hope this story can somehow turn around. It really hasn't inspired a lot of confidence in the DCU to surive without the justice league so far..
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 10-04-2022 at 04:48 AM.

Empty and boring is the best description for this event.
    The funny thing is that Williamson probably thought that Titans splash would be a HUGE moment lol.
    So lame. Once again a lot of heroes posing and being ineffective.

Plus it really was very awkward to have established Leaguers like Vixen, Ted Kord, Captain Atom etc being called Titans. It means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Empty and boring is the best description for this event.
    The funny thing is that Williamson probably thought that Titans splash would be a HUGE moment lol.
    So lame. Once again a lot of heroes posing and being ineffective.

Plus it really was very awkward to have established Leaguers like Vixen, Ted Kord, Captain Atom etc being called Titans. It means nothing.
    Yeah, I don't think Williamson is really helping the Titans by having them show up and scream "WE ARE NOT THE JUSTICE LEAGUE". It's not the first time he does this either (he did it as well in that Death Metal tie-in).

This is, ironically, something Wolfman (or the cartoon for that matter) never did because it was self-evident. Granted, he had to defend himself from X-Men plagiarism accusations instead (remember Terra was designed as a giant **** you to Kitty Pryde) but still.

Was the Darkness being a fan of David Bowie meant to be Williamson trying to be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I do find it funny DC hyped up red canary appearing only for us to have still gotten nothing but small cameo appearances, which I assume are just for people that want to buy the first appearances of charactrs.

That's what I got from the spread as well, but it seems weird since several of them were never titans before and the roster for that group is already so big and underdeveloped as it is.

Honestly, with only 2 issues left I do hope this story can somehow turn around. It really hasn't inspired a lot of confidence in the DCU to surive without the justice league so far..
    Yeah I guess if Red Canary does actually appear in the upcoming Dark Army one-shot then that will be her full first appearance.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

So quick thing about the Deadly Green tie-in today, but as someone who read Ram V’s great Swamp Thing run, I’m confused by how Alec actually works.

Because both Levi and Alec are both physically in the hall of Justice as Swamp Thing, thankfully with differences to tell them apart, but when they go inside Alan’s lantern ring Alec disappears because Alec is technically not human and is only memories that exist inside Levi. So does that mean Alec is just constantly being constructed in the real world by Levi or just some weird magic thing that allows Alec free mobility?
    Last edited by sifighter; 10-04-2022 at 06:06 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I think it's just another example of Dark Crisis ignoring the details of events occurring in the solo books. They likely just wanted to have Alec in the story and randomly came up with a reason to have him there, whether it aligns with the story in the Swamp Thing title or not. Same with giving him the weird "dreadlocks" look that he didn't have before to differentiate him from Levi.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think it's just another example of Dark Crisis ignoring the details of events occurring in the solo books. They likely just wanted to have Alec in the story and randomly came up with a reason to have him there, whether it aligns with the story in the Swamp Thing title or not. Same with giving him the weird "dreadlocks" look that he didn't have before to differentiate him from Levi.
    I think Alec actually had the dreadlocks in Tynion’s Justice League Dark. Also I’m not sure if Williamson forgot, considering Ram V is working alongside him for Deadly Green. The memory thing was in Ram V’s run just not the Alec body.

Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Weren't they trying to make him look like Alan Moore?