Page 87 of 230 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 3441
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Me too. Guess I'll wait untill we have more information.

Peace
    Whoa, whoa, whoa... patience and an open mind? Are you not aware you are on a message board?! Is this type of post even legal?

Huh, not sure how to feel about this.

On the one hand, I like the character design...and it looks like they're bringing back the idea of Canary wearing a wig? I do find it kind of weird when a character wears a wig that's just a longer version of their normal hair color. Like, why not just grow out your hair? Unless it's a secret identity thing.

As for who it could be...I like the idea of Sin although I wonder if she would be too young for this. The red and the short hair scream Emiko but she was never that close to Dinah. If they do this with Emiko I wonder if this is to leave an opening for Mia to come back as the new red female archer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Anyways I'm enjoying this era of Dan Mora doing character designs far more than the one where Jim Lee did all of them.
    I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Oh I'm sure it won't happen overnight regardless of what her role in Dark Crisis happens to be. They usually don't rush those "big changes" since they know fans complain about them. So they will take their time with it similar to how they took their time with making Jon the new Superman. Post-Dark Crisis they will likely do some "Canaries" book first where Dinah mentors her and in a year or so give or take Dinah is somehow taken out of the equation and then the headlines about "the new and improved Black Canary" hit. You have to wonder if this still has any 5G written over it, since if Didio planned to "retire" all the big characters, I doubt Black Canary would've been an exception.
    I think you might be overthinking it a little. She's not even going by Black Canary.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think you might be overthinking it a little. She's not even going by Black Canary.
    No need to go by that name from the get go. I'm thinking of Connor who debuted in '94 and wasn't until almost 2 years later before he became the new Green Arrow. Williamson mentioned in a recent interview the whole thing about fans not minding new characters taking over classic mantles "as long as it feels earned", so I'm sure this wouldn't be a situation where Dinah doesn't make it back alive after Dark Crisis and the new girl is just rushed into the role. Like I said they will take their time with this, she will spend some time as a sidekick/partner first so when eventually they do transition her into the role fans won't do what Williamson said about complaining that she was given a mantle she never "earned".

No need to go by that name from the get go. I'm thinking of Connor who debuted in '94 and wasn't until almost 2 years later before he became the new Green Arrow. Williamson mentioned in a recent interview the whole thing about fans not minding new characters taking over classic mantles "as long as it feels earned", so I'm sure this wouldn't be a situation where Dinah doesn't make it back alive after Dark Crisis and the new girl is just rushed into the role. Like I said they will take their time with this, she will spend some time as a sidekick/partner first so when eventually they do transition her into the role fans won't do what Williamson said about complaining that she was given a mantle she never "earned".
    I just don't see the need for them to go to the trouble of trying to replace Black Canary of all characters.

If she was a black woman and they could lean into the diversity angle/movie synergy, maybe, but Dinah doesn't even have a solo.

Desing looks interesting and it's nice to see someone following the Canary's legacy. I also hope it's Sin too.

I just don't see the need for them to go to the trouble of trying to replace Black Canary of all characters.

If she was a black woman and they could lean into the diversity angle/movie synergy, maybe, but Dinah doesn't even have a solo.
    She seems Asian on that artwork. I don't see the need to do that either but frankly I'd be very surprised if say, 5 years from now, she is still a sidekick. Time will tell of course.

This new Red Canary does seem to be Asian, so it does at least count as diversity.

It doesn't make sense for this to be Lian, because she doesn't have her memory back, and even if she did, wouldn't she be more likely to emulate Roy, as a new Speedy? Though Speedy might not be available, as I think Williamson mentioned having plans for Mia (who hasn't been active since before Flashpoint - there was never a New 52 Speedy) in that AMA he did recently. Lian's current identity, Cheshire Cat, matches her mother's, which is just Cheshire.

There's no reason for Emiko to switch from Red Arrow either. Roy's currently Arsenal, so it's not a shared mantle problem like when Bart reverted back to Impulse, or the current Robin situation.

As for Sin, when did she even last appear? Before Flashpoint? Ripe for a revival.

Whoever she is, don't be surprised if she ends up on the next Teen Titans team.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-29-2022 at 10:40 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

How old was Sin again? Was she Lian's age or older? This girl looks like she's 18-ish which I think fits Emiko more.
    She seems Asian on that artwork. I don't see the need to do that either but frankly I'd be very surprised if say, 5 years from now, she is still a sidekick. Time will tell of course.
    She doesn't even need to be a sidekick. Who would she even be a sidekick too? There's no Green Arrow or Black Canary right now.

She doesn't even need to be a sidekick. Who would she even be a sidekick too? There's no Green Arrow or Black Canary right now.
    I imagine the post-Dark Crisis landscape will have GA and BC again so whatever role she plays here, after Dinah comes back, she will take her under her wing. Bad dum tss.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-29-2022 at 10:51 AM.

I imagine the post-Dark Crisis landscape will have GA and BC again so whatever role she plays here, after Dinah comes back, she will taker her under her wing. Bad dum tss.
    Probably Connor but it would be weird to pair him with his aunt .

How old was Sin again? Was she Lian's age or older? This girl looks like she's 18-ish which I think fits Emiko more.
    She looks older, but was definitely just a kid, unlike her Arrowverse counterpart (whose actor was 19). I'd guess maybe 10? She has a link to the League of Assassins though, maybe they could do something to explain an age up tied to them and Damian Wayne, who himself seems to have aged up too fast? Damian's 14 now, was 10 before Flashpoint, and Tim Drake seems to be the same age now as he was then! They could use the same explanation for Lian Harper, who's also been aged up more than she should've.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Sin_(New_Earth)
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Cindy_Simone_(Arrowverse)

I see she doesn't even have a last name in the comics - the Arrowverse gave her Gail Simone's in homage to the character being from her Birds of Prey run.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Well for me it's Lian Harper who take the mantle of Red Canary. She asian, have black hair, using the terms Red is not innocent when this father use Red in this costums. And she related to the GA Family.

Sin is all but forgotten, Emiko wouldn't make sense, and Lian is a little too young. But, Red Canary doesn't look like she's supposed to be that old either, still, Lian couldn't be that old without aging Roy and everyone else immensely.

I would say there's an off-chance she's this Earth's version of Sara Lance but stripping her of the White Canary mantle doesn't make much sense to me either.

Final guess? Sin (who could be aged up) or Lian which is gonna be more of a headache to deal with. Or, of course, someone new, but there's viable enough candidates to make whoever she is someone already in canon.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

BANNED

Wasn’t Black Canary Asian in the JSA dvd film? I never watched it, but I thought they racebent her.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Wasn’t Black Canary Asian in the JSA dvd film? I never watched it, but I thought they racebent her.
    The most recent one? No.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom