Page 215 of 230 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 3441
    Astonishing Member

"Say, Claude - do you want to read an event where the Justice League appear dead, but the story respects you enough to acknowledge that its not going to stick, instead exploring the impact on other characters? About Nightwing and Jon Kent's differing reactions and attempts to form a replacement, in the face of a Black Adam traumatised by witnessing it? While Hal Jordan and Wally West explore space and other dimensions to try and bring their friends back?"

" Boy, do I! Is that what Dark Crisis is? "

".... Kinda?"

Mighty Member

Puh, that was a big fat amount of wasted paper or data space, even the Metal events look coherent and well executed in comparison, and especially the Black Adam movie flop makes this look just even more pointless.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Ratings arent hard to find. 800,000 viewers for a cw show is fine and all but not a major number.

Compare that to stranger things or the rings of power had like 25 million viewers per episode.

Also Buffy and Power Rangers were Absolutely blockbuster shows for there demographics.... so im not sure why ur comparing cw to those shows.

Those shows had minimal competition when they were released. Many people had bunny ears and 5 channels when rangers dropped.

Cw in 2022 has literally thousands of shows to compete with.

If superman and lois were doing Stranger things type business then by all means it might make sense to use a tv Superman in a motion picture...

But as it stands objectively nobody watchs superman and lois.

We do have the numbers

Attachment 127348
    Do you have more relevant data like streaming numbers?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I'm stoked to see The Light make their way into mainstream. In the grand tradition of "cherry picking" but also "trying something new", I suspect some of them will be the same membership from YJ, some will be "shocking new choices".
    It seems to be more DC just taking the Light aesthetics

as in a shadowy cabal of supervillains pulling the strings of everything. The fact that the new Light has more than seven executives show here: https://insidepulse.com/wp-content/u...-1332x2048.jpg
    says they are not trying to be faithful to YJ.

I suspect it likely will have a combination of
    a) traditional members from YJ (like Ultra-Humanite, Ra's or Ocean Master/Black Manta)
    b) pet characters of the editors
    c) Wildstorm characters (Henry Bendix, John Lynch)
    d) characters representing the super-science/magic/space/espionge (Maxwell Lord?) sides of the DCU

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That was the biggest whimper of an ending I've ever seen...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post
    Than my good sir you haven’t seen many endings or read that many stories
    I agree, Dagothoth.

Most of DC's events seem to end in a whimper...to put it nicely.

If Light is made up out of existing villains... then aren't they putting themselves in danger here by asking Waller to kill metahumans?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It's definitely well-drawn, but I couldn't help but chuckle a little that Black Adam gave everyone a literal Glow-Up!

To me, I thought Waller would be more interested in manipulating metahumans to serve her purposes rather than kill them all, but I also haven't read the last SS series where it seems she became more extreme. Do we know Lady Peacemaker? Did she appear SS? From the looks of it, the Fusion baddie is likely Lex and Joker fused by a Yellow Lantern Ring. (but which Lex and Joker? Likely from another dimension?)
    I think Lady Peacemaker is called Peacewrecker. At least, I think I read that in some interview...

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I think Lady Peacemaker is called Peacewrecker. At least, I think I read that in some interview...
    Yeah in an interview in Newsarama if I recall.

Outline of one looks like Eclipso.

Always Rakzo

Williamson is clearly not made for these sort of big events since he's not that good at creating climactic battles or fast paced action (he's no Johns in that regard). What I do think he's good at, is creating good character moments and that's where this issue shines the most, especially the different relationships built for a lot of the cast, is pretty clear that Williamson considers Dick Grayson as a pretty important part of DC. In that sense, I do think that this is more satisfying than any Snyder event.

Art was good overall. As a whole, this event was not really needed although the development for the cast was nice. I don't think I want another event handled by Williamson but I do want a Titans book written by him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post

as in a shadowy cabal of supervillains pulling the strings of everything. The fact that the new Light has more than seven executives show here: https://insidepulse.com/wp-content/u...-1332x2048.jpg

a) traditional members from YJ (like Ultra-Humanite, Ra's or Ocean Master/Black Manta)
    d) characters representing the super-science/magic/space/espionge (Maxwell Lord?) sides of the DCU
    Batman: Call whatever spooky name you want. You're still the Secret Society of Super Villains in my eyes.

It really was an underwhelming crisis, with some enjoyable parts.

Dark Crisis should be a event in an smaller scale about the Titans and Deathstroke, without all that Dark Army and multiverse nonsense.

Also, bringing back infinite universes doesn't acomplishes anything, since we can barely see corners of the main universe anyways.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

I will say that, for me, it was very successful in one important way: It was not about Clark/Bruce/Diana. Yeah, the families were involved. But, it did spread the wealth around, to a degree. Was it a succcesful story? Meh. It was fine. But, one of the key things I did enjoy throughout every issue was that it wasn't just another "everything revolves around the Big 3" story. Even Hal and Barry, A-listers, were important but didn't overshadow everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post

Looks like the the second from the far right is a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    If Light is made up out of existing villains... then aren't they putting themselves in danger here by asking Waller to kill metahumans?
    Maybe they don't view themselves as Metahumans ore aren't technically Metas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Williamson is clearly not made for these sort of big events since he's not that good at creating climactic battles or fast paced action (he's no Johns in that regard). What I do think he's good at, is creating good character moments and that's where this issue shines the most, especially the different relationships built for a lot of the cast, is pretty clear that Williamson considers Dick Grayson as a pretty important part of DC. In that sense, I do think that this is more satisfying than any Snyder event.

Art was good overall. As a whole, this event was not really needed although the development for the cast was nice. I don't think I want another event handled by Williamson but I do want a Titans book written by him.
    His Flash run had pretty good action/climactic battles in my opinion.

And his Robin run was just a bunch of solid fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Do you have more relevant data like streaming numbers?
    Which platform is Superman and Lois available on for stream?

In Canada I believe it is only available for purchase thru Google or YouTube.

I actually bought Season 1 but only watched Maybe 5 episodes. Just not my style of show.

Though I do think Tyler is the bright spot on an otherwise melodrama/boring show.