Page 85 of 230 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 3441

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Iris West, Wally's daughter, goes by Impulse too.

Oh! I didn't know about that.
    Yeah when Death Metal was coming out everyone just kind of decided why start various threads when we could just all talk in the already 50 to 100+ page thread people talk in.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Iris West, Wally's daughter, goes by Impulse too.
    Well, she did for a brief time. But in the current Flash run, she has completely dropped it as it's been mentioned a few times that she's trying to come up with a new name.

So I think Impulse is still very much a Bart thing as Irey didn't have it for long and there wasn't much of an impact while she did.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    Well, she did for a brief time. But in the current Flash run, she has completely dropped it as it's been mentioned a few times that she's trying to come up with a new name.

So I think Impulse is still very much a Bart thing as Irey didn't have it for long and there wasn't much of an impact while she did.
    Yeah, trying to turn Impulse into a legacy character just felt so awkward and lame.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Yeah, trying to turn Impulse into a legacy character just felt so awkward and lame.
    I felt the same about Bart's transition into Kid Flash.

Not only was Impulse absolutely perfect for Bart, but his character had already laughed at the idea of taking up the name. So we get the dumb "Wally doesn't believe in Bart" junk to serve as motivation for Bart to become Kid Flash out of spite. It's not like the Kid Flash moniker was a big deal and Bart already had a long solo run as Impulse.

The Impulse name did fit Irey when Bart wasn't using it, she's certainly impulsive and even has a similar accelerated aging origin. She was still wearing her Impulse suit when re-introduced in Flash Forward. But then in Finish Line, her next appearance and Williamson's final arc on The Flash, she sees that Bart is Impulse again. Which is why she dropped the identity and now wants a new one. Hopefully she'll get something all her own after Dark Crisis.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Impulse name did fit Irey when Bart wasn't using it, she's certainly impulsive and even has a similar accelerated aging origin. She was still wearing her Impulse suit when re-introduced in Flash Forward. But then in Finish Line, her next appearance and Williamson's final arc on The Flash, she sees that Bart is Impulse again. Which is why she dropped the identity and now wants a new one. Hopefully she'll get something all her own after Dark Crisis.
    I cant remember but was Jai called or said the name "Surge" before the last issue of The Flash?
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Was there anything preventing you from creating a separate thread and seeing what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    In fairness, Bart was never supposed to be Kid Flash. He was created with his own unique identity as Impulse and that's what he's gone back to. Johns made him Kid Flash for a while for some dumb reason, but I think Bart is generally thought of as Impulse. He's a lot more unique than Wally West II, the current KF.
    QFT. 100% in agreement.

Peace

Wasn't Bart as Kid Flash editorially mandated?

I personally didn't mind it though.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I cant remember but was Jai called or said the name "Surge" before the last issue of The Flash?
    Wally gave him this name at the end of the last arc.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I personally didn't mind it though.
    After a couple of attempts that tried to do its own thing, Johns seemed intent on writing a Teen Titans as close as he could to the Wolfman and Perez Titans. If that was his choice, or editorial mandate, I never knew. Didn't care much for it though. I LOVE Johns' JSA, and many other things he's written, however I really didn't like his Teen Titans.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    After a couple of attempts that tried to do its own thing, Johns seemed intent on writing a Teen Titans as close as he could to the Wolfman and Perez Titans. If that was his choice, or editorial mandate, I never knew. Didn't care much for it though. I LOVE Johns' JSA, and many other things he's written, however I really didn't like his Teen Titans.

Peace
    Johns run doesn't feel like Wolfman's at all imo. I love both runs, tho.
    Bart got his knee shot by issue two and became Kid Flash by issue four, so i'm confident that it was his intention to make him the next Kid Flash from the get-go.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    According to Waid, it was an edict passed down by an editor that never got the character and had made it his mission to purge DC of anything fun.

He also mentioned that he, Johns, and Steve Wacker (the original editor) also argued against making Bart The Flash because they knew how it would turn out for the character. When Didio called to let him know they were killing Bart, his first thought was that they had already killed him years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Johns run doesn't feel like Wolfman's at all imo. I love both runs, tho.
    Bart got his knee shot by issue two and became Kid Flash by issue four, so i'm confident that it was his intention to make him the next Kid Flash from the get-go.
    I feel like Johns was a spiritual successor to Wolfman's run to some degree. Or like the Titans kind of going back-to-basics.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    It was mandated as well. Early Didio was trying to experiment with synergy and wanted a line up as close to the carton as possible (that's why we got the generations mixed up). Peter David has talked about it.

Personally, I don't find Johns Titans terrible or anything, but I don't really like the directions he went. I also feel tat the only character he got the voice right was Tim, and even then only before Infinite Crisis.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!