Page 216 of 230 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 3441

I tend to really enjoy Williamson as a writer but ultimately this felt like a real wasted opportunity. End of the day, what's really changed is:

1. The multiverse is now back to being infinite
    2. The Justice League is in a limbo period where they're rethinking their purpose and what it means going forward
    3. Nightwing is a beacon of hope and lightness that can lead the DCU forward
    4. Deathstroke is out of commission
    5. Amanda Waller is scheming with a new secret organization

Aside from the new status of the multiverse (potentially even more convoluted/confusing with the continued existence of Hypertime/the Dark Multiverse/whatever, just on a grander scale), most of this could have been accomplished with a story on a much smaller, more intimate scale, without going full cosmic nonsense and trying to tie it all back to the original Crisis and other things: something "kills" the League; Nightwing steps up and shows he's closer to Superman in terms of being an inspiring figure than Batman; Deathstroke tries to take advantage of the situation and gets slapped down; the League returns and takes a break to reassess what the League means going forward; and Amanda Waller looks at what happens and schemes and overreaches with a secret cabal, i.e. acts just like Amanda Waller. You can accomplish all of that without a crisis of infinite filler.

Is it the worst event? Of course not. But is it even close to being a good event? Oh god no.

Incredible Member

Ugh... the event was terrible, and then they make it even worse with the epilogue. Is anyone even clamoring for Amanda Waller content? I feel like I'm gonna pass on all 2023 DC comics.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Ugh... the event was terrible, and then they make it even worse with the epilogue. Is anyone even clamoring for Amanda Waller content? I feel like I'm gonna pass on all 2023 DC comics.
    Only if they reveal that's not actually Amanda Waller.

Another event where all the major stuff happens in the tie ins.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Which platform is Superman and Lois available on for stream?

In Canada I believe it is only available for purchase thru Google or YouTube.

I actually bought Season 1 but only watched Maybe 5 episodes. Just not my style of show.

Though I do think Tyler is the bright spot on an otherwise melodrama/boring show.
    As far as the US, it's on HBO Max and the CW App.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Only if they reveal that's not actually Amanda Waller.
    Funny you mention that. This whole thing seems to be copying Marvel.

Secret Invasion / Dark Crisis has the heroes fight off an invading force. In the aftermath, SHIELD/Justice League is dissolved. A villainous government backed character, Osborn/Waller steps into the void with a promise to restore order and hunt down heroes.

Norman Osborn was subsequently turned into crazy Green Goblin. Maybe Waller will turn out to be a martian.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Hbo max has 1% market share and about 46 million subscribers...

Generally we do hear more about trending shows hours viewed.... ive heard no one bragging about superman and lois trending on hbomax...

In any case even if 10% of hbomax subscribers watch superman and lois youd still only get about 4 or 5 million views. Im not sure if 10% is really generous or selling the show short...

Good enough for a show to be renewed. But warrent tyler appearing in another dc universes black adam movie... likely not.

Ultimately it didnt happen and that should be enough. No one at discovery discussed or hinted that was even a thought or possibility...

Ultimately if you enjoy that cw show then have fun with it. But i stand by what I said, the public at large isnt paying attention to tyler. And frankly no one really showed up for black adam either. The sequal has been cancelled.
    https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/hbo...re-1235272439/

Screenshot_20221221_125725_Chrome.jpg

BANNED

I'm trying to follow some of this discussion. If I am following it correctly...

Yes, I would agree that it would seem lame and weird if the CW Superman showed up to fight the Rock's Black Adam. It would seem embarrassing for Black Adam.

I'd love to see a DC event that didn't end with the words "To Be Continued".
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    The series is also on DVD.

One of the issues is WB nor DC mentions those shows are on DVD and depending on where you live those said DVDs are not sold in stores. Like the OGN novels (Beast Boy Love Raven and so on).

Same with the HBO Max shows like Titans and Doom Patrol.

At least on Amazon its among the top 500 sellers (Action & Adventure).

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'd love to see a DC event that didn't end with the words "To Be Continued".
    exactly! why did it end that way!?

It's a shame that Dark Crisis was simply a big placeholder instead of a true celebration of Legacy characters. It's pretty thanks to Sampere but far from inspiring. The status quo changes don't deserve to be labeled that way with the exception of Deathstroke's new situation.

Speaking of Deathstroke, it made me laugh when he talked to Black Adam as if they are in one age group and everyone younger than a JL founder is a toddler. What a joke.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Are we going to gloss over the fact that for the first time since 1986, the Infinite Earths are truly back in play? Regardless of the quality of the story, that's a pretty momentous shift of the nearly four-decade-old status quo.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Are we going to gloss over the fact that for the first time since 1986, the Infinite Earths are truly back in play? Regardless of the quality of the story, that's a pretty momentous shift of the nearly four-decade-old status quo.

but what does that mean? what could be done that couldn't have been done with 52 worlds or the "limited" multiverse?

how many worlds did writers even delve into in the last decade or two, maybe 100 all together (and I'm being generous)?

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

It's a multiverse by any other name.