Page 119 of 230 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 3441
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think it was, yeah. I don't think it was the injury itself, though that was certainly horrific, but how Slade treated Bart, the utter disregard and disrespect. Bart's supposed to be one of the Flashes, someone who runs through time and other dimensions, who fights the biggest, wildest threats in the multiverse....and a dude who's marginally stronger than normal considered him a joke barely worth acknowledging.

I think Slade made Bart realize that everyone saw him as a screw up, Slade taking him down so easily likely made Bart think the same, and I think that's what hurt more than the kneecap.

Inertia and the Rogues killed him, but that actually shows a degree of worry and concern; Bart was dangerous enough to kill.

Plus, the villains here and the relevant stories all came from around the same era, which did mark a shift not only in how YJ was treated but the DCU as a whole. When Johns put YJ into the Titans it really was the beginning of the end for these kids, even though Johns' run itself was popular at the time and sold well.

Plus.....almost nobody remembers who the hell Inertia even is, and that likely played a role too.
    But Jericho shot Bart using Slade body Bart knows this everyone know this.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I have a feeling Barry’s getting freed by Wally in this week issue of the crossover, allowing Barry to come to Hal’s rescue. Because that green makes me think Barry got into “Sector John Stewart” where we last left Hal.
    Yeah, there's a building with a big GL symbol on it like how we saw at the end of issue #3. Regardless of anything else, this is almost certainly John's world.

Quote Originally Posted by redmax99 View Post
    But Jericho shot Bart using Slade body Bart knows this everyone know this.
    Oh yeah, that's true.

Bet you $10 that the writer forgets that fact just like I did.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

I can't care about the fake worlds too much, they're not real.

Some of the costumes should carry over imo.

The merged League/Society/Titans in action.
    https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/...42854453088258
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Titans, JSA, the defunct JL, lotta legacy.

The real JL will come back and save the day.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Man, that Cyborg design is ugly. I mean, Cyborg has had some real bad looks over the years but that one above is just bland as hell.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

And that Titans belt somehow makes it look even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You love to see it. Just this image alone is what I love to see from my dc comics.

We got the Titans, Justice League members, the JSA, and the Bat-family just all doing heroic stuff. It’s great.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    I can't care about the fake worlds too much, they're not real.

Some of the costumes should carry over imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Donna's costume looks the best it's ever been. She looks so much better without the shoulder pads, armor, or the sword/shield.

Is that redhead Babs? She's missing that Oracle drip.

Is it just me or is Ted Grant/Wildcat sporting a grizzled old man beard that mixes in with his cowl.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

But..In all the world we have just this american heroes??

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    I don’t think China would send the Great Ten who are pretty against outside help last I checked.
    Words to live by.

I don’t think China would send the Great Ten who are pretty against outside help last I checked.
    Do the Great Ten even exist anymore?

Even if they do, it wouldn't matter because DC has a documented history of using its non-American heroes rather badly. When some of them ARE used well, it's usually by their creator (unless they were meant to be a joke, like Beefeater). When that creator moves on or the book they're in is cancelled, they get forgotten about and get sent to comics limbo. Most DC creative types have a distinct preference NOT to use characters created after when they first got into comics, and that goes double for international heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    And there could be stuff in Europe with European heroes handling that end. Who knows?