Page 155 of 230 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 3441
    Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Dear god, I still hate Animal Man's new costume. With everything else that's (thankfully) been undone from the New 52 disaster, we can't get Buddy's goggles and jacket look back?
    Ewwww, that costume is ugly indeed.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

All-New Member

1. Williamson himself has said in at least two different interviews that Deathstroke is under the control of something else.
    2. We've seen strong hints in at least three issues that Deathstroke is under the control of something else.
    3. After Deathstroke, Prometheus also infected others with the Darkness. This strongly suggests - at least to me - that anyone who receives it can pass it on. Like a simple STD.
    4. I thought those ugly black chains meant that the Dark Army was tied to someone, but since there will be chains even in issue #7, I was wrong and it's just a fashion decision.
    5. If Darkness is defeated in #6, why is there still a Dark Army in #7? Once the mind control ends, it should fall apart. Yes, we're talking about nasty, evildoers, but... come on! The big guns aren't going to suddenly obey a weirdly dressed mortal guy. And the lesser guns - after losing the power buff - do not pose any real threat.
    6. Without the Darkness, how the hell would Deathstroke control the Dark Army? Suddenly, out of nowhere, he grows mind control abilities...?!
    7. The suggestion that Deathstroke can be a worldwide threat in his own right is the joke of the year. We're talking about a mercenary with big swords and guns. That's all. In addition, half of the DC universe has already beaten him this year alone. Why should I take seriously any kind of crisis that has such a stupid ending?!

Quote Originally Posted by westieowner View Post
    1. Williamson himself has said in at least two different interviews that Deathstroke is under the control of something else.
    2. We've seen strong hints in at least three issues that Deathstroke is under the control of something else.
    3. After Deathstroke, Prometheus also infected others with the Darkness. This strongly suggests - at least to me - that anyone who receives it can pass it on. Like a simple STD.
    4. I thought those ugly black chains meant that the Dark Army was tied to someone, but since there will be chains even in issue #7, I was wrong and it's just a fashion decision.
    5. If Darkness is defeated in #6, why is there still a Dark Army in #7? Once the mind control ends, it should fall apart. Yes, we're talking about nasty, evildoers, but... come on! The big guns aren't going to suddenly obey a weirdly dressed mortal guy. And the lesser guns - after losing the power buff - do not pose any real threat.
    6. Without the Darkness, how the hell would Deathstroke control the Dark Army? Suddenly, out of nowhere, he grows mind control abilities...?!
    7. The suggestion that Deathstroke can be a worldwide threat in his own right is the joke of the year. We're talking about a mercenary with big swords and guns. That's all. In addition, half of the DC universe has already beaten him this year alone. Why should I take seriously any kind of crisis that has such a stupid ending?!
    I might be wrong but I think Williamson is intending Dark Crisis to ultimately be a Nightwing/Titans vs Deathstroke story much like how Secret Wars 2015 is ultimately about Reed Richards vs Doctor Doom. Otherwise I don't see the point of making Deathstroke the main villain of a Crisis (we already know it's him and not Pariah or whoever else).

Astonishing Member

They said something is controlling the Darkness too.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    They said something is controlling the Darkness too.
    The Clapper?

Astonishing Member

Loled though.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    I might be wrong but I think Williamson is intending Dark Crisis to ultimately be a Nightwing/Titans vs Deathstroke story much like how Secret Wars 2015 is ultimately about Reed Richards vs Doctor Doom. Otherwise I don't see the point of making Deathstroke the main villain of a Crisis (we already know it's him and not Pariah or whoever else).
    With barely any setup unlike Hickman's Secret Wars? Williamson wrote Deathstroke and set up the Great Darkness in his IF/JLI books but where is this Titans resolution coming from?
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Its supposed to be about legacy winning in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    With barely any setup unlike Hickman's Secret Wars? Williamson wrote Deathstroke and set up the Great Darkness in his IF/JLI books but where is this Titans resolution coming from?
    I agree the execution will probably be lacking due to the lack of bulid-up lol. It wouldn't be the first time DC does that mistake though (arguably the same happened in Final Crisis with Superman and in Death Metal with WW).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    If Williamson wanted a Nightwing and Titans vs Deathstroke story, he should've done that instead of shoehorning Deathstroke into Dark Crisis. The whole Deathstroke 'being controlled plot' is unnecessary regardless of whatever story Williamson wanted to tell.

Anyone remember the Dark Army? A killer's row of Heavy Big Bads and so far we just get Deathstroke. Even with the complete contrivance of them all being controllled, (lazy writing, much?) they're not even doing anything. (are they? I haven't been reading the tie-ins, but I hadn't heard about them appearing)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Anyone remember the Dark Army? A killer's row of Heavy Big Bads and so far we just get Deathstroke. Even with the complete contrivance of them all being controllled, (lazy writing, much?) they're not even doing anything. (are they? I haven't been reading the tie-ins, but I hadn't heard about them appearing)
    So far, Slade is the only member of the Dark Army doing anything and his personal army doesn't feel threatening, despite writers telling and showing us parts of their worldwide rampage.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    The Clapper?
    Either that or Captain Carrot. He's long overdue for his big moment.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    If Williamson wanted a Nightwing and Titans vs Deathstroke story, he should've done that instead of shoehorning Deathstroke into Dark Crisis. The whole Deathstroke 'being controlled plot' is unnecessary regardless of whatever story Williamson wanted to tell.
    Do Dick and Deathstroke have that one-sided of a history where Dick needs to beat him to resolve inner turmoil ? If that's the case, then I agree. Using Dark Crisis for this puts the focus on something that frankly isn't a multiverse level Crisis. However, if the goal is to have Dick come of age and prove himself worthy of being mentioned with the Trinity, then a relatively JLA free Dark Crisis fits the bill if Dick comes through and saves the day.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Do Dick and Deathstroke have that one-sided of a history where Dick needs to beat him to resolve inner turmoil ? If that's the case, then I agree. Using Dark Crisis for this puts the focus on something that frankly isn't a multiverse level Crisis. However, if the goal is to have Dick come of age and prove himself worthy of being mentioned with the Trinity, then a relatively JLA free Dark Crisis fits the bill if Dick comes through and saves the day.
    I feel like Dick overcame his history with Deathstroke a long time ago. Dick also came of age a long time ago and I feel like he's worthy of being mentioned with the Trinity. I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but Dick should replace Bruce in the Trinity. Shadow War was the latest in a string of stories that show Bruce is part of the problem, but Williamson and other writers pretend his hypocrisy is a virtue.

The 'facing Deathstroke to resolve one sided history, inner turmoil, come of age and prove worthiness' angle would be more suited for Rose, Jericho or Terra. Now that I think on it, that angle could work for Beast Boy too.