Page 161 of 230 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 3441

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Rumors were that DC was running a few Crises events before the big one. I don't think this is the final event, just another preview.
    When you remember that we already had an event called "Final Crisis" nearly 15 years ago. It's kind of sad at this point.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-30-2022 at 01:24 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Issue 5 of 7: "We are on the edge of a massive crisis."

They've been telling us that since before the series started and, still, nothing has happened. This is pathetic.
    I think for the 2023 event, they will reveal that there is The Greater Darkness that is behind everything. And then the Greatest Darkness after that.

Astonishing Member

They're already setting up the magical crisis. All these Crisis somehow link up to the next.

To what end though. At this point why should people get invested in anything DC does when every other year they will keep pumping out gimmick events that change something about the timeline again.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    To what end though. At this point why should people get invested in anything DC does when every other year they will keep pumping out gimmick events that change something about the timeline again.
    Yeah, at least Marvel breaks theirs up into Cosmic issues that will destroy Earth every other year and Xmen vs the other years...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Rumors were that DC was running a few Crises events before the big one. I don't think this is the final event, just another preview.
    We've reached a point where there are too many previews and all of them low quality(Metal, Death Metal, Dark Crisis). DC doesn't need a big crisis, they need consistent story telling.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    We've reached a point where there are too many previews and all of them low quality(Metal, Death Metal, Dark Crisis). DC doesn't need a big crisis, they need consistent story telling.
    DC HAS consistent storytelling. Unfortunately those stories are all multiversal changing crises. What is needed is to end an event with something other can a "To Be Continued" blurb and to let individual series tell their stories.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Astonishing Member

No timeline is being changed. And at least there isn't much ties in to regular books.

Fans can just skip these events if they dont like them. I skip most of Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    No timeline is being changed. And at least there isn't much ties in to regular books.

Fans can just skip these events if they dont like them. I skip most of Marvels.
    Depends on the writers as to how skippable they can be. I didn't bother with Geoff Johns' Doomsday Cluck and I'm not reading the current Flashpoint Beyond, but supposedly things happened / are happening in them that may impact books I'm thinking of getting.
    = Grrrrrrr! =

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    I think for the 2023 event, they will reveal that there is The Greater Darkness that is behind everything. And then the Greatest Darkness after that.
    Followed by Darker Darkness and Darkest Darkness and Just, Really Dark, Man, Like, I Can't Even See?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Depends on the writers as to how skippable they can be. I didn't bother with Geoff Johns' Doomsday Cluck and I'm not reading the current Flashpoint Beyond, but supposedly things happened / are happening in them that may impact books I'm thinking of getting.
    = Grrrrrrr! =
    Doomsday Clock really seemed like a stupid Watchmen cash grab at the time, and it's slow release didn't help - by the end it had already been contradicted, and they had to change the ending to erase an artifact Saturn Girl due to Bendis's Legion. It's reintroduction of the JSA was also rendered moot when Flash Forward, Wally's book, did the same thing (that's also what brought Bendis's Legion into existence).

But now with Flashpoint Beyond and New Golden Age, it looks like Doomsday Clock will be important after all.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Followed by Darker Darkness and Darkest Darkness and Just, Really Dark, Man, Like, I Can't Even See?
    The Final Crisis of the Infinite Omniversity's Dark Nights: Death Metal Rocks! Where it is revealed that the Great Darkness is in fact the collective unconscious of the Dark Multiverse.

At least the Hypertime Crises have more original names: Zero Hour, the Kingdom, Flashpoint, Convergence, Doomsday Clock, and now the New Golden Age.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 10-01-2022 at 04:59 AM.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Astonishing Member

Mutliverse Crises are the best Crises.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    When you remember that we already had an event called "Final Crisis" nearly 15 years ago. It's kind of sad at this point.
    The "Final Crisis" that story referred to was ultimately the final crisis of the Monitors, not of the DCU. Crisis stuff has been a tradition in DC since the early JLA/JSA team-ups. I do agree this event has been lackluster, though. On the other hand, we get to see a lot of Hal here and he's been pretty funny and cool in it.

I'm just ready for the end of "Darkness this, Darkness that."