Page 11 of 230 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Maybe that's the twist...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I noted than Green Arrow and Black Canary are lacking from representatives replacements in the images.
    I was hoping to see Roy at least.
    There's some art that shows Ollie training Roy.
    And Golden Age Dinah was with the JSA in one image.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'm curious, but I've been burnt WAY too many times by DC with their garbage 'events'.
    I've skipped everything since Infinite Crisis and don't feel like I've missed anything worth a damn.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

If they have the new Gen take over for the JL....they probably wont but I hope they do..address why Gen 1 or Gen 2 dont attempt to be in the League

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I'm curious, but I've been burnt WAY too many times by DC with their garbage 'events'.
    I've skipped everything since Infinite Crisis and don't feel like I've missed anything worth a damn.
    None of them have mattered since...everything is in continuity now lol.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Exactly. This is overlapping with Johns’s Flashpoint redux. Which one ‘counts’?? Which one resets the titles with the THIRD round of new #1’s??? Sorry not sorry, hard pass on allllll of it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Tell that to the faceless individuals that keep yelling.

And those things people apparently don't want are selling better in digital format. Probably because it allows them to read it without going into a comic shop where everyone is telling them what they want to purchase is ruining the industry.
    Yes, but the door swings both ways. Older fans get lambasted for adhering to the status quo. However newer fans come in and, unless everything is changed to suit them, don't want to read the books.

Besides, nobody can stop people from reading what they want to read. Blaming fans is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well if we were to take Williamson's word from the press release at face value, he claims that this story won't have reboots, retcons or altering the timeline again, but rather about seeing a Crisis event from the perspective of the former sidekicks, partners and overall younger generations and how they would save the day without their mentors. But I can't argue with your sentiment though. It's a cash grab, only thing to hope for is to be a quality cash grab.
    So how that works with Great Darkness being one gigantic retcon?

Astonishing Member

He clearly mean nothing changes reality wise after.

As a huge fan of Blue Beetle - Jaime Reyes, it’s just nice to see DC actually acknowledge his existence. I know he won’t play a big part in this event but it’s cool that he’s present in the lineup of heroes.

I guess it makes sense that he’s there since the story is apparently about legacy characters.

Also, it looks like the fixed Connor Hawke’s skin tone.
    Last edited by Robotman; 02-09-2022 at 11:41 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Tell that to the faceless individuals that keep yelling.

And those things people apparently don't want are selling better in digital format. Probably because it allows them to read it without going into a comic shop where everyone is telling them what they want to purchase is ruining the industry.
    But with the exception of SSOK, none of the 5G seem to be a great seller digitally (as seen on Comixology - https://www.comixology.com/comics-be...List_pg=1&cu=0)
    If we look at this week's sales, Jace's book isn't near the top 10 (even with all the publicity, the big NY advertising, and overall push he's getting).

There are still some books from last week affecting this week's ratings on Comixology today, so it may be better to look at that tomorrow, but we can still see which books released this week are selling better than others.

So amongst the current bestsellers, we have Batman, SSOK, JL annual, and the Batfamily event that made the top 10 of this week.
    Then we see Joker and Batgirls that are currently amongst the top 20 best-selling (but ranking are likely to improve tomorrow)
    Batman UL with Zatanna and Ace and titans United are currently on the top 30 best sellers.

And only then Jace, FS Gotham, and Black Manta.

The rankings are likely to improve tomorrow when we won't see the effect of last week's releases, but the trend of mostly bat-books amongst DC's best sellers is still here. The only exception is that SSOK is doing well digitally.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    But with the exception of SSOK, none of the 5G seem to be a great seller digitally (as seen on Comixology - https://www.comixology.com/comics-be...List_pg=1&cu=0)
    If we look at this week's sales, Jace's book isn't near the top 10 (even with all the publicity, the big NY advertising, and overall push he's getting).

There are still some books from last week affecting this week's ratings on Comixology today, so it may be better to look at that tomorrow, but we can still see which books released this week are selling better than others.

So amongst the current bestsellers, we have Batman, SSOK, JL annual, and the Batfamily event that made the top 10 of this week.
    Then we see Joker and Batgirls that are currently amongst the top 20 best-selling (but ranking are likely to improve tomorrow)
    Batman UL with Zatanna and Ace and titans United are currently on the top 30 best sellers.

And only then Jace, FS Gotham, and Black Manta.

The rankings are likely to improve tomorrow when we won't see the effect of last week's releases, but the trend of mostly bat-books amongst DC's best sellers is still here. The only exception is that SSOK is doing well digitally.
    What are the healthy margins for digital books?

I'm sure the 5G stuff does well. But I don't think it does as well as many claim they do. The big guns still sell and are the bulk of DCs sales. It's why they have the Death Of The JL event set in the future precisely so they can still have the major players running around. No way would DC want to take that hit sales wise if they took them all out of play (as fun as that may be to see storywise).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    What are the healthy margins for digital books?

I'm sure the 5G stuff does well. But I don't think it does as well as many claim they do. The big guns still sell and are the bulk of DCs sales. It's why they have the Death Of The JL event set in the future precisely so they can still have the major players running around. No way would DC want to take that hit sales wise if they took them all out of play (as fun as that may be to see storywise).
    Usually, digital sales are considered about 10% of the overall sales, but maybe it changed.

Anyway, based on the evidence we do have, the 5G characters don't seem to be well-accepted so far.
    If we look at the Comichorn numbers of September & October -
    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...1/2021-09.html
    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...1/2021-10.html

Jackson's book number #1 debuted with 25k sales (place 124 on the chart) and sank to 15k sales by the 2nd issue.
    Wonder girl sold 33k by issue #4 and was the 64 best seller of the month, after all the buzz and big opening.
    Jace's book dropped below Nightwing and Robin by his #2nd issue, and since October wasn't on the 50 bestseller list on ICV2.
    SSOK had great sales after the bi reveal but by issue #7 the book was only the 62 best seller of the month by ICV2.

So right now, none of the 5G characters seem to make it to the top 50 books of the month.
    The only consistent seller DC seem to have right now is Batman (and DKOS), and Bat-related characters (Joker, Nightwing, Robin).

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Oh and apparently the “Dark Army” is all the Big Bads on the left in the OP. So it’s all of the DC Big Bads vs the heroes. Gotta admit that sounds pretty cool personally.

His book will be set in the “past” so I think it will just continue on without tying in to the events of DoTJL until it’s time for the OGs to come back.
    I hear a lot about these villains teaming up on this thread but are they? I thought the Great Darkness already took out Darkseid and some of these villains are straight up "henchmen" of the Great Darkness, so I could see them all being mere puppets of the Great Darkness in this event.

I like that Williamson already clarified that this isn't a Crisis that's going to change reality. I just hope it stays that way.

I think that this image has Darkseid in front only because technically he is the villain of DC universe and regular comics readers can recognize him, nobody really knows what Great Darkness looks like. I have read Multiversity many times and I wouldn't recognize him in that promo picture if I hadn't read discussions about recent JLI issue.

But based on what Williamson did in JLI it does sounds like all of them will just be puppets for Great Darkness. Maybe even some zombie versions infected with anti-death.
    Last edited by HsssH; 02-10-2022 at 01:50 AM.

I have seen a few posts of people actin as if this is gonna be a permeate thing. Here's the deal as I see it: We get a few new #1's for the solo booksand the new JL book will be a mixture of the 5G and OG members. In about a year or so Jon Kent and them will become background characters and then outta the book completely in a year or 2. We end up with the Big 7 once again until the next crossover. It's just how DC does these things.
    "If you look up at me you will see a friend. If you look down at me you will see an enemy. But if you look me square in the eye you will see a God."-Bray Wyatt