Page 120 of 230 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 3441
    Astonishing Member

Doomsday Clock basically made America the centre of the world and with the most heroes.

Dr. Light's Japanese.

I don't like that Nightwing's still sitting in the hospital - there's stuff to do!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I don't like that Nightwing's still sitting in the hospital - there's stuff to do!
    It seems par for the course for this series, there's supposedly all the dangerous stuff going on but most of the characters have done a whole lot of nothing so far....and we're half way through now.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Do the Great Ten even exist anymore?
    They did when New Super-Man and the Justice League of China was running. Doomsday Clock actually suggested that it became the Great Twenty, adding the four JLC members and another half dozen characters, but that's since been contradicted by Kenan, Avery and Baixi's later appearances (Wonder-Woman is the only one who's been a total no-show since New Super-Man ended) - Kenan works with the other Super and as a solo hero, Baixi joined Batman Inc, and Avery is working with the other Flashes and Justice League Incarnate, meaning that the JLC apparently disbanded instead of joining the Great Ten.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I forgot both Death Metal and post IF changed reality again.

Flashpoint beyond might too.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It seems par for the course for this series, there's supposedly all the dangerous stuff going on but most of the characters have done a whole lot of nothing so far....and we're half way through now.
    I'm biased, but that said I'm glad Hal immediately took action (as is his nature) and flew off to find the JLA, not buying Black Adam's story.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    . . . Kenan works with the other Super and as a solo hero, Baixi joined Batman Inc, and Avery is working with the other Flashes and Justice League Incarnate, meaning that the JLC apparently disbanded instead of joining the Great Ten.
    I still don't understand when and how Bat-Man of China joined Batman, Inc. since that group supposedly ended prior to the introduction of Wang Baixi in New Super-Man.

Batman ink has recently restarted. Or are you referring to the Great Ten?
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I still don't understand when and how Bat-Man of China joined Batman, Inc. since that group supposedly ended prior to the introduction of Wang Baixi in New Super-Man.
    They reformed and I guess they called him up when that happened, if I’m recalling correctly. He’s a very recent addition from Williamson’s run in Batman.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Frankly, I prefer the great 10 to the Justice League of china. Just like I prefer the Legion of superheroes to the Justice League 3,000.

Heck, I wouldn't mind a global Guardians either. Though in that case, my dream team would largely consist of a reunion of much of the Justice League international roster. That's different from the others, because the JLI doesn't try to carbon copy the big names (superman, batman, Wonder woman, Flash, etc.)
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Frankly, I prefer the great 10 to the Justice League of china. Just like I prefer the Legion of superheroes to the Justice League 3,000.
    At this moment, they should be the big twenty. But yeah, I also share your preferences.

Heck, I wouldn't mind a global Guardians either. Though in that case, my dream team would largely consist of a reunion of much of the Justice League international roster. That's different from the others, because the JLI doesn't try to carbon copy the big names (superman, batman, Wonder woman, Flash, etc.)
    Indeed, the Justice League needs to move away from the big seven structure, at least for a time and open to other possibilities.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They did when New Super-Man and the Justice League of China was running. Doomsday Clock actually suggested that it became the Great Twenty, adding the four JLC members and another half dozen characters, but that's since been contradicted by Kenan, Avery and Baixi's later appearances (Wonder-Woman is the only one who's been a total no-show since New Super-Man ended) - Kenan works with the other Super and as a solo hero, Baixi joined Batman Inc, and Avery is working with the other Flashes and Justice League Incarnate, meaning that the JLC apparently disbanded instead of joining the Great Ten.
    Can't Kenan, Baixi and Avery do what they do and be members of Great Twenty at the same time? Name sounds better than Justice League of China.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    There is nothing to understand, Williamson just made a weird decision that someone else will have to explain. Or it will be forgotten in couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Can't Kenan, Baixi and Avery do what they do and be members of Great Twenty at the same time? Name sounds better than Justice League of China.

There is nothing to understand, Williamson just made a weird decision that someone else will have to explain. Or it will be forgotten in couple of years.
    I think Williamson just liked Avery so much in his Flash run he just put Baixi in his Batman run.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Doomsday Clock basically made America the centre of the world and with the most heroes.
    I wouldn't say Doomsday Clock made it that way. More like it acknowledged that the US is the center of the superhuman community and has a disproportionate share of the world's superhumans. This is, of course, because DC Comics is an American company with a readership that's largely Americans; and as such, most of its content for its eight decades of existence has been centered on the United States, and most of the heroes it has created have been Americans.
    Rogue wears rouge.