Page 131 of 230 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 3441
    Astonishing Member

Gonna have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    What is the point of all these over the top crisis stores with all these world's ?
    At its core its just fun stories a writer wants to share and the vast majority of DC readers love these epic larger then life events ... these big stories sell... it's the reason marvels cinematic universe culminated into infinity and endgame... to create a sense of finality and allow for a fresh crop of stories to begin.

Of course each event has its own writer who has his own goals in telling the story.

But at its core people buy these stories because they like them. The sales result in DC and Marvel wanting to continue to tell those types of 3rd act type stories to end each era, New flock comes in and the cycle continues.

For someone like me that loves these events and collects them all they are my favorite kind of story. I see the entire DC universe through these events. The stories told between these events are fun to but must, for me, always be leading to these types of final act stories.

It's people like me that buy these stories. We are the reason dc keeps selling them.

I'm big nerd and try to follow DC's cosmology or whatever you want to call it so it is not like I should really complain... but my head started hurting reading last two pages. Nobody, as in nobody sane, cares about all this bullshit and thats the main problem with this event.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Exactly my point. We should not be jumping to conclusions yet.
    And hyper time is “just” a collection of timelines in the same way that the Omniverse is “just” a collection of alternate Earths. It is true, as far as it goes; but it doesn't go far enough. As you suggested waiting until dark crisis number four, I would recommend waiting until Flashpoint Beyond number five; there are going to be a number of big Revelations in there, including stuff about hyper time.
    Yeah, none of that matters. What matters, imo is what happens after - the titles they publish based on the new status quo and if any of them will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    At its core its just fun stories a writer wants to share and the vast majority of DC readers love these epic larger then life events ... these big stories sell... it's the reason marvels cinematic universe culminated into infinity and endgame... to create a sense of finality and allow for a fresh crop of stories to begin.
    Well said - I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm big nerd and try to follow DC's cosmology or whatever you want to call it so it is not like I should really complain... but my head started hurting reading last two pages. Nobody, as in nobody sane, cares about all this bullshit and thats the main problem with this event.
    But enough of u$ are buying it and that'$ what $DC$ care$ about$$$.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

I heard a rumor that the next big Crisis will happen in 2024 and will be called "Light Crisis on Infinite Earths".

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    I heard a rumor that the next big Crisis will happen in 2024 and will be called "Light Crisis on Infinite Earths".
    I could see DC naming the next big Crisis like that. Or something like "Crisis of Crisis of Infinite Crisis in the Multiple Crisis of Earths"

I'm just waiting for "Crisis on Finite Earths"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Superman: "How many worlds are endangered? I will gather the Justice League!"
    Harbinger: "Ummm... a few. -ish. Ok, just 3."
    Superman: "..."
    Harbinger: "Hey, it's more than one!"
    Superman: "Three? I mean... you sure? Just three? Maybe you meant three multiverses, or something?"
    Harbinger: "Nope. Just three. Three worlds. Period."
    Superman: "..."
    Harbinger: "Soooo... chop chop. Gather the team? Maybe the Titans, too? JSA? Need to borrow my cell?"
    Superman: "Nah. I mean... wow, I was just getting worked up for a big one. Sure, three... that's cool, and all. I mean, y'know...."
    Aquaman: "Nah, I'm out."
    Hal Jordan: "I've, ummm... I've got a thing. To do. At the same time. Scheduling conflict. Feel awful about it, though."

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Honestly the vast majority of the world is religious ... at least 4 or 5 billion or Muslim, Jewish, Christian, catholic, Hindu, Buddhist, etc

And the vast majority haven't read there texts in full or understand them. Like not even in the slightest. But that lore is important to creating a sense of complexity and wonder.

Dcs convoluted back stories of the universe or hyper time or omniverse is that same sort of thing. It's vague but complex and creates a lore.

So yah people do care to the same extent most Christians care about complex doctrines etc etc.

So ... yah people care as much is as required.

Astonishing Member

Everybody cares. Only evildoers don't.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    How can a story get ignored? Simple; the writers ignore it.

Should it be ignored? That's an entirely different question; especially when the writers are making a point not to ignore so many other things.
    A lot of the stories DC's current writing staff chooses to not ignore are stuff that should be ignored.

Issue 1.
    Lois: Clark where do you what to go for Dinner?
    Clark: I won't know, where do you want to go?
    Lois: I don't know, anywhere is fine with me.
    Clark: How about Sushi?
    Lois: NO, I am not in the mood for Sushi
    Clark: You said you didn't care!
    Lois: Ok, no Sushi!
    Clark: How about Mexican?
    Lois: No, I my stomach wouldn't like that tonight...

Superman: Hey Hank, can you go attack something please?
    Hank: THe wife giving you crap again?
    Superman: What wife? Yes...
    Hank: How big?
    Superman: A few hours of work should be enough.
    Hank: You got it, but you owe me...

Clark: OH NO LOIS! Cyborg Superman is attacking. I need to leave!!!!
    ***WOOOSH***

Next Issue
    Selena: Hey Brucie, what do you want to do for dinner....

By the way, according to the checklist (the one revised when they said this was now Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths), here's what's still due out between now and the end of the year:

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Issue 1.
    Lois: Clark where do you what to go for Dinner?
    Clark: I won't know, where do you want to go?
    Lois: I don't know, anywhere is fine with me.
    Clark: How about Sushi?
    Lois: NO, I am not in the mood for Sushi
    Clark: You said you didn't care!
    Lois: Ok, no Sushi!
    Clark: How about Mexican?
    Lois: No, I my stomach wouldn't like that tonight...

Superman: Hey Hank, can you go attack something please?
    Hank: THe wife giving you crap again?
    Superman: What wife? Yes...
    Hank: How big?
    Superman: A few hours of work should be enough.
    Hank: You got it, but you owe me...

Clark: OH NO LOIS! Cyborg Superman is attacking. I need to leave!!!!
    ***WOOOSH***

Next Issue
    Selena: Hey Brucie, what do you want to do for dinner....
    I'd buy it. But I'd especially love to see Kevin Maguire's take on these scenes.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post

I heard it’s gonna be called “Dimly lit Crisis at Dave’s house”