Page 135 of 230 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 3441
    Astonishing Member

Only few more days left.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Only few more days left.
    Very much here for it! Still a title I'm very excited for

I already am planning a gigantic reread of all the related title in my preread list and then reread Infinite Frontier and Justice League Incarnate for the 3rd time! Before completing Dark Crisis for a second read just to appreciate all the references and small things ...

I also recommend this Comics Explained multipart series

https://youtu.be/bN9vOfa8UZA
    https://youtu.be/VyxPqGLpawI
    https://youtu.be/T1P-Vl83ieQ
    https://youtu.be/yJN2qJWKWGM
    https://youtu.be/1HIPm7k2H08

Probably a few other videos on that channel I haven't even got to yet!

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Not really. We all know where this story has been headed, Johns just did a summation of how space and time operate in the DCU.

ItÂ’s more about how we get there and the new status quo (whoÂ’s around now and whoÂ’s not around now) at the end, from my POV.
    Yeah honestly it’s just using what Williamson has announced publicly and saying the natural conclusion of a crisis. We knew about Justice League returning, in fact it was pretty much a given since issue 1. At SDCC Williamson also have away changes to the multiverse because of Pariah. And the heroes saving the day is just the standard course of these stories.

The only thing Johns has negatively effected is probably Shadow War by bringing Ra’s back to life.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah honestly it’s just using what Williamson has announced publicly and saying the natural conclusion of a crisis. We knew about Justice League returning, in fact it was pretty much a given since issue 1. At SDCC Williamson also have away changes to the multiverse because of Pariah. And the heroes saving the day is just the standard course of these stories.

The only thing Johns has negatively effected is probably Shadow War by bringing Ra’s back to life.
    Ra's was going to revive eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Ra's was going to revive eventually.
    Yeah I thought so too because resurrection is his whole thing
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The whole, "... again..." was totally taking a swing at Dark Crisis.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member

Yeah I thought so too because resurrection is his whole thing
    I'm more interested in what Ras revival means for Geo Force. I thought he got a raw deal.

We all know that every action movie is going to end with main character saving the day, but for very obvious reasons people behind the movie try their hardest to make it look uncertain. That DC is not even trying at this point to make it look like their stories have actual stakes is telling.

I'm more interested in what Ras revival means for Geo Force. I thought he got a raw deal.
    He’ll be back eventually I’m sure.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    We all know that every action movie is going to end with main character saving the day, but for very obvious reasons people behind the movie try their hardest to make it look uncertain. That DC is not even trying at this point to make it look like their stories have actual stakes is telling.
    That's pretty much it, it never felt like Williamson was even trying to sell that this was the end so there was zero drama, and this just cements it, "The Justice League is back and they saved the universe from certain destruction...again..." It's like saying, "been there, done that and got the tshirt."
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

It will mean nothing for Geo-Force, writers don't follow up on boring stories they simply move on as if they never happened.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I think he means the Generations: Shattered and Generations: Forged books from Dan Jurgens that were released last year. (The ones where the story actually began with the Dan Jurgens story in Detective Comics #1027. I believe the collected version was called DC Comics: Generations.)

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    My fault.

The correct title is
    From the pages of Dark Knights: Death Metal
    Generations Shattered #1
    Oh thanks. I think remember seeing the covers for those and I think Kamandi was involved.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

This week read Dark Crises 4 then Flashpoint Beyond 5.I saw on the Previews Flashpoint starts 2 days after Dark Crises.I don't know if its after Dark Crises 5,6,7 or not im a little confused buy this

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Isn't Batman in Flashpoint Beyond? How does that help Dark Crisis?
    "Cable was right!"

I guess all of Flashpoint Beyond is set after Dark Crisis?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman