Page 14 of 230 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    The Judas Contract was a storyline in a monthly title, not an event comic.
    I didn't say it was. Checkmate.

So who else wants to bet we will see a scene of Deathstroke vs Nightwing and Jace Fox as Batman?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    . . . The major publishers also shot themselves in the foot by going direct market . . .
    While I miss being able to look through / buy comic books off magazine racks in stores other than comic book shops, I'm not sure how much choice the comic book companies really had in the matter.
    Most chain stores like Walmart and CVS that I've been to had severely been reducing the space they gave to magazine sales; the magazines (especially comic books) were more of a hassle to maintain and weren't profitable enough for them to justify keeping them.
    Also, for newsstand/non-comic book shop sales, if issues of the comic books didn't sell, it wasn't like complete issues were returned by the stores to the publishers to be resold elsewhere. When I worked at a Waldenbooks (remember them?) years ago, comic book "returns" were done by ripping the front cover off of each issue to get credit for an unsold copy. The rest of the issue was just thrown away. And if a store never even bothered to put the issues out for sale in the first place, it didn't cost the store anything to return the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So who else wants to bet we will see a scene of Deathstroke vs Nightwing and Jace Fox as Batman?
    I don't think Deathstroke has a reason to fight Jace unless it's a "Deathstroke has to fight a version of Batman" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Deathstroke has a reason to fight Jace unless it's a "Deathstroke has to fight a version of Batman" thing.
    Yeah pretty much, with Williamson writing the Shadow War crossover, not to mention other times Batman and Deathstroke having fought, and Deathstroke being a villain in this event I just assume we would get a fight where Deathstroke is trying to beat up Jace and saying stuff how he doesn't compare to the other guy.

I'm assuming a lot of assumptions based on new and old characters available and writing based on "hey that'd be cool". I assume Deathstroke fights Jace, Doomsday will fight Jon, Ares will fight Yara, Nekron may fight Jo, and etc. It's all just wild guess work.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yeah pretty much, with Williamson writing the Shadow War crossover, not to mention other times Batman and Deathstroke having fought, and Deathstroke being a villain in this event I just assume we would get a fight where Deathstroke is trying to beat up Jace and saying stuff how he doesn't compare to the other guy.

I'm assuming a lot of assumptions based on new and old characters available and writing based on "hey that'd be cool". I assume Deathstroke fights Jace, Doomsday will fight Jon, Ares will fight Yara, Nekron may fight Jo, and etc. It's all just wild guess work.
    Hey, maybe the Inferior Five will be the ones who fight the Big Bads and save everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Hey, maybe the Inferior Five will be the ones who fight the Big Bads and save everyone!
    If the inferior five were truly the heroes to save the multiverse from what killed the Justice League I would applaud this series and buy it five times over just for the great joke alone.
    Words to live by.

I guess Shadow War is part of this for the Deathstroke stuff

https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/...00413856104451
    Words to live by.

I guess Shadow War is part of this for the Deathstroke stuff

https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/...00413856104451
    Libya is a part of Deathstroke, Inc. so the ties have been there from the start. Last issue had Slade crown himself king of the supervillains and it looks like he is indeed in charge of the super villain community in Dark Crisis given the silhouettes of the characters next to him in the preview (one of them looks like Prometheus).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Libya is a part of Deathstroke, Inc. so the ties have been there from the start. Last issue had Slade crown himself king of the supervillains and it looks like he is indeed in charge of the super villain community in Dark Crisis given the silhouettes of the characters next to him in the preview (one of them looks like Prometheus).
    Yeah it all tracks so far, and just like I said in the preview thread its hilarious they were all saying "we won't get into crisis events like the Legion of Doom" and immediately Slade drags them into a crisis event.
    Last edited by sifighter; 02-11-2022 at 11:59 AM.
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    How is Libya part of Deathstroke Incoporated?

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    How is Libya part of Deathstroke Incoporated?
    Meant Libra that Black Adam teaser messed me up
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Alright time for some big spoilers from Deathstroke inc for this thread

spoilers:
    It’s revealed the person in charge of Trust is Libra sister of the Libra who worked for Darkseid in Final Crisis. She was reforming the secret society of supervillains post Death Metal to keep villains in check so they could profit without risk of another Perpetua situation....but Deathstroke said to hell with that and killed her and the calculator and claiming that he would lead the Secret Society as King of the Supervillains.
    end of spoilers
    Words to live by.

Alright time for some big spoilers from Deathstroke inc for this thread

spoilers:
    It’s revealed the person in charge of Trust is Libra sister of the Libra who worked for Darkseid in Final Crisis. She was reforming the secret society of supervillains post Death Metal to keep villains in check so they could profit without risk of another Perpetua situation....but Deathstroke said to hell with that and killed her and the calculator and claiming that he would lead the Secret Society as King of the Supervillains.
    end of spoilers
    It's always the sudden sister...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's always the sudden sister...
    spoilers:
    . . . who becomes the sudden dead sister?
    end of spoilers