Page 15 of 230 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

My personal hope is that all those past lives memories nonsense will be discarded and they'll all be reverted back to being separate lives in different multiverses.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's always the sudden sister...
    I really hope that there's more to her. So far, Libra's DCU history has consisted of:

1) He's the mysterious figure who forms the Injustice Gang, and promptly smears himself across the universe.
    2) Completely disappearing for 30 years.
    3) Showing up in Final Crisis as a herald of Darkseid, complete with a never-before revealed origin (which, pointedly, has no sister).
    4) Getting killed by Luthor.
    5) Never being mentioned again until his long-lost retconned sister takes over the role... and is promptly killed.

Seems like kind of a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    My personal hope is that all those past lives memories nonsense will be discarded and they'll all be reverted back to being separate lives in different multiverses.
    I think that asides of Williamson' nobody has even mentioned it. So you know, does it really exist regardless of what the official line is?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    I think it's more change thst is earned more than just hate of a character for x y or z.
    SOOOOOOOOOOO how long does Falcon have to exist to be Cap America????

Because nobody was out for blood when US Agent and Winter Soldier wore it.

US Agent was active for 1 year before taking over for Steve.
    Falcon was active for 45 years before taking over for Steve.

Where were the fits for Tim Drake as Robin???
    Cassandra Cain as Batgirl??
    Michael Holt?
    Beth Chapel as Dr Midnight?
    Hal Jordan or Crispus Allen as Spectre?
    Khalid Nassour as Dr Fate Jr?
    Shuri as Black Panther?

Excluding Hal-all these folks were in those suit in less than 2-5 years of first appearing.

While Miles, Kamala, Sam Alexander, Duke, Kate Bishop, Jason Rsuch, Jaime Reyes and others got called EVERYTHING in the book.

Rhodey did not earn the right to be Iron Man-Tony was too drunk to wear the suit and Rhodey felt the world needed Iron Man.

Earning has nothing to do with the hate.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Michael Holt?
    Shuri as Black Panther?

Excluding Hal-all these folks were in those suit in less than 2-5 years of first appearing.

While Miles, Kamala, Sam Alexander, Duke, Kate Bishop, Jason Rsuch, Jaime Reyes and others got called EVERYTHING in the book.

Rhodey did not earn the right to be Iron Man-Tony was too drunk to wear the suit and Rhodey felt the world needed Iron Man.

You do remember that Jason was hated so much as Dick's replacement that fans decided to kill him off, right? There was plenty of backlash.
    DC learned their lesson and before Tim became Robin he had to beg Dick to return to the role. They worked really hard to make Tim humble and adore his predecessors. He was also trained by Dick and got Dick's approval. Dick was regarded as his mentor and big brother.

Also, it wasn't like there were lots of characters better suited to be Robin then, but there are currently tons of batfam characters better suited to be Batman now. I think that's the reason Jackson's transition to Aquaman isn't that controversial. There aren't tons of better, more suited candidates.
    Last edited by Lal; 02-11-2022 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    You do remember that Jason was hated so much as Dick's replacement that fans decided to kill him off, right? There was plenty of backlash.
    DC learned their lesson and before Tim became Robin he had to beg Dick to return to the role. They worked really hard to make Tim humble and adore his predecessors. He was also trained by Dick and got Dick's approval. Dick was regarded as his mentor and big brother.

Also, it wasn't like there were lots of characters better suited to be Robin then, but there are currently tons of batfam characters better suited to be Batman now. I think that's the reason Jackson's transition to Aquaman isn't that controversial. There aren't tons of better, more suited candidates.
    I'm interested in how Jay Garrick fans reacted to Barry Allen. People nowadays hate Barry, though, haha!

Michael Holt?
    Shuri as Black Panther?

There are different "earned", could be time on page, could be predecessors approval, could be skill of character.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

I think they could all earn it. Maybe except Jon, his fans are like rabid dogs, they're only interested in reading about preteens! See what happens when he gives up the Superboy mantle back to its rightful owner? Clark Kent is Superboy! Not Conner, not Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I think they could all earn it. Maybe except Jon, his fans are like rabid dogs, they're only interested in reading about preteens! See what happens when he gives up the Superboy mantle back to its rightful owner? Clark Kent is Superboy! Not Conner, not Jon.

Earning it is more of a case by case kinda thing.

Jon is the golden child, you don't speak ill of the golden child.

Clark is superman and Kon is better off not being superboy, so we will leave it in your sweet and innocent hands
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post

Jason wasn't hated because he was the replacement. He was a Dick Grayson clone initially then after the Crisis they turned him into street urchin to differentiate him from Dick. Then Jim Starlin, who famously hated side kicks, kept making him more and more unlikeable to the point where fans voted to kill him off. It's a vastly different cast than the hate FalCap got.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    They haven't even used that nonsense in any books.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think that asides of Williamson' nobody has even mentioned it. So you know, does it really exist regardless of what the official line is?
    Good question...

But if everyone knows Clark is Superman from a previous timeline...
    Or some villains know where the Batcave is...

If Dinah remembers being a founding member of the League, but so does Diana... And Triumph...

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    They haven't even used that nonsense in any books.
    Well, that's what what I've been told that the current continuity is.
    Good to know if it's not.

I've been reading only out-of-continuity stuff or classics just to avoid having to wrap my head around that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    While I miss being able to look through / buy comic books off magazine racks in stores other than comic book shops, I'm not sure how much choice the comic book companies really had in the matter.
    Most chain stores like Walmart and CVS that I've been to had severely been reducing the space they gave to magazine sales; the magazines (especially comic books) were more of a hassle to maintain and weren't profitable enough for them to justify keeping them.
    Also, for newsstand/non-comic book shop sales, if issues of the comic books didn't sell, it wasn't like complete issues were returned by the stores to the publishers to be resold elsewhere. When I worked at a Waldenbooks (remember them?) years ago, comic book "returns" were done by ripping the front cover off of each issue to get credit for an unsold copy. The rest of the issue was just thrown away. And if a store never even bothered to put the issues out for sale in the first place, it didn't cost the store anything to return the issues.
    It's about getting them into places that are more accessible. Trades into bookstores helped. Not everyone has a local comic store. That's why they need them in more places.

Astonishing Member

Michael Holt?
    Shuri as Black Panther?

Sam has been a fixture in Steve's world since issue 116/117. Heck he had a co-starring role in the title. People aren't hating on Sam because he is Captain America. They are just resistant to him being Cap again because 1. He already had a run as Cap a few years ago and 2. Steve is active whereas last time he was aged and couldn't do it. Sam had definitely earned the right to fill in as Cap and not many had an issue with it when he did because of it.

For most it IS a earning issue. People ragged on Simon Baz when he was introduced because you had four active earth Green Lantern's operating already and DC has trouble finding a place of each of them.

I'll give you Sam Alexander because many hated that character for petty reasons (which you probably know about and I wish not to repeat due to the nature of it).