Page 165 of 230 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 3441
    Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I continue to fail to get how anyone could be entertained by this book...it just seems so lack luster. They kept showing the multi-verse map with darkness infecting it over and over like it was supposed to build tension...but you can't build tension if you haven't educated the audience on just what the threat is. We're five issues in and we don't know what the great darkness is, what the plan is or why we should care if it fails or succeeds. That's a HUGE failure in storytelling.
    It's the GREAT DARKNESS!!! If you ever had the power go out you know how dangerous it can be...

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I continue to fail to get how anyone could be entertained by this book...it just seems so lack luster. They kept showing the multi-verse map with darkness infecting it over and over like it was supposed to build tension...but you can't build tension if you haven't educated the audience on just what the threat is. We're five issues in and we don't know what the great darkness is, what the plan is or why we should care if it fails or succeeds. That's a HUGE failure in storytelling.
    We do now. The Deadly Green Special revealed what's controlling it.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    We do now. The Deadly Green Special revealed what's controlling it.
    Seriously? I skipped it so I wasn't aware. Is it something that should have been revealed in the main book?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why does Williamson keep putting poor Rose through the ringer?
    If Rose comes out of this and permanently cuts bait with Slade instead of getting suckered into his schemes, it'll be worth it.

Spectacular Member

So no further revelations/developments regarding the new multiversal status quo and Multiverse-1/Multiverse-2?

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    Seriously? I skipped it so I wasn't aware. Is it something that should have been revealed in the main book?
    Well it is revealed in the main book too, it's the first thing Jon says when he shows up in the new issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jaygon View Post
    So no further revelations/developments regarding the new multiversal status quo and Multiverse-1/Multiverse-2?
    Have to wait for FB6 and DCOIE 6 and 7.

Kind of feels like Dark Crisis is supposed to be a "Titans" story the same way Death Metal was allegedly a "Wonder Woman" story.

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    What Guardian said is essentially what I meant. Obviously things are happening, but there's nothing of significance. At least with the other crises there was some gimmick or theme to make them unique, but this doesn't have anything that isn't already a rehash of things we've seen before but without the weight or emotion.
    That’s a fair argument
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I thought the current issue developed the story more and pretty much showed what Pariah was up to.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Have to wait for FB6 and DCOIE 6 and 7.
    …So we're not being given any follow-up to DC#4 ending with Pariah regenerating Multiverse 2?
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    …So we're not being given any follow-up to DC#4 ending with Pariah regenerating Multiverse 2?
    Or an explanation as to how the destroyed ‘husk’ of Multiverse-2 was even a thing! The majority of Multiverse-2 (with the exception of 5 earths) was completely erased by anti-matter. There was no ‘husk’.

Astonishing Member

Have to wait for Waid and more too.

Or an explanation as to how the destroyed ‘husk’ of Multiverse-2 was even a thing! The majority of Multiverse-2 (with the exception of 5 earths) was completely erased by anti-matter. There was no ‘husk’.
    That one you can actually blame on Grant Morrison’s Multiversity.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    That one you can actually blame on Grant Morrison’s Multiversity.
    Did the husk appear in Multiversity? Admittedly, I’ve never read it.