Page 168 of 230 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 3441
    Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Robotman;6215872]I completely agree. There is zero emotional impact.

The map of the multiverse is getting blotchy. Ok. Maybe show the terrified inhabitants of those earth being consumed by nothingness like the antimatter wave in CoIE.

I’m kind of stunned at how bad the story structure has been in this book.

How does having the Justice League on their own dream world create energy which forms a new multiverse?!? Ohhh. Because Pariah has a machine that does stuff.

Things happen, then a character will poorly explain the consequences. Then a fight breaks out and another character will tell you why the fight should have a great importance.

DC has already established that there are clusters of multiverses out there plus a who damn Dark Multiverse. So we already have infinite earths. And if he’s creating an infinite amount of earths wouldn't the ones being destroyed still exist some where out there? Pariah’s plan makes no sense.[/QUOtools]

I can buy the JL's dream world's creating enough energy to form a new multiverse, similar things have happened on a smaller and larger scale in comics, cartoons, anime, manga and books. Lotus Eater Machines acting as energy harvesting tools is a thing.

Everything after that falls apart.

Who was the character that was too scared to go fight? Was that Jaime?

Sooooooooooooooooo, was Superman just chilling there despite knowing what was up? Or did he need the others to show up in order to do his change into Donna Troy's old costume?

Astonishing Member

The clusters of Multiverses were rendered false.

The Dark Multiverse is it's own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Doomsday Clock really seemed like a stupid Watchmen cash grab at the time, and it's slow release didn't help - by the end it had already been contradicted, and they had to change the ending to erase an artifact Saturn Girl due to Bendis's Legion. It's reintroduction of the JSA was also rendered moot when Flash Forward, Wally's book, did the same thing (that's also what brought Bendis's Legion into existence).

But now with Flashpoint Beyond and New Golden Age, it looks like Doomsday Clock will be important after all.
    I find it weirdly fitting for Doomsday Clock to have had so many delays, the same thing happened with Watchmen back then lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just ready for the end of "Darkness this, Darkness that."
    If you played Kingdom Hearts, I think you'd become allergic to the word "Darkness" at this point .

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    One more day
    Spider-Man is the worst franchise for making be a bit annoyed at seeing such a simple sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    By the way, here's the cover to the next event that this story is leading into. It also features the Great Darkness as the villian.

Attachment 125160
    The cover's spoiling too much.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 10-04-2022 at 09:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I find it weirdly fitting for Doomsday Clock to have had so many delays, the same thing happened with Watchmen back then lol.

If you played Kingdom Hearts, I think you'd become allergic to the word "Darkness" at this point .

Spider-Man is the worst franchise for making be a bit annoyed at seeing such a simple sentence.

The cover's spoiling too much.
    Literally 2 video games and an entire comic series called, "The Darkness". It had crossovers with both Marvel and DC. Games aren't bad either.

I find it fascinating that new issue came out and we had like one page talking about what happened there and then multiple pages with people arguing and speculating on what exactly Multiverse-2 was/is.

Extraordinary Member

Why did blue beetle Jamie give up and take of the scarab?

Is it becuase his book starts next month???

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I find it fascinating that new issue came out and we had like one page talking about what happened there and then multiple pages with people arguing and speculating on what exactly Multiverse-2 was/is.
    Does DC want us to have an emotional response, there is nothing in the way they promoted this book or handled the marketing that leads me to think they do. There was no death this issue and Williamson himself even said the league was coming back. The titans together moment was somewhat cool, but more confusing than anything given the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Who was the character that was too scared to go fight? Was that Jaime?
    That was random to say the least. A "story about legacy" where a prominent legacy character is too scared to join the fight.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-05-2022 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    That was random to say the least. A "story about legacy" where a prominent legacy character is too scared to join the fight.
    If that was Jaime why the hell is the scarab, which is basically welded to his spine, just sitting on a table?

BANNED

I completely agree. There is zero emotional impact.

The map of the multiverse is getting blotchy. Ok. Maybe show the terrified inhabitants of those earth being consumed by nothingness like the antimatter wave in CoIE.

I’m kind of stunned at how bad the story structure has been in this book.

How does having the Justice League on their own dream world create energy which forms a new multiverse?!? Ohhh. Because Pariah has a machine that does stuff.

Things happen, then a character will poorly explain the consequences. Then a fight breaks out and another character will tell you why the fight should have a great importance.

DC has already established that there are clusters of multiverses out there plus a who damn Dark Multiverse. So we already have infinite earths. And if he’s creating an infinite amount of earths wouldn't the ones being destroyed still exist some where out there? Pariah’s plan makes no sense.
    Yeah, it's astounding how bad this is. I feel nothing about anything going on and these constant retcons and revisions to the multiverse/omniverse are so stupid and tiresome.

There's precedent for this. Infinite Crisis featured Alex Luthor capturing heroes with pre-reboot associations with pre-Crisis Earths so that he could use his cosmic tuning fork to summon the Infinite Earths. This was just a variation on that concept.

DC has already established that there are clusters of multiverses out there plus a who damn Dark Multiverse. So we already have infinite earths. And if he’s creating an infinite amount of earths wouldn't the ones being destroyed still exist some where out there? Pariah’s plan makes no sense.
    I think this is why they retconned the Infinite Frontier notion to be more… finite.

The Dark Multiverse is a separate matter: in theory, these were “merely” new worlds that were coming out of the World Forge but couldn't find homes in the Orrery, and were destined to fade away; bringing back the Infinite Earths renders that moot, because there's room enough in an infinite Multiverse for all of them. In practice though, they were presented as “worlds gone wrong, that should be destroyed because their very existence is a blight”.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    By the way, here's the cover to the next event that this story is leading into. It also features the Great Darkness as the villian.

Attachment 125160
    Oh, look! It's the Map of the Dark Multiverse!
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

So I'm behind 2 issues, I can assume things aren't going well are they?

Granted I'm behind because I haven't really a felt a reason to read these much cause its not really that exciting.

Honestly I think I was more entertained reading Dark Knights/Death Metal. Those were heavily flawed stories but at least it was constant off the wall bullshit made for some decent spectacle.