Page 206 of 230 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3441

Oddly, my preferred solution would be to embrace the state of flux: ditch the Multiverse and just go with Hypertime, with new worlds coming into existence all the time rendering any effort to catalog everything patently impossible.

Unfortunately, that ship sailed with Infinite Crisis. That said, I prefer an infinitely large catalog to a limited one, as the experience of a cap triggers a perverse incentive to hit that cap.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Man imagine being in the dceased universe in this story only for the anti monitor to show up.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

It's my understanding that these are only the universes that Barry has found. It's not a final list of everything that exists out there. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Also, when did the Anti-Monitor come back to life?

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    It's my understanding that these are only the universes that Barry has found. It's not a final list of everything that exists out there. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Also, when did the Anti-Monitor come back to life?
    I assumed that because there are infinite universes and obviously they all can't be listed.

As for the anti-monitor, I have no idea. There are so many possibilities. I'd assume he would have kept low as he developed his plans so his initial rebirth may not be clear.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Where was Anti-Mon during Death Metal? I only remember when he joined his brothers to form Ultra-Mon and then separate again to join Perpetua, but I don't know what happened after that

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I assumed that because there are infinite universes and obviously they all can't be listed.

As for the anti-monitor, I have no idea. There are so many possibilities. I'd assume he would have kept low as he developed his plans so his initial rebirth may not be clear.
    I did a quick scan of his Wikipedia page and here's what I found:

Apparently when the multiverse was recreated after Infinite Crisis, he was reborn along with it. I have no idea how as that doesn't really make much sense, but that's what happened.

Then Superboy Prime killed him in The Sinestro Corps War.

He was in Blackest Night, but since he was essentially a Zombie I'm not counting that.

He was then resurrected again in Brightest Day.

Then The New 52 happened so none of that really mattered because a new version of the Anti-Monitor was introduced along with the new continuity.

Then Death Metal happened and it's revealed that Perpetua is his mother (WTF?) and then something happens and he gets reverted back to his original appearance.

But then since Death Metal made everything that happened in history canon, all the stuff I wrote before The New 52 apparently did count somehow.

So as you can see, it's a very simple answer. Just like most of DC's continuity

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    I did a quick scan of his Wikipedia page and here's what I found:

Apparently when the multiverse was recreated after Infinite Crisis, he was reborn along with it. I have no idea how as that doesn't really make much sense, but that's what happened.

Then Superboy Prime killed him in The Sinestro Corps War.

He was in Blackest Night, but since he was essentially a Zombie I'm not counting that.

He was then resurrected again in Brightest Day.

Then The New 52 happened so none of that really mattered because a new version of the Anti-Monitor was introduced along with the new continuity.

Then Death Metal happened and it's revealed that Perpetua is his mother (WTF?) and then something happens and he gets reverted back to his original appearance.

But then since Death Metal made everything that happened in history canon, all the stuff I wrote before The New 52 apparently did count somehow.

So as you can see, it's a very simple answer. Just like most of DC's continuity
    "Elementary, my dear Watson."
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Astonishing Member

I noticed JLA was used instead of Justice League on the Multiverse listing pages. Hmmmmmm.

JLA remains a commonly used abbreviation for the League, despite "of America" being dropped from their name (with Wonder Woman, who despite her classic costume design is NOT American, on the team, the name never made sense).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    (with Wonder Woman, who despite her classic costume design is NOT American, on the team, the name never made sense).
    Also, Aquaman who, being born in America or not, is the monarch of a foreign nation. And Jonn who is, well, Martian.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Though to be fair, Arthur Curry was raised as an American the same way Clark Kent was; and John Jones is also an American even if J'onn Jonzz isn't.
    Rogue wears rouge.

American ideals always attracted foreigners so I don't really see a problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    JLA remains a commonly used abbreviation for the League, despite "of America" being dropped from their name (with Wonder Woman, who despite her classic costume design is NOT American, on the team, the name never made sense).
    Pretty Sure Metropolis, Gotham, Central City, Coast City etc, are not real American Cities too...

That's an entirely different issue: they're fictional cities that are part of a fictional America. The issue with Wonder Woman is that even in the context of the fictional world in question, she's not an American; she's a foreign ambassador.
    Rogue wears rouge.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Have you guys read DARK CRISIS (BIG BANG) by Mark Waid? HOLY F**KING S**T (and I mean that in the best possible way)!

If you're a fan of Barry Allen, the Multiverse, CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS (the original), or DC Comics heritage and legacy in general, if this happens to be the last DC story you ever read, you will die a happy reader.

Thank you, Mark Waid. This was the DC story I have been waiting 37 years to read.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014