Page 222 of 230 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 3441
    Astonishing Member

The Tom-Brevoort strategy of making the readers angry for attention or outrage=engagement has made people increasingly apathetic and tuning out instead.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    1. Did you not learn from the 18 other times they threw the word "Crisis" on a book?
    2. Recaps, especially for event comics, are widely available online on a number of comic news sites the day of, if not spoiled sooner, at no cost to you if you don't like the book.

Again, if you know you won't like the book, and you buy it anyway, you have no one else to blame when they keep making a book you won't like.
    To be fair, out of the last set of Crisis books I read Infinite, Identity and Final were good and Zero Hour and Heroes in Crisis were stinkers so a 60% win ratio is pretty good.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    To be fair, out of the last set of Crisis books I read Infinite, Identity and Final were good and Zero Hour and Heroes in Crisis were stinkers so a 60% win ratio is pretty good.
    Yeah, but Final also led to the creation of Countdown to Final Crisis, which was so bad it negates all three you mentioned.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

I’m reading this now and have a question
    In issue #5 page 11 there is a guy siting on a bed looking at what looks like a little blue object
    Who is that?

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    In issue #5 page 11 there is a guy siting on a bed looking at what looks like a little blue object
    Who is that?
    That's Jaime Reyes, blue beetle 3, and the object is the scarab that gives him powers, Khaji Da. It's supposed to be fixed to his spine, though.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    Who is that?
    If you mean this

is that Jaime Reyes (Blue Beetle)?

I'm not reading this, so I can't say for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    If you mean this

is that Jaime Reyes (Blue Beetle)?

I'm not reading this, so I can't say for sure.
    I think it is. Though it makes no sense that the scarab is just sitting on a table as it’s supposed to be bonded to Jaime’s spin.

Since Williamson had Jaime tuck tail and hide when things got bad I guess this is the way too literal image of him being spineless.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Why are people hating on Zero Hour?

That's an underappreciated classic!

Hmm? Who's hating on Zero Hour?
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Sorry, not a Zero Hour fan.
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-29-2022 at 04:23 AM.

So I did not hate Dark Crisis but I did not finish it and go wow that was great. Nope.

I see what DC was trying to do but they are always trying to do this. The big set up at the end? What? For the next Crisis???? Come on.

Again I did not hate this. I liked some parts. Most though was the same old thing.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I'm just glad it's over. The dialogue reads like a radio drama, having to spell out every simple thing. Pariah was a waste of time, the central conflict of Nightwing vs Deathstroke has no momentum going into it, the battle collages don't give the sense that action of consequence is actually happening. It's all "moments" and no set-up. Just doesn't work. The teases for whatever's next don't inspire me with hope either.

I'm going to stick to Flash and JSA/Stargirl and hope DC gets its shit together soon. No more continuity-changing events that don't actually change anything for me.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Triniking called it a stinker further up on the page. I get that it's not the greatest story ever, but I still think compared to other multi-verse stories like Death Metal and Convergence it's pretty good.

Now that I finally read the conclusion, I'd have to say for me it was "ok". Not the best crossover event, not the worst.

The mid-series add-on of "..Infinite Earths" was kind of a fail, mainly because we saw so little of those Earths.
    The original COIE had such gravitas because we saw all those Earths, met the characters, and saw them interact with all the other multiverses.
    Here, those other Earths were spoken of far more than they were seen or felt, ESPECIALLY in the main series.

Having the return of the full multiverse is great (versus the 52), but how much greater would it have been if we had actually seen some of these long-missing Earths?
    The OG Super Sons earth? The OG Earth Two? Earth S? Having a few new ones documented on Flash's list was a cute touch, but way more of a sidenote than an emotional beat.

I did like the next generation taking center stage, the Titans getting some long overdue prominence (versus being undermined because Batman & the JLA was in a pissy mood......)
    The JSA being recognized as back in the mix was cool, but again too much telling instead of showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I mean I could see people not being fans of it if they liked Hal Jordan and the JSA. Also, maybe Ray Palmer.

Was the Atom becoming a Teen Titan a controversial thing?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.