Page 230 of 230 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230
Results 3,436 to 3,441 of 3441

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Is it really poor writing (from Williamson) if there's changes to the plot forced on him by editorial? I think it's clear that changes to the direction of Dawn of DC made them change the whole crossover midstream.
    Yes and no. If editorial came in and forced changes into the story, that's not on Williamson. But that's also pretty normal in this industry and writers are expected to roll with such changes and make them work. Williamson didn't pull that off.

It's probably not his fault. We've probably all had jobs where everything is going smoothly until management comes in with a mouth full of stupid ideas and things go off the rails, and nothing we do can fix it. This was pretty much DC during the New52, when it was common practice to change plans at the last minute, sometimes even after the art had been finalized.

So I have a hard time putting a lot of blame on Williamson for all that, but end of the day he took a gig doing a big Event, which are always real heavy on editorial mandates, and he didn't manage to juggle whatever changes DC threw at him. And he's been with the company long enough to know how they do things, so we can't say he got caught off guard by DC's heavy handedness.

What I *do* blame Williamson for is the basic story, questionable pacing, and sometimes-awkward dialogue. Whatever changes editorial made, the basic premise of the story was still weak and repetitive, just a blender full of previous Crisis, "everyone is dead!" stories we've already read. I appreciate that Williamson put Nightwing front and center, and the story wasn't all bad, but in the end Dark Crisis didn't live up to the legacy it was trying to emulate.

But he did right by Nightwing, and that earns a *lot* of forgiveness in my book. Plus, Williamson is usually a quality talent so I'm not hating on the guy here. This story didn't work out, but whatever, I'm still looking forward to his Arrow.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

What exactly was the point in changing the name?

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    Marketing, probably.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I imagine it was always the plan as they likely thought adding "on Infinite Earths" would bump sales on the later issues and demand for reprints on the early ones.

A lot of fans have strong feelings on the original CoIE, and adding that suffix is pretty much a promise that they're coming back.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I imagine it was always the plan as they likely thought adding "on Infinite Earths" would bump sales on the later issues and demand for reprints on the early ones.

A lot of fans have strong feelings on the original CoIE, and adding that suffix is pretty much a promise that they're coming back.
    They should have added it to the titles of some of the DCEU movies. Maybe then they could have been more financially successful.

"Man of Steel...on Infinite Earths"

"Justice League...on Infinite Earths"

They should have added it to the titles of some of the DCEU movies. Maybe then they could have been more financially successful.

"Man of Steel...on Infinite Earths"

"Justice League...on Infinite Earths"
    Man, this irks me lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then