Page 3 of 230 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Ah, DC. Another day, another multiversal Crisis.

How can anyone care about the stakes to these things anymore? A bunch of nothing alternate Earths die (or come back). Earth 3 gets rebooted. Superman gets rebooted. See you next time for Giga-Darkseid or whatever!
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    A few points

1. They better not kill off John Stewart
    2. I only care about a handful of characters in this. DC you know who I care about don't do them dirty three.

3. I guess I need to pay attention to Aqualad. I loved him in the first two seasons of Young Justice. From the little I've read in the comics I haven't been as impressed. Maybe I need to give him a chance.
    Yeah, I only care about a handful of characters as well. So I share your sentiments.

With that said, I think John will be killed off, along with the other Justice Leaguers unfortunately. But I do think that DC is acknowledging John as an important and major character. So you see him with other top tier important and major characters in the Justice League. If they didn't acknowledge John this way, they probably would have swapped him out for Hal most likely.

Dick being more involved in the JL is what I've pushed for a while. So while I'm kind of tepid on events overall I'm curious how he will be used at least. Although him not being Batman I do have to set my expectations lower just because being Batman would ensure a much higher ceiling obviously, but with characters like Wally, Hal, and Dick it isn't like they lack JL experience. So I don't think it should be a tough transition, but if characters like Jace as Batman start trying to lead the JL with their limited hero experience I have to question that. Maybe the rest of the Titans will step up like their fans have wanted too, but I do think this will mostly focus on the 5G characters still. It is interesting to note that Raven is the only NTT era Titan not on the cover. Wonder if that means anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Yeah, I only care about a handful of characters as well. So I share your sentiments.

With that said, I think John will be killed off, along with the other Justice Leaguers unfortunately. But I do think that DC is acknowledging John as an important and major character. So you see him with other top tier important and major characters in the Justice League. If they didn't acknowledge John this way, they probably would have swapped him out for Hal most likely.
    John is going to be “dead” aka trapped on an alternate Earth like Barry. Ditto for the rest of the League but everyone else will think they’re actually dead and gone.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Canon and continuity were already straighten out.

We will have to see if the dead league are moving to the Pariah worlds.

Wonder if they want to divide Earth 0 into 5 or more Earths again....keep in mind Earth 0 is no longer the main earth. The Elseworld probably has more classic line up of JL anyways. So they can move on from the old versions on Earth 0.

Bruce obviously survives.

"Dark Crisis" they are really running out of Crisis derivative names at this point.

It looks like this storyline is definitely taking all the big names out so they can promote other heroes, which is kind of nice but begs the question A. how this will track with solo books, and B. how long the main League will be gone.

Hal being stuck on the sidelines has ended up paying off now that he's one of the only "classics" still left.

Dark Crisis: The Curse of 5G

So basically if you aren’t a fan of the Future State characters, you’re really not going to like the direction of DC for a long while.

Which honestly wouldn't have made much sense given that Hal wasn't part of any main JL Rebirth line-up. Would've probably made more sense to have Cyborg there rather than Hal, since he was at least there for the entire first incarnation of the Rebirth line-up and then shortly for the second.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    John is going to be “dead” aka trapped on an alternate Earth like Barry. Ditto for the rest of the League but everyone else will think they’re actually dead and gone.
    Right, I didn't mean killed off literally (because otherwise, I would be upset), but meant they're not going to be around.

Oh, Mister Miracle and Barda are there on the memorial. I guess they're back and we can ignore King's series again now.

I do find it kind of amusing that Snyder's League is getting their own memorial statues instead of it just being the founders. Basically memorializing the DCAU JL + Aquaman.

Also, with Kendra gone does that mean there are no present-day Hawks? I'm not sure exactly what happened to Carter and Shayera unless they're just older people in the present-day.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

So basically if you aren’t a fan of the Future State characters, you’re really not going to like the direction of DC for a long while.
    The main cover suggests it's more of a mix of old and new characters, which is way better than just forcing all the new characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hal being stuck on the sidelines has ended up paying off now that he's one of the only "classics" still left.
    Wonder if there's a specific reason for that though. If the Great Darkness had manipulated all the villains behind the Crisis events, then doesn't that technically make Hal one of those given Zero Hour?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

If sales won't be satisfying, it won't last for a long while anyway.
    Bruce, Clark, Diana and the rest will be back during or after the Crisis anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Wonder if there's a specific reason for that though. If the Great Darkness had manipulated all the villains behind the Crisis events, then doesn't that technically make Hal one of those given Zero Hour? That wasn't really a Crisis event I guess but the "fixing reality" aspect was there.
    They have Nekron in that grouping of DCU Big Bads, so I don't think Parallax is going to be used here.

Right, I didn't mean killed off literally (because otherwise, I would be upset), but meant they're not going to be around.
    Upside is that I don’t think Thorne has to stop using John in GL because this all takes place in the future, so we can still get John stories while this is happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    If sales won't be satisfying, it won't last for a long while anyway.
    Bruce, Clark, Diana and the rest will be back during or after the Crisis anyway, so it doesn't really matter.
    Apparently in 2023 there will be another event, and that will likely see the return of the OGs. I’d stake money that the legacies will still get to be the “main” JL however.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/