Page 36 of 230 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    This is a funeral. It makes sense if Steph is dressed up for that.

Plus Fitzmartin is a Steph fan.
    True but since almost everyone is in costume I'd expect her to be in costume too

====

Cassie doesn't strike me as dated
    Conner is.

Amazing Member

So, has DC finally hit the absolute limit on the escalation of stakes? I'm late to this party, but they've decided to use the Great Darkness as the Big Bad of Dark Crisis, correct? The Great Darkness, as in that one-shot Swamp Thing character who was presented as the barely-sentient sum total of all primordial chaos? The Great Darkness who was a completely unstoppable force of nature on every conceivable level, able to be calmed only by the literal hand of capital-G God?

I'm pretty sure that's the ceiling. How do you go upwards from "omnipotent platonic ideal of anti-life"? The way it's being written now, you can't go any stronger, you can't go any more dangerous, and you can't go any more evil.

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy3434 View Post
    So, has DC finally hit the absolute limit on the escalation of stakes? I'm late to this party, but they've decided to use the Great Darkness as the Big Bad of Dark Crisis, correct? The Great Darkness, as in that one-shot Swamp Thing character who was presented as the barely-sentient sum total of all primordial chaos? The Great Darkness who was a completely unstoppable force of nature on every conceivable level, able to be calmed only by the literal hand of capital-G God?

I'm pretty sure that's the ceiling. How do you go upwards from "omnipotent platonic ideal of anti-life"? The way it's being written now, you can't go any stronger, you can't go any more dangerous, and you can't go any more evil.
    Well Pariah of COIE fame utilizing the Great Darkness power, but yeah that very same Darkness from Swamp Thing.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy3434 View Post

It's DC, we know in time they will always find something that happens to be a bigger threat somehow. No primordial darkness should be a match for a comic creator's imagination.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-16-2022 at 04:09 PM.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...YMScTO0bbUpxfY

DC's Dark Crisis is right around the corner, and things will shift into overdrive after Justice League #75. The fallout from the death of the Justice League is going to be massive, and a new 3 issue crossover with The Flash will not only deal with the absence of the League but it will also deal with the search for Barry Allen in the Speed Force and whether or not he wants to be found in the first place, and we've got your exclusive first details on the event and your first look at two fantastic covers by Brandon Peterson, Michael Atiyeh, and Bengal right here!
    Last edited by Thephantasm; 03-16-2022 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thephantasm View Post

DC's Dark Crisis is right around the corner, and things will shift into overdrive after Justice League #75. The fallout from the death of the Justice League is going to be massive, and a new 3 issue crossover with The Flash will not only deal with the absence of the League but it will also deal with the search for Barry Allen in the Speed Force and whether or not he wants to be found in the first place, and we've got your exclusive first details on the event and your first look at two fantastic covers by Brandon Peterson, Michael Atiyeh, and Bengal right here!
    Yeah this tracks, my next guess is Nightwing and Superman(Jon) crossovers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Thephantasm View Post

Wasn’t this supposed to be the plot of the Justice Incarnate mini? Lol
    Hope this one is better.

I wonder if the Shattered God is behind all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah this tracks, my next guess is Nightwing and Superman(Jon) crossovers
    I hope that's not the case. In the previous solicits for Nightwing, they just started the "war of bludhaven".
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Wasn’t this supposed to be the plot of the Justice Incarnate mini? Lol
    Hope this one is better.
    In fairness they found Barry...it was just that Barry didn't want to leave and the team peaced out as soon as Pariah showed up.
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I hope that's not the case. In the previous solicits for Nightwing, they just started the "war of bludhaven".
    I'm just making guesses of what ongoing's, maybe even some miniseries given events of late, will likely tie-in. It doesn't have to be immediate, just that in some time of the release schedule we will see it.

I think that series like Nightwing and Superman son of kal-el will tie-in given how much focus those two characters are getting in Dark Crisis. I'm thinking other very likely possibles are Aquamen, Robin, and Deathstroke Inc. (if not cancelled after Williamson leaves).

Less likely but still possible are Detective Comics/Urban Legends (those can focus on bat-family members with Batman gone), Swamp Thing (Great Darkness is a Swamp Thing villain), and I am Batman (not sure if Ridley is willing to tie-in).
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Taylor said on Twitter that there wouldn't be a Fear State style "interruption" - but then, it might be pre planned enough that he doesn't consider it an interruption I suppose...

As sifighter says, though - we might get a "Dark Crisis - Nightwing And Superman" one-shot to cover their side of it. I'd say "Dark Crisis - Titans" is pretty much nailed on...

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I think the Bat-books are going to ignore Dark Crisis. Zdarsky & co. will not bother to tie with the event and will just tell their own stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I think the Bat-books are going to ignore Dark Crisis. Zdarsky & co. will not bother to tie with the event and will just tell their own stories.
    Yeah Batman doesn’t have to tie into anything, and a new run shouldn’t be forced to tie into an event right away.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I mean I could see Urban Legends having some storylines in it
    Words to live by.