Page 5 of 230 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Why are Doomsday and Ares are in the pic ? They are not even close to be in the league of Neron Eclipso Darkseid Nekron and the Gentry.

And Pariah is the bad guy now ? After Superboy Prime all those involve in the end of the first Crisis are now evil ? Good thing they kill Harbinger

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Oh and apparently the “Dark Army” is all the Big Bads on the left in the OP. So it’s all of the DC Big Bads vs the heroes. Gotta admit that sounds pretty cool personally.
    I guess DC doesn’t really have any female villains who would be considered a cosmic threat.

Pertepua was just kind of a plot devise.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by joebleau View Post
    Why are Doomsday and Ares are in the pic ? They are not even close to be in the league of Neron Eclipso Darkseid Nekron and the Gentry.

And Pariah is the bad guy now ? After Superboy Prime all those involve in the end of the first Crisis are now evil ? Good thing they kill Harbinger
    Everyone's questioning Doomsday, but no one seems to question Deathstroke's presence. He's the only one whose presence doesn't make sense.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Mixed feelings about this.

But if it finally straightens out all the damn confusion about what may-or-may-not-be "canon" when it's all done, maybe it will have some benefit.
    For like 12-18months max.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Everyone's questioning Doomsday, but no one seems to question Deathstroke's presence. He's the only one whose presence doesn't make sense.
    Gotta have someone for Batman to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by joebleau View Post
    I believe it's previous Big Bads of big storylines. Doomsday was the Big Bad of Death of Superman, and Ares was the Big Bad of War of the Gods.

Also anyone notice the initials of this event?

D

C

I get it.

Can't wait for Wonder Woman to be inconsequential and superfluous in yet another unwanted Crisis event that will resolve absolutely nothing.

You know, individually, the DC characters are great. Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Nightwing, the various Batgirls, etc. All great.

But Christ does the DC Universe suck.
    Last edited by Guy_McNichts; 02-09-2022 at 10:46 AM.

Oh and apparently the “Dark Army” is all the Big Bads on the left in the OP. So it’s all of the DC Big Bads vs the heroes. Gotta admit that sounds pretty cool personally.
    So Zee doesn't even get to fight. UDM just takes over.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Mixed feelings about this.

But if it finally straightens out all the damn confusion about what may-or-may-not-be "canon" when it's all done, maybe it will have some benefit.
    Sorry, MajorHoy.

This isn't going to fix anything. They never do.

This is a cash grab. They always are.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Second verse, same as the first!

It's looking like a good mix of generations. I'm happy with that.

I'm also glad to see Kimiyo Hoshi on one of the pages.

Considering Williamson has repeatedly said it is going to be about characters and relationships I'm interested enough in this to try out the road to... DC.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Right?

I guess his role in Shadow War is going to be important for this.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I believe it's previous Big Bads of big storylines. Doomsday was the Big Bad of Death of Superman, and Ares was the Big Bad of War of the Gods.

Also anyone notice the initials of this event?

D

C

I get it.
    No wonder they wanted this name to exist so badly. Are they now gonna rebrand as Dark Crisis Comics?
    Last edited by Avi; 02-09-2022 at 12:47 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Strike three. lol
    Well, that's better...

I've literally taken markers to comics before where they got the boots wrong...

Astonishing Member

Probably wears whites boots now. Matches Jessica.

John is going to be “dead” aka trapped on an alternate Earth like Barry. Ditto for the rest of the League but everyone else will think they’re actually dead and gone.
    Honestly from the way their death is being built up, dying violent deaths at the hand of the Great Darkness's dark army, I wouldn't be all that shocked if they do just kill them off, I mean they can just ex machina a reason for them to come back anyhow at the end, so why not?

I think they kinda have to kill them (or at least not show that they actually are trapped like Barry) because otherwise this will have even less of a punch.

Upside is that I don’t think Thorne has to stop using John in GL because this all takes place in the future, so we can still get John stories while this is happening.

Apparently in 2023 there will be another event, and that will likely see the return of the OGs. I’d stake money that the legacies will still get to be the “main” JL however.
    We can just call the Future State team Justice League Jr.