Page 6 of 230 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Can't say I'm terribly interested In this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thephantasm View Post
    If the right side is the new league, it's pretty dang awesome. Here's hoping.
    I'm not hearing good things about black Adam, so I hope he's not a part of the new league.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    John is going to be “dead” aka trapped on an alternate Earth like Barry. Ditto for the rest of the League but everyone else will think they’re actually dead and gone.

Interesting thing when you see the teaser video. Williamson never says that the Justice League is dead , but that they lose.
    I'm thinking that no one in the JL actually dies , but maybe are in "stasis " for some time. The survivor whoever it is, may announce to the Earth that they are dead, but really they're not.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I'll reserve judgement until I've read it, but the preview art is gorgeous!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Dark Crisis" they are really running out of Crisis derivative names at this point.

It looks like this storyline is definitely taking all the big names out so they can promote other heroes, which is kind of nice but begs the question A. how this will track with solo books, and B. how long the main League will be gone.

Hal being stuck on the sidelines has ended up paying off now that he's one of the only "classics" still left.

As a Hal fan , glad to see that he might play a prominent role as long as it's not with white boots :-)
    Also I don't believe that any of the Heroes actually die a real death .
    We as readers will know that they're not really dead, but on the DC Earth the people will think that they died .

Is that Ryan Choi I spy on the art? I've been hoping someone would do something with him.

I noted than Green Arrow and Black Canary are lacking from representatives replacements in the images.
    I was hoping to see Roy at least.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    There's no chance they sideline Bruce for that long, so, I guess everyone will be back by end of this event already.

I think that you're right about Bruce. Bruce Wayne/ Batman is DC's cash cow , DC can't afford to have him sidelined for too long.
    Only Dick as Batman has managed to keep Batman selling well over the years. Azrael too for a time some 30 years ago.
    Everyone will eventually be back, I don't believe that any one them will actually "die" for long.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Why not do just regular stories rather than reality altering events with fake deaths?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Deleted comment
    Last edited by GSman; 02-09-2022 at 03:46 PM.

Maybe this will be the Event where DC folds? I mean, the initials for Dark Crisis are DC lol

Whomever thought this was a good idea...woof
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Is that Ryan Choi I spy on the art? I've been hoping someone would do something with him.
    That's him. Wonder what Palmer's been up to. Last time I remember seeing him was in the Hawkman book, has him or any other Atom showed up since.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Dick being more involved in the JL is what I've pushed for a while. So while I'm kind of tepid on events overall I'm curious how he will be used at least. Although him not being Batman I do have to set my expectations lower just because being Batman would ensure a much higher ceiling obviously, but with characters like Wally, Hal, and Dick it isn't like they lack JL experience. So I don't think it should be a tough transition, but if characters like Jace as Batman start trying to lead the JL with their limited hero experience I have to question that. Maybe the rest of the Titans will step up like their fans have wanted too, but I do think this will mostly focus on the 5G characters still. It is interesting to note that Raven is the only NTT era Titan not on the cover. Wonder if that means anything.
    I actually like Dick being Nightwing for this event. Let that mantle stand by itself, he doesn't need to be Batman to be important.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Oh and apparently the “Dark Army” is all the Big Bads on the left in the OP. So it’s all of the DC Big Bads vs the heroes. Gotta admit that sounds pretty cool personally.
    Is this Justice League or an episode of Super Friends? This villain team-up is somehow more ridiculous than the Legion of Doom and its comically evil-looking swamp headquarters (no hate to the Legion of Doom). It honestly feels like this event is tailored for Saturday cartoon viewing. Who at DC looks at this and says, "our readers will love this"? This event is looking to be Convergence-levels of low effort.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Why not do just regular stories rather than reality altering events with fake deaths?
    Well if we were to take Williamson's word from the press release at face value, he claims that this story won't have reboots, retcons or altering the timeline again, but rather about seeing a Crisis event from the perspective of the former sidekicks, partners and overall younger generations and how they would save the day without their mentors. But I can't argue with your sentiment though. It's a cash grab, only thing to hope for is to be a quality cash grab.