Page 60 of 230 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast

Someone watched williamson's latest interview and took notes. One of the notes:

"Next week, covers for Dark Crisis #3 will be revealed, and that they may confuse people, as what Dark Crisis is really about starts to get revealed."

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    If you look at even one interview, you will see that's not what Joshua's intentions are with this book. The idea of the event is to show there is a place for both the old and new heroes.
    And that's your argument that this isn't just a PR piece? Sadly, while I like Williamson, I just don't trust DC anymore and the direction they seem to want to take their characters in. As I've said, I'll continue checking here to see if it's worth to get it in trades (I like the art, and that's a big plus for me, but I'm not sure I want to pay to see the characters I've mostly enjoyed for decades jobbed and disrespected just so that the new kids on the block, which I find utterly stupid and unreadable, can shine. To each it's own), but I sincerely don't have high hopes.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    And that's your argument that this isn't just a PR piece? Sadly, while I like Williamson, I just don't trust DC anymore and the direction they seem to want to take their characters in. As I've said, I'll continue checking here to see if it's worth to get it in trades (I like the art, and that's a big plus for me, but I'm not sure I want to pay to see the characters I've mostly enjoyed for decades jobbed and disrespected just so that the new kids on the block, which I find utterly stupid and unreadable, can shine. To each it's own), but I sincerely don't have high hopes.

Peace
    You sound just like Alex Luthor! Embrace the Dark Side. We have cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    You sound just like Alex Luthor! Embrace the Dark Side. We have cookies.
    Are they any good?

Peace

Mighty Member

JUSTICE LEAGUE: ROAD TO DARK CRISIS! Preview page

No gray hair? So I take it the Parallax possession hadn't started yet at the time. Or maybe I'm overthinking it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post

Dick and Tim going over Superhero deaths together?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Jaime, Jon, Damian and Jackson together on one team? That's not too bad. I hope Yara and either Jo or Jessica show up.
    I'd love that line up but only with a Damian who's graduated from Robin. Robin shouldn't be on the JL.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I'd love that line up but only with a Damian who's graduated from Robin. Robin shouldn't be on the JL.
    What if they call it the Super Friends...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    What if they call it the Super Friends...
    With Damian, Super Fiends may be more appropriate . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    The FS JL as the main JL just makes no sense in a world with so many more experienced heroes around. They could be a great team, but not the world's main JL, unless they get some serious players to lead the team.

I assume the more likely scenario for the 5G characters is to have their own group, similar to the Titans or YJ, and just do their own thing. I kind of like the idea of there being no JL at all after the crisis, and instead different teams will take care of different threats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Judging by how fans perceive FS characters already now, the chances are high that this book will not be liked much either.
    Even if people hate it that still allows you to do a big “OGs ARE BACK!” down the road which would still get some attention as opposed to JL being totally ignored the way it has under Hitch and Bendis. Besides the FS team being the main League would get attention too.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Well, it is a Dark Crisis . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Even if people hate it that still allows you to do a big “OGs ARE BACK!” down the road which would still get some attention as opposed to JL being totally ignored the way it has under Hitch and Bendis. Besides the FS team being the main League would get attention too.
    Which is totally happening, but with their solo books running uninterrupted...I'm wondering how it's even going to work.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Hey just to confirm, the current multiverse is Multiverse-1 right, since the Pre-Crisis Multiverse is Multiverse-2 that's currently being devoured? Because if the main Multiverse is Multiverse-0 then I don't know what's Multiverse-1

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post

Oh this confirms what I fear

Here's what the current timeline looks like

Death of Superman - Tim Drake is 14 years old Robin
    Superman The Wedding Album
    Birth of Jon Kent - 12 years ago
    Rebirth - 1 year ago - Jon jumped from 11 to 17

Jon's currently 17 going on 18 if not 18 already this year

Tim's current age is 26 and everyone else's even older

Easy fix: Jon's age up happened twice, when he was 3 because of Flashpoint he became 7-9 then at 10-11 in Rebirth to become 17. So Tim is at most 19.

Not holding my breath for canonization of course.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 05-05-2022 at 02:53 PM.