Page 7 of 230 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Who is the creature that's hanging upside down above Doomsday?

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man27 View Post
    Who is the creature that's hanging upside down above Doomsday?
    The Upside-Down Man from Justice League Dark.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    There's no chance they sideline Bruce for that long, so, I guess everyone will be back by end of this event already.
    Technically, non of the OGs that have an ongoing series are going to be side line since this takes place in the near future so all the series can continue for now as is.

If theories are correct and Bruce, Clark and the others are trapped in an pocket universe I'll bet after this event that we get a few minis with them in those universes, before the eventually have the Return of the JL event in 2023. They can milk this for a year.

DC can have their cake and eat it too, the JL can be 'dead' and the can also continue to publish stories with them, kind of a smart move.
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 02-09-2022 at 01:16 PM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well if we were to take Williamson's word from the press release at face value, he claims that this story won't have reboots, retcons or altering the timeline again, but rather about seeing a Crisis event from the perspective of the former sidekicks, partners and overall younger generations and how they would save the day without their mentors. But I can't argue with your sentiment though. It's a cash grab, only thing to hope for is to be a quality cash grab.
    It literally can't be a quality cash grab, everything about it is just yawn inducing. The only way it could be more of a terrible meme was if it was "all on fire!"
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

"Save the Justice League!"

"Are they saved? Okay, back to the business of pushing our crappy legacies at their expense."

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Why not do just regular stories rather than reality altering events with fake deaths?
    Because sales are in the tank as their regular stories with the platform they've opted into sucks hard. They need this, just as the Didio regime needed its crutch in the past to save their bacon short-term. Nothing has changed there.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-09-2022 at 01:23 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    "Save the Justice League!"

"Are they saved? Okay, back to the business of pushing our crappy legacies at their expense."

Because sales are in the tank as their regular stories with the platform they've opted into sucks hard. They need this, just as the Didio regime needed its crutch in the past to save their bacon short-term. Nothing has changed there.
    What do you mean by "platform they've opted into"?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Incredible Member

Honestly this crossover sounds like a breath of fresh air. An actual celebration of legacy, one of the DC`s best and most unique qualities. Since Diddio left it does not feel like DC has used lesser popular characters have been used as props for the main league. The OG 7 will always be there, nice to actually celebrate the entire DCU.

If Williamson delivers that it is. So far I have not read any of his DC work I would consider bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    An actual celebration of legacy.
    What better way to celebrate your flagship characters than to kill them off, eh?

Astonishing Member

I am looking forward to this event if helps the DC universe move ahead towards the future, and firmly makes "legacy" the main part of DC again.
    Last edited by D.Z; 02-09-2022 at 01:36 PM.

Credit to Bloodshotcore for making this meme as it sums up my feelings towards DC:

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    What do you mean by "platform they've opted into"?
    The push of the new legacies. Its not working. The hypothetical audience they were hoping to tap into for it isn't materializing.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Should be one every year like Wrestlemania.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    What better way to celebrate your flagship characters than to kill them off, eh?
    I sincerely doubt they are dead, I assume they are back by the final issue
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The hypothetical audience they were hoping to tap into for it isn't materializing.
    Why would they want to when the current vocal fanbase does nothing but yell and tell them they're ruining their comics?
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

I'm pretty certain that no one has ever been scared off from consuming something they wish to consume because faceless individuals yell at them on the internet. There aren't outside forces preventing anything. If people want it, its there.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-09-2022 at 01:56 PM.