Page 82 of 230 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 3441

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    You'd think editors would pay attention to this kind of thing since that's their job after all. Guess not. These are the same people who ignored that Hal was stationed on Earth since Infinite Frontier began, then in Road to Dark Crisis they said he's been in deep space the whole time and only came back to apprehend a dangerous alien, to then turn around and say in Dark Crisis #1 that he was on vacation the entire time. He didn't know the League was dead and missed their funeral cause he was "on vacation". That's DC editorial for you. If they can't keep up with basic continuity from one issue to another that came out less than a month ago, is anyone surprised they ignored the events of an issue from 13 years ago.
    While something like what Hal was actually doing past year could be figured out I don't feel like you can really explain the history of Young Justice and what each of their members have gone thru.

Sure, a founding JL member not even knowing his friends got killed AND missing their funeral when other Lanterns were seen there, because he went on vacation all since editorial couldn't bother to think of a better explanation for his absence, speaks so well of his character. I can probably understand the thing with Cassie since at least that was a long time ago. With Hal it makee no sense, both in terms of ignoring most recent continuity and giving him the worst possible excuse they could think of for his absence that makes him look so awful.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-20-2022 at 05:45 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Makes me wonder if the final team will be a mix of generations.
    That could be interesting actually. Maybe a Big Seven-esq lineup of the League with heroes from multiple generations?

Not really following Dark Crisis and the surrounding stories at the moment, but here's a lineup that reflects what I have in mind:

Superman/Jon Kent

Nightwing/Dick Grayson

Wonder Woman/Yara Flor

Flash/Wally West

Green Lantern/Alan Scott

Aquaman/Jackson Hyde

Hawkgirl/Kendra Saunders

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Pariah’s new design from Dark Crisis #4. Channeling the Anti-Monitor.

Not a bad look (in my opinion).

Not a bad look (in my opinion).
    Yeah I like it. Combining two of Perez’ designs.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    As long as I get Dick, Wally and Yara on the same team I'm good.

But would still prefer Karen or Kara over Jon.
    But . . . Karen is also a Kara.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    That could be interesting actually. Maybe a Big Seven-esq lineup of the League with heroes from multiple generations?
    Wonder if they've ever tried something like that before?

* Mon-El for Superman
    * Dick Grayson as Batman
    * Donna Troy for Wonder Woman
    * Hal Jordan = Green Lantern
    etc.

Meghan Fitzmartin needs to do more research for Young Justice. I counted FOUR continuity mistakes in issue 1.

spoilers:
    1) Cassie says Conner doesn't know about her affair with Tim when he was dead, but apparently it was discussed in an issue of Adventure Comics when it was Conner's solo book.
    2) Cissie apparently hasn't been in touch with Cassie, Bart, Tim or Conner for years, but she joined Bendis's team near the end, which means she's been in touch recently.
    3) Bart, Conner and Tim find themselves in the past (and in their old costumes), when YJ has just formed and Superman recently died. They go to fight Mighty Endowed, who was their first villain, after receiving a "Young Justice alert". But they weren't called that until after the Mighty Endowed fight, thus, should only know the name because they have their memories of the future - why weren't they suspicious?
    4) She's tougher than originally for some reason, and they have to be rescued by Cassie (who isn't time displaced). Only, Cassie has the pigtails and goggles (her second costume) instead of the wig and glasses she should've had at that time. Also she originally didn't join YJ until issue 4 and thus shouldn't have been in that fight at all - they should've used a later battle.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Cassie talks about Tim not being able to save his father figures. Who other than batman was Tim not able to save?
    His own father over in Identy Crisis, if that is still canon.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

I really wanted to see what Robinson had in store for this line-up. Too bad he soon had to change his plans. I still liked his JLA, but there was always that taste of "what could have been" in my mouth.

Peace

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I really wanted to see what Robinson had in store for this line-up. Too bad he soon had to change his plans. I still liked his JLA, but there was always that taste of "what could have been" in my mouth.

Peace
    It'll never happen, but someday I'd love to hear the behind the scenes story on how DC approved this pretty cool version of the League for Robinson/Bagley, and then basically half an hour later started pulling characters from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Meghan Fitzmartin needs to do more research for Young Justice. I counted FOUR continuity mistakes in issue 1.

spoilers:
    1) Cassie says Conner doesn't know about her affair with Tim when he was dead, but apparently it was discussed in an issue of Adventure Comics when it was Conner's solo book.
    2) Cissie apparently hasn't been in touch with Cassie, Bart, Tim or Conner for years, but she joined Bendis's team near the end, which means she's been in touch recently.
    3) Bart, Conner and Tim find themselves in the past (and in their old costumes), when YJ has just formed and Superman recently died. They go to fight Mighty Endowed, who was their first villain, after receiving a "Young Justice alert". But they weren't called that until after the Mighty Endowed fight, thus, should only know the name because they have their memories of the future - why weren't they suspicious?
    4) She's tougher than originally for some reason, and they have to be rescued by Cassie (who isn't time displaced). Only, Cassie has the pigtails and goggles (her second costume) instead of the wig and glasses she should've had at that time. Also she originally didn't join YJ until issue 4 and thus shouldn't have been in that fight at all - they should've used a later battle.
    end of spoilers
    Somehow I'm not surprised by all the inconsistencies.

Somehow I'm not surprised by all the inconsistencies.
    Isn't this what happens when there's no one set specific timeline spelled out for everybody to follow?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Isn't this what happens when there's no one set specific timeline spelled out for everybody to follow?
    Or writers/editors don't do their research.

I mean, they didn't even notice Cassie's missing tights in one panel.

There was also Kara coloured as Jon in one of the present day panels. Seems the colorists didn't know she now wears pants and bobbed hair.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    His own father over in Identy Crisis, if that is still canon.

Peace
    The death part is, no idea about the rest, they've been treating Tim as Bruce's son (him coming out to him) and now they're bringing Captain Boomerang as one of the foe they have to face