Page 88 of 230 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 3441

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa... patience and an open mind? Are you not aware you are on a message board?! Is this type of post even legal?
    Okay, okay. Wouldn't want to break any rules. I didn't care much for her costume. Sneekers and fishnets? WTF? (How's that? Better?)

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Wasn’t Black Canary Asian in the JSA dvd film? I never watched it, but I thought they racebent her.
    You could be thinking of White Canary who is indeed Asian.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    Sin is all but forgotten, Emiko wouldn't make sense, and Lian is a little too young. But, Red Canary doesn't look like she's supposed to be that old either, still, Lian couldn't be that old without aging Roy and everyone else immensely.

I would say there's an off-chance she's this Earth's version of Sara Lance but stripping her of the White Canary mantle doesn't make much sense to me either.

Final guess? Sin (who could be aged up) or Lian which is gonna be more of a headache to deal with. Or, of course, someone new, but there's viable enough candidates to make whoever she is someone already in canon.
    Why wouldn't Emiko make sense? Not that I would say she was 100% close to Dinah but the shorter hairstyle fits her and she seems age appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why wouldn't Emiko make sense? Not that I would say she was 100% close to Dinah but the shorter hairstyle fits her and she seems age appropriate.
    It just doesn't make sense for her to change mantles all of a sudden. Dinah and her brother die and she shifts her identity from Red Arrow so she can become a Canary legacy? Just seems like an odd choice creatively and in-universe.

Design-wise yeah that could probably be her but I just don't see how that makes that much sense.

Unless they're pairing her and Connor as a legacy Arrow-Canary duo but even then that's just me spitballing.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Wait, Lian is alive again? And she has no memory?

What the hell have I missed? I heard Roy came back from the dead as a Black Lantern or something, but have no idea where he returned or what book/s he's been in. Love Roy and the Harper family, but I didn't realize they were around right now, I thought "Black Lantern Roy" was a dropped plot thread? Help a brother out?

I like the Red Canary design, I like the name. I'm hoping it's Sin. I don't think anyone else makes as much sense for a Canary legacy. Lian, if she's alive and old enough to be this character (?) would make *some* sense, as the Harpers and Dinah were always close, but the only way I see Lian taking up a Canary mantle is to piss off a father who doesn't want her going into the Arrow family business, and I can totally see Roy not wanting his baby girl to risk her life heroing.

Emiko feels like an obvious fit here, but I don't know why she'd switch mantles. Not unless someone like Connor or Mia were coming back and taking the Red Arrow name...and while I can see that for Mia, and apparently Williamson has plans there, I don't see someone like Connor taking such a mantle.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

What the hell have I missed? I heard Roy came back from the dead as a Black Lantern or something, but have no idea where he returned or what book/s he's been in. Love Roy and the Harper family, but I didn't realize they were around right now, I thought "Black Lantern Roy" was a dropped plot thread? Help a brother out?
    Lian was brought back as a supporting character, going by the name "Shoes", in Ram V's Catwoman run as a member of the Alleytown Strays, a gang of street kids that come under the wing of Catwoman. The Asian superhero anthology special from last year reveals that she has amnesia and no memory of her parents except a reoccurring dream of Cheshire carrying her to safety and leaving her at the entrance to a church. She creates a homemade mask modeled after Cheshire and adopts the moniker Cheshire Cat.
    Last edited by Hypo; 06-29-2022 at 04:32 PM.

Well it’s about time Dinah got a sidekick.

There sure are a lot of teen female Asian characters. Kind of a pop culture trope, sadly.

https://twitter.com/spacekicker/stat...00276106768384

Good news for Jeremy Adams and his Flash Crisis tie-in
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    https://twitter.com/spacekicker/stat...00276106768384

Good news for Jeremy Adams and his Flash Crisis tie-in
    Glad this is on my pull list!

I like the Red Canary design, I like the name. I'm hoping it's Sin. I don't think anyone else makes as much sense for a Canary legacy. Lian, if she's alive and old enough to be this character (?) would make *some* sense, as the Harpers and Dinah were always close, but the only way I see Lian taking up a Canary mantle is to piss off a father who doesn't want her going into the Arrow family business, and I can totally see Roy not wanting his baby girl to risk her life heroing.

Emiko feels like an obvious fit here, but I don't know why she'd switch mantles. Not unless someone like Connor or Mia were coming back and taking the Red Arrow name...and while I can see that for Mia, and apparently Williamson has plans there, I don't see someone like Connor taking such a mantle.
    There are indeed plans for Mia, didn't Williamson mention that in an AMA recently? But she'd just resume her Speedy mantle which nobody else ever took, I assume (Connor though, will probably need a new name unless Oliver doesn't come back with the rest of the JL). But maybe the editors didn't want two archer sidekicks, and decided to retool Emiko? Could be explained as her wanting to take a less lethal path - she nearly killed Deathstroke once in Teen Titans.

Roy will totally be pissed off when he finds out about Shoes. And Lian's aged up too much, so he'll probably have similar feelings to how Clark feels about Jon, sad about missing out on so much of the kid's childhood.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Black Lantern Roy is one of the main cast of the Infinite Frontier mini series. Something something happened after fighting Darkseid and he's able to take the ring off and be alive again, but now that he knows Lian is alive, he refused the Justice League Incarnate invitation to stop Darkseid and return to earth to find Lian since she's his first priority

He showed up in Teen Titans Academy and got distracted becoming a sub teacher though

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    . . . Roy will totally be pissed off when he finds out about Shoes. And Lian's aged up too much, so he'll probably have similar feelings to how Clark feels about Jon, sad about missing out on so much of the kid's childhood.
    Being dead for a while will do that to you . . .

. . . then again, she had been dead for even longer, so not much to miss there.

Thanks for filling me in on what I missed with Lian folks. I plan on getting Infinite Frontier in trade at some point in the near-ish future but the other titles I had no interest in and clearly paid no attention to what was happening in them.

So she's aged up huh? Not a fan of that, little Lian was adorable.

Whatever they do with Roy and Lian, I hope it doesn't ruin the "single dad" thing. Roy's one of the best Everymen in comics, and his relationship with his daughter, really the entire family dynamic from Ollie to Jade, is a keystone of that. For me, anyway.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

JSA are in Dark Crisis #3
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

JSA are in Dark Crisis #3
    Nice image of the group. Guess that Khalid is joining the team.