Page 94 of 230 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 3441

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I think we both know that DC is not capable of something competent and sensible.

As history has shown, any attempt by DC will be half-arsed.
    Even without Dan DiDio being involved . . .

That's because DiDio was part of the problem not the problem itself, naturally when he's gone that problem still stays. He was a product of the same system these current people in charge are, the only difference between him and them is preferences, he prioritized characters he cared for and neglected those he didn't, while they prioritize characters he neglected and neglect those he prioritized. When it comes to continuity, retcons, nonsensical storytelling or half-assed decision making, there seems to be very little difference. While the over-reliance on Batman has somehow become worse.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-10-2022 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    There's nothing wrong with this, but one person's opinion is as important as any others imo,

As for toxicity, well that's hard to judge, people will often keep saying they like something, people will just as readily do the opposite

I'm comfortable not asking people to stop saying what they think and if I find I don't like what they have to say, I'll use that really handy block list function

I can appreciate wanting to be positive, but enthusiasm runs both directions I find
    Opinion is one thing. But I guess this just Pops into my head lol when people make those types of posts

https://youtu.be/TfE93xON8jk
    Last edited by Menacer; 07-10-2022 at 07:21 PM.

Copied from the Cyborg thread

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Saw this online, and thought it would be a neat reminder that Jon as a kid grew up liking Cyborg and playing video games and now that Victor saved Jon from Henshaw its kind of cool to think about.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Okay I’ll admit that I liked the World without the Justice League Superman one-shot and Aquaman stories. If it wasn’t for being tie-ins they’d be really sweet stories in their own right.

But…how does Aquaman’s dream world know about Jess Chambers aka Kid Quick, aka Future State Flash
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    But…how does Aquaman’s dream world know about Jess Chambers aka Kid Quick, aka Future State Flash
    It is not even why he knows about her, but why half of his dream would be about her?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I thought Teen Justice Flash used they/them?
    "Cable was right!"

Yeah, they're non-binary. And that's a good point, Arthur shouldn't even know Kid Quick exists, let alone that they're the Future State Flash.

I wonder if when Arthur gets rescued, Andy and Jess will come back to Earth-0 with him? That seems like a viable way to bring them in without using time travel. There surely has to be a reason they were used here.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I think HssH was thinking of Jesse Quick, who is a woman, while Jess is...like Jesse and Wallace West together?

Tom King and Chris Burnham Discuss World Without A Justice League - Superman

King kind of taking a shot at this whole “perfect world” concept, with its similarities to “For the Man who has Everything”.

King: That's one of my top five Superman stories of all time. It's one of the most perfect stories, and even the animated version is brilliant. My original assignment from [Dark Crisis writer] Josh Williamson was to basically do that story again, which is a terrible assignment to get as a writer. [Laughs]. So we had to find a way to make it different and more modern.

It seems like Williamson was reading Alan Moore’s Swamp Thing run and Superman stories and just lifted some ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Tom King and Chris Burnham Discuss World Without A Justice League - Superman

King kind of taking a shot at this whole “perfect world” concept, with its similarities to “For the Man who has Everything”.

King: That's one of my top five Superman stories of all time. It's one of the most perfect stories, and even the animated version is brilliant. My original assignment from [Dark Crisis writer] Josh Williamson was to basically do that story again, which is a terrible assignment to get as a writer. [Laughs]. So we had to find a way to make it different and more modern.

It seems like Williamson was reading Alan Moore’s Swamp Thing run and Superman stories and just lifted some ideas.
    I wonder if Williamson gave each writer their own "premise" for their Dark Crisis story.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Personally it's the reason I show up each Tuesday after work. Normally I'll just wait til Saturday on my day off to grab my pulls and browse for books but Dark Crisis has me showing up the day the books land on the shelf.

Dc has about 50 other ongoing or minis coming out right now, go collect those if you don't wanna read Dark Crisis. Your not gonna be excited about every mini, every on going, every event or every hero, your never gonna collect everything or even want to, the thread is about Dark Crisis and there are literally 100 other threads going right now on this forum.

Go comment in a thread your excited about.

When did people stop following the old saying "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"

Not that I'm gonna fix the internet but life is a lot better when you focus on things your excited about rather then dumping on other people's good times.

Dark Crisis is one of dc's top selling book

Your in the minority of DC fans. People are excited to see where the series goes and then judge it.

This is a fun series, either try to enjoy yourself or go read something else.

The constant repeating the same Negativity is toxic... state it once then just dip out. No one will miss the jabs.

Peace
    Saying that people with differing opinions than your own are toxic seems far more toxic than someone saying they are not liking an event, even if they say it a dozen times.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 07-13-2022 at 05:05 PM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think HssH was thinking of Jesse Quick, who is a woman, while Jess is...like Jesse and Wallace West together?
    Jesse is their aunt. Wallace is their closest counterpart though, since Jesse Quick is that world's Flash.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    It's more the broken record issue rather then expressing an opinion.

Writing out a well thought opinion is one thing.

Commenting once that you have no interest, sure is fine too. But repeatedly visiting a thread to say the same thing. This event sucks isn't to classy.

I've never watched twilight and I sure has heck don't go find twilight threads to tell the fan base the thing they love sucks. It's not helpful or a discussion.

If I found various twilight threads across a platform just to comment how lame it was it does begin to border on troll like behavior.

He doesn't like Dark Crisis. It's not even close to done yet but he hates it. Great you've expressed that view but there is no need to express it in multiple threads over and over again.

But yah I'm not stopping or blocking anyone. I'm not a moderator. I'm expressing an opinion and trying to do it with more then one sentence of negativity. I'm trying to have a discussion and they are free to Comment back to me just as you are.

But a forum that is allowed to get toxic isn't good for the fan base or the forum users.
    I see where you are going with your point. I dont agree with you but I see what you are saying.

For what it is this place here is far from toxic. I remember the old DC boards on dccomics.com. Now that place got toxic. That is why they shut it down. The Barry vs Wally stuff just got out of hand. There are other places to talk comics or what not and they are not even close to as fun as it can be around here sometimes. Yes things can get hairy from time to time around here but its not that bad.

Now if someone is going to bash a series on a forum here well...that is all around us. If you do not like what they are saying you just move past it. It is really that simple. Now if I am correct you like and enjoyed the New 52. You have stated that many times on many threads and forums. I disagree with everything you usually say. Sometimes I find it laughable. Do I get upset or think you are toxic though? No way. Not even close. You could post the same thing over and over and over and I would do the same thing...smile and move on. Dont ever let this place get to you my friend.

Now we are 2 issues in. I still do not know where we are going. Do I think this is a fun series? We are only 2 issues in and I dont think it has been fun at all. I am a fan of Williamson and want to see if he can pull out a great story here. That is saying a good amount though. I will hold off my true opinion till the end. He screws this up though I am done with big DC events for a long time.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

What will Batman's dream world look like? Will everyone be a Robin?