Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Default I love Dick, Hal & Wally as the anchors for the New League.

Obviously, the legacy characters transition to the Big Leagues will be the main focus of Dark Crisis, but I'm more interested in the choices Williamson's made for the "old timers".

Dick Grayson is the world's original sidekick. He may look like he's in his sexual prime, but he's been there from the veeerrry begining, even if not everyone remembers that. He's a spy. A superhero. At Titan. A Leader. Pairing Jon & Dick as the new World's Finest is so fitting because Robin was always a part of that original equation.

Hal Jordan is my favorite superhero, hands down. Superman is my favorite fictional character. I'm glad John Stewart gets to go out in a blaze of glory with the League. John Stewart is the very best League Lantern. He's the best team player. Hal, on the other hand, is a solo rock star that loves to play with other bands. I foresee Hal & Yara Flor being a significant duo. Hal & Diana was a missed opportunity that never really got fleshed out. Hal was amazing by Waid & Garcia-Lopez.

Honestly, I think Hal's gonna be the Supergirl of this Crisis. He's gonna die, just like Barry Allen did.

Wally West is my Flash. He's who I think of when I think about that cool red suit. Jay is my favorite though, but Wally, Linda & the Flash Kids are the Fantastic Four of the DCU. And I loooooove that Mister Terrific is his boss. Mister Terrific is awesome.

Wally West is the DCU's embodiment of Hope. He's been through hell and back. And he's still going, brighter and sunnier than ever before. Wally, like Phil Hartman, is like the Glue of the DCU, too. Wally is tight with Dick. Wally is tight with Uncle Hal. Everyone Loves Wally.

Astonishing Member

Hall won't die. The JL are the Supergirl.

Maybe they kill off Bart....

Did they confirm Hal is sticking around with the new Justice League? The preview art gave me the impression they'd eventually go 5G and have it be Jo as the team's Green Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Did they confirm Hal is sticking around with the new Justice League? The preview art gave me the impression they'd eventually go 5G and have it be Jo as the team's Green Lantern.

Maybe Hal takes over the GL solo again with John gone. When the books catch up, I guess.

Or maybe there's more than one GL on the League.

Doesn't look like Kid Quick is going to make it.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

This would be a stellar JL; we would finally get growth in the DCU.

I just wish it was Dick who was Batman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe Hal takes over the GL solo again with John gone. When the books catch up, I guess.

Or maybe there's more than one GL on the League

Doesn't look like Kid Quick is going to make it.
    Bolt from Teen Titans was a way more interesting idea for a speedster.

I did like Kid Quick's suit, but it was a copy of the Flash Beyond suit that Danica Williams wears
    Last edited by Alpha; 02-09-2022 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    This would be a stellar JL; we would finally get growth in the DCU.

I just wish it was Dick who was Batman
    Return to the New 52 Justice League where everyone was young and hip!

I think the League will have a variety of Lanterns, including Jessica and Jo, but Hal will be in the Big 3 representing the Old Guard

Return to the New 52 Justice League where everyone was young and hip!
    you mean pre New 52!

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    you mean pre New 52!
    The Robinson League? Oh yeah, that was a thing .

The Robinson League? Oh yeah, that was a thing .

It was awesome! And you know it!

Actual growth of characters!

Did Williamson say that they are the anchors or are we speculating on preview art?

Fantastic Member

I think people are taking basing it on this image that shows a different JLA.

https://www.cbr.com/dc-announces-dark-crisis-dcu-event/

Who knows how this all shakes out. OP is sure Hal is up for the chopping block, others don't think so... but given they likey don't see any adaptation potential in him and that's what matters most...

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Did Williamson say that they are the anchors or are we speculating on preview art?
    This is all Nerd Speculation. I think Dick, Hal & Wally will be prominent in Dark Crisis though

I'm not sure if they will do that here but given how they're basically treating Hal as a C-lister these days, there's always the possibility of using "events" like this to give him the axe, under the pretense that's it's some big heroic sendoff.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-10-2022 at 12:36 AM.