Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I hope we get substantial updates soon. The rumors of Circe and Nubia sound tantalizing. I hope it's set in present day, we get another new suit like the Golden Eagle Armor, there are great action sequences, and there's a strong theme. I would love for this to come in 2024 or 2025.

I know a lot of people don't, but I still believe in Patty. I think Patty thought she was going to do WW84 and then move on to Star Wars and other projects. That obviously was not the case. Patty now has more to prove than she did with even the first Wonder Woman, and I believe she'll bring her A game. I hope she hires good action/stunt coordinators and they give this script at leat 3-5 edits. I think the more edits the better honest.

I would love to see Angelina Jolie as Circe or Michelle Yeoh, which I think is more realistic.

A beastimorphs vs. Amazons epic battle in London sounds like it could be the type of blockbuster ending we deserve.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I hope we get substantial updates soon. The rumors of Circe and Nubia sound tantalizing. I hope it's set in present day, we get another new suit like the Golden Eagle Armor, there are great action sequences, and there's a strong theme. I would love for this to come in 2024 or 2025.

I know a lot of people don't, but I still believe in Patty. I think Patty thought she was going to do WW84 and then move on to Star Wars and other projects. That obviously was not the case. Patty now has more to prove than she did with even the first Wonder Woman, and I believe she'll bring her A game. I hope she hires good action/stunt coordinators and they give this script at leat 3-5 edits. I think the more edits the better honest.

I would love to see Angelina Jolie as Circe or Michelle Yeoh, which I think is more realistic.

A beastimorphs vs. Amazons epic battle in London sounds like it could be the type of blockbuster ending we deserve.
    So, in other words, not like WW84 then!!

If that wasn't her 'A' game, then what would you call that in WW84? And why didn't she bring her 'A' game to WW84?

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    And why didn't she bring her 'A' game to WW84?
    I don't think it's for lack of effort. Creative types sometimes just come up with bad ideas once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I don't think it's for lack of effort. Creative types sometimes just come up with bad ideas once in a while.
    A dude directs a million flops: the industry and audiences give him a million more chances.
    A woman directs a flop: the industry and audiences declare her untalented and unworthy and clamor for her to be banished from Hollywood.
    Such a disgusting double standard.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    So, in other words, not like WW84 then!!

If that wasn't her 'A' game, then what would you call that in WW84? And why didn't she bring her 'A' game to WW84?
    I obviously can't speak for Patty as I am not her representative, but I think what happened to Christopher Nolan after Dark Knight or the Game of Thrones men during Season 8 happened to Patty. She received a ton of critical acclaim, "In Patty We Trust" and was ready to move on to other projects. In her case, Star Wars. I think she was focused on those other projects and didn't give WW84 the same amount of care she gave WW. Same with BandW for Season 8 of GOT or Nolan with Dark Knight Rises. They were focused on the future, so they let the quality of their present projects slip.

I also think the original WW84 release date was quite aggressive. It was originally meant for December 2019 then moved to November 2019. WB/Patty obviously wanted to capitalize off the success of the first film, but I imagine that gave them some really tight deadlines.

Lastly, I think maybe Jenkins bought into her own hype. "In Patty We Trust." There were several unsubstantiated leaks that WW84 was not testing well with audiences. Because of the pandemic, WB/Jenkins had a lot of time to try to respond to those criticisms and do some reworkings. Jenkins obviously wanted to tout how this was "her project" as she did in several interviews. Sometimes, people really should accept feedback and criticism.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    A dude directs a million flops: the industry and audiences give him a million more chances.
    A woman directs a flop: the industry and audiences declare her untalented and unworthy and clamor for her to be banished from Hollywood.
    Such a disgusting double standard.
    Truth.

Snyder gave us 3 mediocre films. Patty gave us 1. She went to far in one direction and hopefully learners her lesson from the feedback. No one will know how this film turns out but one thing is for certain, no filmmaker is gold 100% of the time

How many times are we going to repeat this conversation?

I obviously can't speak for Patty as I am not her representative, but I think what happened to Christopher Nolan after Dark Knight or the Game of Thrones men during Season 8 happened to Patty. She received a ton of critical acclaim, "In Patty We Trust" and was ready to move on to other projects. In her case, Star Wars. I think she was focused on those other projects and didn't give WW84 the same amount of care she gave WW. Same with BandW for Season 8 of GOT or Nolan with Dark Knight Rises. They were focused on the future, so they let the quality of their present projects slip.

I also think the original WW84 release date was quite aggressive. It was originally meant for December 2019 then moved to November 2019. WB/Patty obviously wanted to capitalize off the success of the first film, but I imagine that gave them some really tight deadlines.

Lastly, I think maybe Jenkins bought into her own hype. "In Patty We Trust." There were several unsubstantiated leaks that WW84 was not testing well with audiences. Because of the pandemic, WB/Jenkins had a lot of time to try to respond to those criticisms and do some reworkings. Jenkins obviously wanted to tout how this was "her project" as she did in several interviews. Sometimes, people really should accept feedback and criticism.
    This seems right. Patty hit a home run in her first plate appearance and they gave her the bag. That's not all her fault because no director in her situation would turn down what she was offered.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The same amount of times we repeat most conversations when it comes to WW

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

Michelle Yeoh, which I think is more realistic.
    I think I just blew a gasket! Yes, Michelle Yeoh as Circe?! OMG she would devour that role. I'm a blog that idea.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    The same amount of times we repeat most conversations when it comes to WW
    And this is nothing compared to one topic that gets repeated here ad nauseum.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's a fair critique. People are ready dump Jenkins after one bad movie but there's an entire cult around Snyder's three bad movies and BvS was just as much as a disaster as WW84 was.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It's a fair critique. People are ready dump Jenkins after one bad movie but there's an entire cult around Snyder's three bad movies and BvS was just as much as a disaster as WW84 was.
    I've ragged on Synders films just as much as WW84 (I gave MoS a pass, but the neck snap was bad).

If a movie is bad, it is just a bad movie, whether in this case it is Snyders films or WW84. They will get the equal treatment from me. Doesn't matter to me the gender of the director.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Are we really going to act like Snyder doesn't have more than his fair share of people ragging on him, to say nothing of how it goes beyond mocking his films? The guy isn't even working for WB anymore. If I say I like WW84, I'm more likely to have more defenders than if I said I liked MoS or BvS.

This conversation has been run into the ground. Can we all just move on? Jenkins is getting a third WW movie anyway.

Amazing Member

Pet peeve of mine, but season 7 of GoT was just as bad as season 8. I'm genuinely surprised by people who were shocked by the quality of season 8. Season 7 showed us exactly what to expect.

As for WW, I'm perfectly fine with Patty directing again. I just wish that Allan would return as the screenwriter.