Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    84 was only a critical failure. That's all so its no surprise. While im fine with Patty staying on as a producer, im ready for someone else to come into the WW world if we get a 4th one.

But WBD wants her to do more films but doesn't believe in the franchise enough to do the Amazons spin-off? Classic WBD.
    That might have more to do with HBO Max getting the axe seemingly. Or it could be because Jenkins stretched herself too thin, she wanted to do Star Wars and her own projects, instead of showrunning the Wonderverse. In Hollywood you need a powerful backer to get anything made and if Jenkins wasn’t constantly pushing for it, WB was unlikely to make it. Shame the Dora are going to get a show before the Amazons but if the Dora do well it might convince WB to do something with the Amazons.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That might have more to do with HBO Max getting the axe seemingly. Or it could be because Jenkins stretched herself too thin, she wanted to do Star Wars and her own projects, instead of showrunning the Wonderverse. In Hollywood you need a powerful backer to get anything made and if Jenkins wasn’t constantly pushing for it, WB was unlikely to make it. Shame the Dora are going to get a show before the Amazons but if the Dora do well it might convince WB to do something with the Amazons.
    She planned on The Amazons to be a theatrical release so it wouldnt have to do with HBO Max, she also was going to hand over directing duties for the film. She had already pitched it to WB but just like with the Aquaman spin off, it never went anywhere/was cancelled. If they had wanted it, they would've pushed it forward. This is the same studio that said that The New Gods was cancelled because the Snydercut had Darkseid in it and they didnt want 2 films conflicting each other.

So sad that DC has so many amazing characters and stories that we might never ever see told well on film because they can't seem to get their **** together.

Patty said 3 might not be the last movie

https://www.cbr.com/patty-jenkins-wo...-be-last-dceu/

I was hoping for some different creative talent tbh. I'm fine with her doing WW3 despite how bad WW2 was but doing movies after that.... eh I guess I'll wait to see how the third film is

Yeah it's hard to be too optimistic when WW84 was such a disaster but Monster was a great movie so she's got screenwriting chops deep down somewhere. Granted, not sure how that scales up to a huge blockbuster, but still. I'm mostly just hoping Johns didn't come back with her, and for all of WBD's nonsense maybe they'll try to get someone like Heinberg back if they're not pleased with the script.

My dream is a full reboot but we're probably not gonna see that for a solid decade-plus down the line. Though if Black Adam is a flop (which.......very likely, tbh) maybe it'll come sooner, who knows. Would be really cool to start with a Historia-inspired Amazons series/movie that starts a new franchise.

And hey, Diana can fly now and Steve is DEFINITELY dead which is cool. Increases the odds that we'll see the Amazons again which is my main hope for WW3.

Today you can see that I woke up envious, but I saw the trailer for Black Panther 2 and I thought oh that could be Queen Clea and the Venturians against Diana and the Amazons. But hey, dreaming costs nothing.

Good to know there's progress on Wonder Woman 3. With the way Zaslov is running things, I'm hesitant to believe anything will be made or released until the trailer is out.

I'm willing to give Patty Jenkins another shot. Hopefully she redeems herself after WW84.
    I'm more enthused by the lack of Geoff Johns. I'll never say Patty's blameless, but I'm willing to bet a lot of what was wrong with 84's script was him. His fingerprints are all over that story, so good riddance.

I guess it's encouraging that WB is already looking ahead to Wonder Woman movies beyond the third, but I would rather Patty step down and someone else take the director's chair in the future. Maybe she can stay on as a producer, but let's see other takes for WW4 or 5.

I guess that means it's inevitable that we will see Diana in a future Justice League and...ugh. I really hate the Justice League. The individual characters are great, but all of them together is torture. I know it won't happen, but I would love it if Wonder Woman was never shackled to that damn team ever again.

We got two versions of a Justice League movie and they both take a piss all over her. Even Justice League: Mortal would've been little better.

And it truly stuns me that we're supposed to regard Diana chopping Steppenwolf's head off as he big, heroic catharsis moment. Like, seriously? She spends the whole movie getting rag-dolled by the doofy looking bastard and is literally only able to kill him after Superman does all the work himself.

That's what empowerment is right? Get ass kicked entire time, and then score a cheap kill shot when the villain's already defeated by the male heroes and going to die anyway? And then she's the first one to die in the future vision.

Sorry for commiserating. I know it's a dead horse, but you go about your day, minding your own business, and then you get reminded that garbage exists, and it's just a bad mood.
    God, I hate that movie. Both of them.

ANYWAY...I hope Wonder Woman 3 is good. I'd like to see Circe as the villain. It's be cool if they introduce Nubia. Hopefully any connections to the rest of the DCEU will be minimal if not non-existent.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Im pretty sure that Geoff is still involved? I doubt she wrote it herself. She should've brought Heinberg back.

(or just ask greg rucka)
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Is there something I am missing? Heinberg's script was a huge part of why WW2017 worked. Why was he not involved in 84? And why did WBD not move heaven and earth to try to get him on board for WW3? Did Jenkins and Heinberg hate each other or something?

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Is there something I am missing? Heinberg's script was a huge part of why WW2017 worked. Why was he not involved in 84? And why did WBD not move heaven and earth to try to get him on board for WW3? Did Jenkins and Heinberg hate each other or something?
    Think Heinberg was working on other projects. Not too much of a surprise.
    Last edited by Gaius; 10-10-2022 at 08:11 PM.

It was also at a time when Johns was trying to position himself as DC's Kevin Feige. He was heavily involved with Aquaman and a lot of it came from "Throne of Atlantis." I understand Shazam took a lot from his New 52 run on the character.

I imagine Johns had a moment of panic when the first Wonder Woman turned out to be a big hit where he thought, "Wait...but I've done almost nothing with her my hole career!"
    Which I imagine is why Max Lord wound up the villain of WW84, because I do not believe Patty Jenkins would've thought of that on her own.

I'll bet money if he is still involved--god forbid--the villain of WW3 will be Grail and we'll get introduced to Jason. The man is a blight.

Yeah, wasn't too surprising of all the stuff to pull from in WW's history it was one of the few pieces of WW comic history where Johns had a notable hand in made it in the movie.

I mean respect the hustle in getting yourself a royalty check but Max Lord being there definitely was a canary in the coal mine situation.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    It was also at a time when Johns was trying to position himself as DC's Kevin Feige. He was heavily involved with Aquaman and a lot of it came from "Throne of Atlantis." I understand Shazam took a lot from his New 52 run on the character.

I imagine Johns had a moment of panic when the first Wonder Woman turned out to be a big hit where he thought, "Wait...but I've done almost nothing with her my hole career!"
    Which I imagine is why Max Lord wound up the villain of WW84, because I do not believe Patty Jenkins would've thought of that on her own.
    This never even occurred to me. I can entirely see this as being the case. God, if I didn't have enough reasons to dislike the guy's work.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.