Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Also, I'm dubious on Mogo being able to handle a fleet of TARDIS by himself. A normal, non-weaponised TARDIS can hang out inside stars, move entire planets and drag things through time and space and we're talking dozens, if not hundreds of them specced out for war. If a couple of TARDIS get a hold of Mogo, they could feasibly pull him apart.
    You just named a bunch of things individual Lanterns can do. And dozens, if not hundreds of Lanterns fled in terror when Mogo was authorized to use lethal force on them.

Also, the only way to really take him down is by destroying his core, and the shell around said core is durable enough to where it took black hole powered gravity drills an extended amount of time to burrow through. I don't think being pulled apart will otherwise be a huge deal. When his core destroyed he reconstituted himself, and that hole light speed debris field trick was him basically spitting a continent worth of rocks at the Third Army and then sucking them back into place.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

After the Doctor apparently got tired of recharging the TARDIS post-timelords, he appears to have made a new eye of harmony (a star seemingly timelooped in a state of collapsing into a blackhole) and just stuck it inside his TARDIS (we see this part, so we know he's got a collapsing star in there), so you could probably materialize a TARDIS around Mogo, which is not great for the TARDIS that does it, but then we also know from... I think Logopolis? that you can materialize a TARDIS around another TARDIS and make an infinitely recursive loop. I dunno anything about Mogo to know if that would stop him, but it's an available trick that only takes two TARDISes. At the very least, the whole feat tells us that a TARDIS can handle the gravitational forces, heat, and other nasty parts of just having a whole-ass collapsing star in its belly.

Of course, a unified, PISless high council of Time Lords is still apparently capable of switching off the whole multiverse and having their minds survive. They can also seemingly shut down time travel completely or lock it into abstract limitations, so it's probably not an option for fighting back. We still have no idea what The Moment does, but it seemed able to break at least a couple major Time Lord-imposed laws of time travel, so it might be effective against whatever "your parents never met" countermeasures the Guardians have.

They were also able to just hide Gallifrey somewhere else in time, which, coupled with their ability to impose limitations on time travel, probably makes their home unassailable.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 02-12-2022 at 07:18 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

BANNED

I have been watching Doctor Who for a while now, and I can tell you that the Time Lords can and WILL use lethal force on the level of supernovas. they just don't have much reason to do so normaly.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvacron View Post
    I have been watching Doctor Who for a while now, and I can tell you that the Time Lords can and WILL use lethal force on the level of supernovas. they just don't have much reason to do so normaly.
    Hello again.

Yes, we know, that's why we always rule out CIS and PIS.

Please visit this link right here and enjoy your stay.

Welcome!

Swiss army nerd

I could see the Time Lords using some kind of massive scale psychic paper to get themselves some more time to muck about with temporal shenanigans. Psychic paper is literally a piece of paper the Doctor flashes that shows the person looking at it what they want to see. Bunch of strong willed GLs visualising victory and I imagine they'll see fleeing or defeated Time lords.

I'd also be very curious as to what a Time Lord looking into the Time Vortex could do. The Doctor warned against it, saying that if a Time Lord did it, they'd become a god. When a human did it, she wiped out a Dalek invasion fleet with contemptuous ease. Said Daleks can survive re-entry, a single Dalek said to be able to clear out a whole city by itself. The same human who absorbed the Time Vortex managed to make someone immortal, literally fixed in time to the extent that the Doctor couldn't fix it. What's to stop one or multiple Time Lords getting amped off Time Vortex energy, spamming attacks that wiped out Dalek ships (which are on par with the Tardis) and literally just making the other Time Lords immortal? And that's just the stuff a human did with it, never mind a Time Lord.

I appreciate that all of the above is conjecture though, and there aren't existing feats for these exact things. Still, it makes me think the technology gap, specifically with time travel shenanigans and limitless prep, is just too much for the GLC to beat.