Astonishing Member

Default Multiverse Swords and Obi in the Cantina

So the famous Stars Wars cantina is really a multiverse place to drink. Obi once again cuts off Baba's arm. There are several sword carrying folks from various universes, let's say that they take offense and confront Obi. Who wins the duel? Now Obi's light saber has only the feats seen with light sabers in the movies and his skill and speed is what is shown in the movies (even when young).

The fights are individual. They don't have to be a sequence to tire him out. You could consider them as just individual. Here's the list:

1. Elric of Melnibone with Storm Bringer. My favorite fictional sword
    2. Katana and Soultaker
    3. MU's Black Knight - Ebony Blade or Excalibur
    4. Saberhagen's books - pick your sword
    5. Aragon - Andúril

No Sword of Superman, LOL. Do we know (how would we?) if the light saber is assumed to cut throw those blades. That's kind of boring.

If you have some others, feel free to add them. I was tempted to add the Monkey King's staff but having Obi turned into a flapjack immediately seemed a stomp.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

1. Elric of Melnibone with Storm Bringer. My favorite fictional sword

- Lightsaber pretty much does nothing to Stormbringer, seems like it might be a semi-even match...until Elric either summons something awful or starts killing bystanders to power up, at which point I suspect it's stomp, stomp, stomp the Jedi.

Edit: I see this is 'only movie Obi-wan', in which case I'm pretty iffy on him managing against Elric at all. Maybe he can hang in there by using a lot of Force stuff, but I don't feel that'll last.

2. Katana and Soultaker

- No idea.

3. MU's Black Knight - Ebony Blade or Excalibur

- Ebony Blade should be fine against a lightsaber, don't know how the Black Knight himself stacks up.

4. Saberhagen's books - pick your sword

- This group is either an auto-win (Shieldbreaker, Doomgiver, Mindsword, Farslayer even if given time, etc) or fails miserably (Wayfinder, Dragonslicer, Townsaver in THIS situation, Stonecutter, Woundhealer,...even Coinspinner's luck is unlikely to make a difference unless the user is closer to Obi-wan in speed, skill, etc). The only two that aren't either an auto-win or likely a loss are Sightblinder (might make a decent fight of it due to confusion) and Soulcutter (which ends up being 'tie game, everyone loses'). Doubtful that the lightsaber will destroy them.

5. Aragon - Andúril

- Aragorn is good enough to actually FIGHT against a Jedi, though he's lacking the Force stuff (which is what will make him lose in the end, I feel). Unsure how well Andúril holds up; given Galadriel's power is greater than that of a lightsaber, my suspicion would be that the Flame of the West holds up just fine, thanks to its shealth.

I'd add stuff, but the ones I would choose (Rake with Dragnipur, Morgaine with Changeling, etc) are basically curbstomps, and that's no fun.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 02-10-2022 at 01:36 PM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I'd add stuff, but the ones I would choose (Rake with Dragnipur, Morgaine with Changeling, etc) are basically curbstomps, and that's no fun.
    That's what YOU say, but I'm still going to offer Fuka wielding the Final Weapon DESCO!!

I mean how often do you see the Final Boss being used as a Sword?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Rake with Dragnipur
    <3 <3 <3 <3

I agree with the rest of what Sharp said, but I'm contractually obliged to throw love on any mention of Rake.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan