Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    As I stated earlier, there's a lot more dinos out in the world per Camp Cretaceous. Other companies also started genegeneering dinosaurs.
    And just letting them run wild? How is that a business plan?

Step one: Allow dinos to run wild.

Step Two:?????

Step three: Profit!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    And just letting them run wild? How is that a business plan?

Step one: Allow dinos to run wild.

Step Two:?????

Step three: Profit!
    Well there's an entire series explaining what happened. I'm sure the plan wasn't to just let them loose.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I kinda wonder if the techie and vet from the last move will die; they haven't exactly been in the ads much (hope not, since I did like those characters).

Henry Wu dying could be a good end for that character if the narrative gets done right.
    They might just have a small cameo and not do much in the movie like the kids from the first JP in TLW.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

It's also possible these new Dinosaurs are being sold like the ones in Fallen Kingdom as well. Just without Owen and co. interfering or the IndoRaptor messing things up.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    They might just have a small cameo and not do much in the movie like the kids from the first JP in TLW.
    That could be. Given that the movie is being marketed as the finale (until the next sequel we know they're working on), I can following that they're bringing back as many characters as possible.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

There's also another thing-some pictures and the trailers have shown giant locusts.

New tie-in website. Confirms some of the theories, such as Dinosaurs also being used from Sorna, and also that more Dinosaurs are being cloned illegally. https://www.dinotracker.com/?fbclid=...JqtyRhY-pNK_2U

New tie-in website. Confirms some of the theories, such as Dinosaurs also being used from Sorna, and also that more Dinosaurs are being cloned illegally. https://www.dinotracker.com/?fbclid=...JqtyRhY-pNK_2U
    Loving the viral marketing for these movies.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Two clips have surfaced. One is Grant meeting with Ellie and we learn that she got divorced from her husband in JP3. The other is a clip of the combined group and the Gigantosaurus.

Two clips have surfaced. One is Grant meeting with Ellie and we learn that she got divorced from her husband in JP3.
    I'd wondered about that, given how unpopular it was. I was kinda of two minds on it myself; on one hand, it really seemed like it ignored the story arcs from the first movie (although that could be debated) and it could've been easily written out and the story would've been the same. On the other hand, it was handled pretty tastefully for what it was and it did really add to the setup that Grant was feeling alone and like his life had been in decline (had the movie handled the story arc of him finding himself again and making peace with the idea that he could move forward, it might've hit better).

Will be interested to see if this plot point factors into the story and/is an excuse to put Grant and Sattler back together (I think that could be tacky, but I's be lying if I said I wouldn't be happy if they did do that).
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

I'd wondered about that, given how unpopular it was. I was kinda of two minds on it myself; on one hand, it really seemed like it ignored the story arcs from the first movie (although that could be debated) and it could've been easily written out and the story would've been the same. On the other hand, it was handled pretty tastefully for what it was and it did really add to the setup that Grant was feeling alone and like his life had been in decline (had the movie handled the story arc of him finding himself again and making peace with the idea that he could move forward, it might've hit better).

Will be interested to see if this plot point factors into the story and/is an excuse to put Grant and Sattler back together (I think that could be tacky, but I's be lying if I said I wouldn't be happy if they did do that).
    I think all audience members have a certain “dichotomous selfishness” with regards to the main characters in escapist adventures - one the one hand, we sometimes want them to experience the same disappointments we have so we can relate to them, but on the other, we also want to vicariously enjoy their successes or little dignities even if we missed out on them.

And I think American pop culture tends to feel that the latter impulse should win out when a story comes to an end - we’d rather see Robin Hood ride off to a happily ever after with Maid Marian than have to sit through the old story of him being betrayed and murdered (thus why there’s only one movie made with that ending for him, even though that ending is almost as old as his legend.) So… in American pop culture, Tony married Pepper and had a kid, then died fighting Thanos. Cap got back together with Peggy and lived out a happy retirement, and even Wolverine goes down swinging with a daughter and a new generation of mutants to continue his and Professor X’s legacy, as an example of the types of “disappointing” endings that American pop culture prefers.

Allan and Ellie could likely hook back up here and then ride off into the sunset with fans quite a bit happened than otherwise because American Pop culture is about emphasizing the “sweet” in bittersweet even if a full happy ending is out of the question.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

The old comic books (written before and mostly contradicted by "Lost World") actually had a bit of a love triangle between Grant, Ellie, and Ian. They also somehow had Raptors on Nublar survive and breed (A major point in the novel, but I think the movie made the point that there were only three in the original, with one neutralized in the freezer and the other two killed by the T-rex, in addition to the one presumably shot in the opening) and brought Muldoon back from the dead, explaining that he was just 'playing' with the Raptor.

They were kind of weird comics to be honest. Written by Steve Englehart but far from his Avengers work.

There were some photos leaked during filming of Grant and Ellie kissing so maybe they do get back together, but on the other hand in the press tour for the movie Laura criticized the relationship (Since she was in her early 20s and Grant was around 40ish) recently....

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I think all audience members have a certain “dichotomous selfishness” with regards to the main characters in escapist adventures - one the one hand, we sometimes want them to experience the same disappointments we have so we can relate to them, but on the other, we also want to vicariously enjoy their successes or little dignities even if we missed out on them.

And I think American pop culture tends to feel that the latter impulse should win out when a story comes to an end - we’d rather see Robin Hood ride off to a happily ever after with Maid Marian than have to sit through the old story of him being betrayed and murdered (thus why there’s only one movie made with that ending for him, even though that ending is almost as old as his legend.) So… in American pop culture, Tony married Pepper and had a kid, then died fighting Thanos. Cap got back together with Peggy and lived out a happy retirement, and even Wolverine goes down swinging with a daughter and a new generation of mutants to continue his and Professor X’s legacy, as an example of the types of “disappointing” endings that American pop culture prefers.

Allan and Ellie could likely hook back up here and then ride off into the sunset with fans quite a bit happened than otherwise because American Pop culture is about emphasizing the “sweet” in bittersweet even if a full happy ending is out of the question.
    Maybe?

The old comic books (written before and mostly contradicted by "Lost World") actually had a bit of a love triangle between Grant, Ellie, and Ian. They also somehow had Raptors on Nublar survive and breed (A major point in the novel, but I think the movie made the point that there were only three in the original, with one neutralized in the freezer and the other two killed by the T-rex, in addition to the one presumably shot in the opening) and brought Muldoon back from the dead, explaining that he was just 'playing' with the Raptor.

They were kind of weird comics to be honest. Written by Steve Englehart but far from his Avengers work.
    Found copies of the trades awhile back. I liked them an awful lot as their own thing (minus the cliffhanger ending). The love triangle did seem a bit odd, given that Malcolm had backed off in the movie as soon as he realized that Ellie and Grant were a couple. Granted, he did back off again after Ellie very bluntly told him she loved Grant and nothing would change that, but him refusing to take the hint right away painted him in a worse light.

As I recall, the idea was that the raptors had been sneaking out of their paddock and secretly hiding nests (like the one Grant and the kids find in the movie) and those hatchlings were the raptors that feature in the comics. A few plot holes, to be sure, but, seeing how the raptors were moved into their movie cage for security reasons, it could be that, in the comics continuity, they had been breaking out of the less secure one and no one was the wiser. The comics also had Grant as a raptor trainer long before Jurassic World was a thing and the last couple stories in the series, while were flashbacks, depicted a couple of new characters discovering a mad InGen scientist trying to create hybrid and gene-modified dinosaurs well before the new trilogy.

IDW did a few comics based on the original trilogy, too, as I recall.

There were some photos leaked during filming of Grant and Ellie kissing so maybe they do get back together, but on the other hand in the press tour for the movie Laura criticized the relationship (Since she was in her early 20s and Grant was around 40ish) recently....
    Interesting.

Saw the interview. Wasn't sure, in context, if it was the characters or the casting that was being criticized. Remember doing some research in the subject and it was my understanding that Grant was younger than Sam Neill was (according to the scrip notes, Grant was in his thirties). If we assume that Ellie had to be older than 25 (to account for time to earn a doctorate), the age gap wouldn't be that severe
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I kinda wonder if the techie and vet from the last move will die; they haven't exactly been in the ads much (hope not, since I did like those characters).

Henry Wu dying could be a good end for that character if the narrative gets done right.
    WU sacrificing himself to save someone (maybe Massie) would be a good end for him.