Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    You know what would be really great? if the big game hunter from the second movie The Lost World popped up in this. it would make sense. Governments hire him to trap or kill the dinos. He would have made a good villain Owen.
    Pete Postlethwaite died a few years ago, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Pete Postlethwaite died a few years ago, sadly.
    I did not know that. That is sad.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Is DeWanda Wise playing a grown-up Kelly Malcolm? Curious...but yeah, the trailer looks cool.
    That was the first thing I thought of too. It would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how this is such a problem? There couldn't have been more than 100 dinos to begin with and that should be easy to clean up.
    Some of the details released as well as the animated series suggest that rival genetics companies have been getting in on the action, and also that Dinosaurs from Isla Sorna have somehow been taken from their island as well. Biosyn-who hired Nedry to steal the Embryos-is coming back, for example. Also Wu is returning as well; perhaps he's on their payroll and creating even more Dinosaurs. There also seems to be a mysterious facility of some kind, and it seems like there's some kind of insect swarm that might also be some nasty genetic work.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    That was the first thing I thought of too. It would make sense.
    The character's name is Kayla, although that does sound a bit similar to Kelly.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of wondering how Blue could have a kid, ...
    Life..uhhh...finds a way.
    Sounds perfect.

There's a new poster showing off the cast and a short feature with interviews and some new footage. For some reason in both the poster and the footage Grant is carrying a torch, which seems slightly evocative of the flare moment from the original, as well as a bit "Indiana Jones".

Still have a slight feeling that in addition to the Dinosaurs that escaped from the Mansion (as well as the Mosasaurus that escaped earlier) that somebody is still making new dinosaurs, or getting them from the other Island. We know Dodgson's back, and there's a reference to Isla Sorna, and the Camp Cretachious toon also has other companies stealing and breeding their own Dinosaurs as well. Think this explains at least the Gigantosaurus and the different Raptors.

It's also possible that the Gigantosaurus seen was the 'donor' for the Indominus, as it has some of it's DNA.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Kind of wondering how Blue could have a kid
    Considering it looks identical to her, they're probably going to go with parthenogenesis.

They never did quite answer the question about Dinosaurs reproducing in the new Park. At least some of the Dinosaurs in Jurassic World's park were from the old Park (The T-rex, for example) and of course still have the Frog DNA issue unless they were rendered sterile somehow. Wu also said all the Dinosaurs were still female but I don't think they said anything about the Frog DNA being 'fixed' in later generations....the short movie from a few years ago also implied that new Dinosaurs were being born on the mainland as well.

They never did quite answer the question about Dinosaurs reproducing in the new Park. At least some of the Dinosaurs in Jurassic World's park were from the old Park (The T-rex, for example) and of course still have the Frog DNA issue unless they were rendered sterile somehow. Wu also said all the Dinosaurs were still female but I don't think they said anything about the Frog DNA being 'fixed' in later generations....the short movie from a few years ago also implied that new Dinosaurs were being born on the mainland as well.
    Apparently this was handled in the Camp Cretaceous cartoon series, along with a few other questions. I haven't watched it but people who have were telling me it fills in a lot of gaps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8uR0t7vWA8

New trailer. Turns out the characters are just as confused about Blue's hatchling.

so who among the humans are going to be sacrificed by the end of the movie?

I predict it might be Goldblum. "Grant, be sure to not let the next generation goof things up!"

Ultimate Member

Looks enjoyable if one can ignore the internal logic.

I mean, we have guns and an army, and the dinos released couldn't be more than several dozen. How have they not all been hunted down and killed?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so who among the humans are going to be sacrificed by the end of the movie?

I predict it might be Goldblum. "Grant, be sure to not let the next generation goof things up!"
    I kinda wonder if the techie and vet from the last move will die; they haven't exactly been in the ads much (hope not, since I did like those characters).

Henry Wu dying could be a good end for that character if the narrative gets done right.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Looks enjoyable if one can ignore the internal logic.

I mean, we have guns and an army, and the dinos released couldn't be more than several dozen. How have they not all been hunted down and killed?
    As I stated earlier, there's a lot more dinos out in the world per Camp Cretaceous. Other companies also started genegeneering dinosaurs.