Page 95 of 98 FirstFirst ... 45859192939495969798 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1462

But Starwoman (Courtney Whitmore) wasn't.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Decent first issue, but I was expecting to see more from the JSA. It felt like Huntress #1

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    What's the timeline of that scene supposed to be. It said "18 years from now" but is that even supposed to be the main continuity. Given that Hal had gray hair, I thought the guy in the bowtie standing next to him was an older Jimmy Olsen since he seemed to have reddish hair. Stargirl is there too and she looks aged up as well. But if the guy in the bowtie was indeed Barry, then was The Flash standing in front of them supposed to be Wally.
    I assumed the person in the bow tie was Jimmy…

One other thing about that particular panel, if you come right from the wording 18 years from now… you have a lady, a fella with a trilby hat and then, is that supposed to be Per Degaton?? It looks a bit like him, but then again I might just be imagining it lol

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

To be honest, I found all the off-screen stories mentioned to be more interesting than the actual story. They all just sound more fun, but then someone-is-killing-heroes never did appeal to me in the slightest and that kind of premise just repels my interest almost every time ("Here's all the heroes you like dead or dying a gruesome death! Isn't it entertaining to see their corpse?!")

I'm going to go back to waiting for the paperback while keeping an eye on what I see people post about it. If it sounds good by the end of it, I'll buy the paperback. I was already going to stop buying the single issues, so it's not because I'm writing off the story. There are things that bother me besides the fake stories being more interesting than the actual story, but I'm going to hold off on judging them until I find out how they play out in future issues.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 11-29-2022 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    But Starwoman (Courtney Whitmore) wasn't.
    Yeah, that wasn't Earth-2 Batman's funeral, it was Earth-0's, so it makes sense that Courtney is there, in place of her predecessor. That also explains the JLA's Green Lantern and Flash being there, of course the Justice League would be there.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-29-2022 at 12:14 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Decent first issue, but I was expecting to see more from the JSA. It felt like Huntress #1
    A little too much Huntress and Batman in my JSA book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A little too much Huntress and Batman in my JSA book.
    I can tolerate Huntress and Batman (a little), but Johns is back to his usual tricks, killing off characters for shock value.

The new JSA was unconventional, but I wanted to see them in action, not used as fodder to hype Degatron.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    To be honest, I found all the off-screen stories mentioned to be more interesting than the actual story. They all just sound more fun, but then someone-is-killing-heroes never did appeal to me in the slightest and that kind of premise just repels my interest almost every time ("Here's all the heroes you like dead or dying a gruesome death! Isn't it entertaining to see their corpse?!")

I'm going to go back to waiting for the paperback while keeping an eye on what I see people post about it. If it sounds good by the end of it, I'll buy the paperback. I was already going to stop buying the single issues, so it's not because I'm writing off the story. There are things that bother me besides the fake stories being more interesting than the actual story, but I'm going to hold off on judging them until I find out how they play out in future issues.
    Agreed, I would've liked to have a few issues with Huntress's JSA instead of a mass culling.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Agreed, I would've liked to have a few issues with Huntress's JSA instead of a mass culling.
    On the one hand it's a VERY interesting line-up I'd like to see more of, but on the other I've been waiting 11 years to see the characters I know and love again. Give me this team again later down the line and I'd love to read about it. For now I just want to establish the basics and see my old favourites once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    On the one hand it's a VERY interesting line-up I'd like to see more of, but on the other I've been waiting 11 years to see the characters I know and love again. Give me this team again later down the line and I'd love to read about it. For now I just want to establish the basics and see my old favourites once more.
    Haven't bought / read issue #1 yet, but I also wanted to see the characters I already knew /enjoyed once again in the first issue, not primarily some possible (In-)Justice Society of America from a maybe-future.

BANNED

Yeah, this was just a lot of awkward Johns dialogue and hokey set-up/foreshadowing featuring some weird future JSA that I don't care about. You'd think after so much waiting, we could actually get a story featuring the actual JSA instead of whatever the hell this was.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Well set up and all that

Pretty much what every writer does really

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Well set up and all that

Pretty much what every writer does really
    Oh for sure, I'm not having a go at Johns, I'm just eager to get into the meat of the story and see my old favourites again.

from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. XII (February 1986), about 37 years ago . . .

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, that wasn't Earth-2 Batman's funeral, it was Earth-0's, so it makes sense that Courtney is there, in place of her predecessor. That also explains the JLA's Green Lantern and Flash being there, of course the Justice League would be there.
    I'm not so sure about that. Between PG in the seventies and the Superman at the funeral, this could very well be the "New" new Earth 2. I haven't read anything else connected to it so maybe I'm wrong but just reading this one issue, that's the impression I get.
    Assassinate Putin!