Page 25 of 98 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And as bad as the end of the series was, Libby did also appear as late as Justice Society of America #54:

(last issue before Flashpoint).
    Jesse and her mom at at it again...

I would like to have Libby appear again as Liberty Belle since Jesse is JQuick again.
    The older JSAers need some female representation and she’s a great character with a distinct personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I would like to have Libby appear again as Liberty Belle since Jesse is JQuick again.
    The older JSAers need some female representation and she’s a great character with a distinct personality.
    I'd like that too .

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Yeah, Libby in the JSA was probably the only good idea that Guggenheim had during his awful run of the JSA.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Yeah, Libby in the JSA was probably the only good idea that Guggenheim had during his awful run of the JSA.
    I hope his run isn't the last we see of her.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Was he also the one that connected the Kate Spencer version of Manhunter to the JSA?

That was a "legacy" member that made sense.

And as bad as the end of the series was, Libby did also appear as late as Justice Society of America #54:

(last issue before Flashpoint).
    I know I have this issue, and I have read it, but I don't remember anything of it. Not one single thing. I do remember hating everything that had to do with Alan's new "Lantern" costume, but I'll have to check it out.

Peace

I wasn't overtly impressed with the new JSA team....to the point that I probably wouldn't buy the comic if it came out, namely because....

1)One of my personal favs, Pieter who has been established as Doctor Midnight pretty much for over 20 years now in DC continuity has been replaced by Beth.

2)Sandman (Sandy) who was never as cool as Wesley Dodds does not appear to be on the team...

3) and it appears that Ted Grant is going to share the spotlight with Yolanda as Wildcat, which usually means they are setting the established character to either get replaced, or act as a lame mentor by sharing the spotlight.

I know this has been somewhat of a JSA tradition, I enjoyed Mr. Terrific & Jakeem's addition to the team back in the day, but the former characters replaced were not my favourites.

Yes all the new members are former Infinity Inc heroes, but still I think DC has to be a little more aware of who they circulate out of super hero teams if they don't want it to effect sales.

They completely reboot the Legion and it tanks, they pull the original team of the Titans title and it does a quick about turn in sales towards the downside.....DC scratches head, "Why does everything fail but Batman?" Perhaps because Bruce Wayne is the only constant in the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I know I have this issue, and I have read it, but I don't remember anything of it. Not one single thing. I do remember hating everything that had to do with Alan's new "Lantern" costume, but I'll have to check it out.

Peace
    Oh yeah I remember that everytime I saw that costume the first thing that came to my mind was that it reminded me to a tacky tea-pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post

I wasn't overtly impressed with the new JSA team....to the point that I probably wouldn't buy the comic if it came out, namely because....

1)One of my personal favs, Pieter who has been established as Doctor Midnight pretty much for over 20 years now in DC continuity has been replaced by Beth.

2)Sandman (Sandy) who was never as cool as Wesley Dodds does not appear to be on the team...

3) and it appears that Ted Grant is going to share the spotlight with Yolanda as Wildcat, which usually means they are setting the established character to either get replaced, or act as a lame mentor by sharing the spotlight.

I know this has been somewhat of a JSA tradition, I enjoyed Mr. Terrific & Jakeem's addition to the team back in the day, but the former characters replaced were not my favourites.

Yes all the new members are former Infinity Inc heroes, but still I think DC has to be a little more aware of who they circulate out of super hero teams if they don't want it to effect sales.

They completely reboot the Legion and it tanks, they pull the original team of the Titans title and it does a quick about turn in sales towards the downside.....DC scratches head, "Why does everything fail but Batman?" Perhaps because Bruce Wayne is the only constant in the DCU.
    First off, why does your Dr. Mid-Nite image make me think of Charles McNider instead of Pieter Cross?

Second, I'm not reading Dark Crisis, but do we know if the members shown in issue #3 would constitute the current version of the Justice Society of America and that no other previous members would be included?

Yeah, we know it's an incomplete team, because Jay Garrick wasn't there, as he's helping the Flash Family. Stargirl was also absent for some reason. It would make sense for the actual post-Dark Crisis team to include those two.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Pieter is my Doctor Mid-Nite too. I understand Beth's placement and she absolutely deserves another shot considering how she was unceremoniously butchered by Eclipso, but I do at least want a mention of Pieter still existing. Honestly, a line of dialogue is enough. Maybe he's just working at that clinic 24/7 and on-call if they need him.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

First off, why does your Dr. Mid-Nite image make me think of Charles McNider instead of Pieter Cross?
    Second, I'm not reading Dark Crisis, but do we know if the members shown in issue #3 would constitute the current version of the Justice Society of America and that no other previous members would be included?
    Probably because I got frustrated trying to upload 4 or 5 pics of Pieter to imgur to no avail, so I said F it this will have to do. (The two look rather similar)

I'm banking on that being the new JSA, because I've seen a promo picture for the team before and the same heroes were present (- Ted Grant)

Now if they release a JSA comic, Pieter is there, either Wesley or Sandy are there as Sandman, and Ted Grant stays than I will buy the comic.

If not, I will not buy the comic. Simple.

Probably because I got frustrated trying to upload 4 or 5 pics of Pieter to imgur to no avail, so I said F it this will have to do. (The two look rather similar)

You know Major Hoy I saw that picture and well..

You see I'm just not a fan of it...fickle person I am and all, but it's all good.

What really matter is will Pieter be in the new JSA?