Page 31 of 98 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    The one catch with all that is while Ragnarök explains why members of the JSA may not be as old as they should be, you still have to figure out how to account for other family members (including Infinity Inc).
    In the original stories, it was only most of the Golden Age era heroes who went into that perpetual Ragnarök cycle; the Infinity Inc. kids and Power Girl, Star Spangled Kid and Doctor Fate stayed behind on Earth. (Non-powered spouses were never even mentioned as far as I can recall.)

Just move their timeline up to echo ours. Whilst keeping the older guard as they were. Also, PG is Kryptonian, and there have been hints that she ages quite a bit better than humans.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Just move their timeline up to echo ours. Whilst keeping the older guard as they were. Also, PG is Kryptonian, and there have been hints that she ages quite a bit better than humans.
    What do you mean by "move their timeline up"?
    You may have problems if you have non-powered spouses for JSA members or non-JSA members as a parent originally introduced back in Golden Age stories (as in the case of Obsidian and Jade).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    What do you mean by "move their timeline up"?
    You may have problems if you have non-powered spouses for JSA members or non-JSA members as a parent originally introduced back in Golden Age stories (as in the case of Obsidian and Jade).
    Ah, well, the spouses. Sorry about that. But mainly, I meant to start them up closer to our time, while the older heroes stay as they were. It isn't really the legacies that HAVE to be at some particular time and place, it's the old guard in WWII. The legacies can start up at any time closer to ours.

Ah, well, the spouses. Sorry about that. But mainly, I meant to start them up closer to our time, while the older heroes stay as they were. It isn't really the legacies that HAVE to be at some particular time and place, it's the old guard in WWII. The legacies can start up at any time closer to ours.
    But there are still problems with who those legacies are the offspring of, and when they were born.

Hell, with Fury (Lyta), who were her original parents now that Wonder Woman may have been around during WWII again? And can she and Hector be used again since the Vertigo line is no more? Have the prohibitions on using them outside of Vertigo been lifted / rescinded?

Not only can they be used again, they have a live action adaptation! They're in that new Sandman show.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hence the timeline I suggested. The Infinitors should be born after the JSA arrive in modern times - which I put at 30 years ago, which should keep them close in age to their contemporaries the New Teen Titans (Nightwing, Donna, etc).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

No need for time travel. Jay Garrick and Alan Scott are longlived. They married in the 40s, eventually their spouses died, and after a while they fell in love again and married again.

Unless they were depowered, the world would be a different place in the present if super powered beings like Alan and Jay existed for decades.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    No need for time travel. Jay Garrick and Alan Scott are longlived. They married in the 40s, eventually their spouses died, and after a while they fell in love again and married again.
    They aren't the only ones, and WW2 is only going to get farther and farther away

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Unless they were depowered, the world would be a different place in the present if super powered beings like Alan and Jay existed for decades.
    Well, they did quit in the 50s IIRC, until whenever they decide to bring them back. So they weren't directly doing much at all for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not only can they be used again, they have a live action adaptation! They're in that new Sandman show.
    Sandman / Vertigo was the whole reason they couldn't be used outside of Vertigo!

They were brought back in Geoff Johns' JSA, but then had to be killed off because of the Vertigo problem!

Vertigo is over. It's Black Label now and characters are appearing in Black Label as well as mainstream DC superhero books both.

Daniel (the new Sandman) is the son of Hector Hall and Lyja Trevor. That really isn't a problem as long as someone doesn't try to "explain away" the origins of this latest version of the Sandman in the books.

Now Lyja is an interesting case. If Wonder Woman has been restored to her long lived history where Diana was a member of the JSA, she could very well be Lyja's mother. How would DC react to one of the Trinity having a child? Ask Jon Kent and Damian Wayne.

There is no way anyone is going to come up with a complete JSA return scenario where everything is answered in a paragraph or two here. Ideally, a proposal is made to DC, they might show interest and ask questions. Even a long detailed proposal by someone with a Roy Thomas or a Mark Waid knowledge of DC history is going to have a weakness for nitpicking.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    They aren't the only ones, and WW2 is only going to get farther and farther away
    Their history could really use some changes yes. Most of the JSA retired in the 50s after something terrible happened with the onset of the Cold War. Some heroes probably gradually became less poweful. Jay Garrick became slower, Alan Scott had been feeling something wrong in the lantern and decided to retire when everyone else was doing so. Focus on his marriage and work as an engineer. Later on you get the immortal Rose/Thorn plot years after his wife dies and Jade and Obsidian are born in the 80s maybe (and Alan still had affairs eith men over the years, but was always unwilling to come out. Maybe even keep the plot of him losing a man he loved during the trainwreck and that traumatizing him not to ever pursue relationships with men or come out)

Most of JSA could just add some legacies in between, that stayed stand alone until Superman started the Justice League. The current Black Canary is the third one (her grandmother was in the JSA and married Ted Grant, her partner in heroics. Her mother was a florist and married a progressive police officer in the 70s.)

Some of these guys died and their mantle lived on. Some of them are still around and have been retired for decades.

Incredible Member

Johns was yesterday at a convention in my country. He said a new JSA book is coming (and he presented Judy Garrick, the daughter of Jay) as well as a Stargirl story called "Lost Children".

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    Johns was yesterday at a convention in my country. He said a new JSA book is coming (and he presented Judy Garrick, the daughter of Jay) as well as a Stargirl story called "Lost Children".
    Hmm...not sure how I feel about Jay having a daughter, but as long as we do get a JSA book, I can live with it .