Page 10 of 98 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    May I ask what do you mean by "more updated version"? Do you mean a version set in the present day, or a version that changes its history and lineup to bring it in line with current social mores?
    Like what we got in 1999. Not a newer version but a new version using some of the older characters as well. I know it has been hinted over the years.

I am just such a fan of the run that started in 1999 I would love to see something like that again and I know they could pull it off.

I never want the JSA history to be changed.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

In other words, a team like Flash, Green Lantern, Wildcat, Power Girl, Stargirl, Cyclone, Jakeem Thunder, Dr Mid-Nite, Mister Terrific and Black Adam?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    In other words, a team like Flash, Green Lantern, Wildcat, Power Girl, Stargirl, Cyclone, Jakeem Thunder, Dr Mid-Nite, Mister Terrific and Black Adam?
    After the bad story that the team has with Black Adam and counting that DC is going full villain with him (as Priest has confirmed in interviews), I really doubt that Adam would fit in the team or that they would welcome him with open arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I would think after the Stargirl show and Infinite Frontier we would see a line up of Jessie Quick, Hourman, Jade, Obsidian, female Wild Cat, female Dr. Mid-nite, Atom Smasher, Damage, Cyclone, Powergirl, Jakeem Thunder, Mister Terrific, and possibly Khalid Nassour Dr. Fate (he should be on the team as Kent’s Grand Nephew).

Alan Scott, Jay Garrick, and Ted Grant can serve as leaders and mentors of course
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I would think after the Stargirl show and Infinite Frontier we would see a line up of Jessie Quick, Hourman, Jade, Obsidian, female Wild Cat, female Dr. Mid-nite, Atom Smasher, Damage, Cyclone, Powergirl, Jakeem Thunder, Mister Terrific, and possibly Khalid Nassour Dr. Fate (he should be on the team as Kent’s Grand Nephew).

Alan Scott, Jay Garrick, and Ted Grant can serve as leaders and mentors of course
    This...this right here. You said it perfectly.

That is what I would like.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

That’s a good team! I approve of it
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I’d wedge a Sandman in there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I’d wedge a Sandman in there somewhere.
    Yes, I love the Sandman. Sand aka Sandy as well. Would love to see either of them soon.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Yes, I love the Sandman. Sand aka Sandy as well. Would love to see either of them soon.
    Yeah Sandy becoming just the trench coat wearing hero we saw in JSA was cool. Sidekicks and legacy characters taking mantels are why the JSA were great.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yeah Sandy becoming just the trench coat wearing hero we saw in JSA was cool. Sidekicks and legacy characters taking mantels are why the JSA were great.
    Oh yes it is the reason I got back into comics in the very late 90's. I love how they used Sand. Very cool.

For Memorial Day, how about a brief appearance of Sgt. Rock & Easy Co. with the JSA from Wonder Woman #132 (April 1998):

Happy for Beth but I miss muh boi Pieter Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    For Memorial Day, how about a brief appearance of Sgt. Rock & Easy Co. with the JSA from Wonder Woman #132 (April 1998):

I'm really not much of a fan of Byrne's art during this period (well, as much as I can actually NOT be a fan of Byrne). Too sketchy.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy for Beth but I miss muh boi Pieter Cross.
    I feel the same way. Pieter Cross is one of my favorite DC characters of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Would love to see either one too. Wesley or Sandy. Depends on what type of JSA DC goes with. The originals or the Stargirl cast. At this point I just want to see a JSA. Both would even be better. Old and New. Make one the JSA and the other the All-Star Squadron.