Page 23 of 98 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Its a nice shot of the team .

Astonishing Member

Well you got zoomers out there thinking everyone older is a boomer.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Its a nice shot of the team .
    Sadly, my feeling is that is mostly it for them. That, or they're just there to be saved by the "real" heroes, the League, making their big comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Sadly, my feeling is that is mostly it for them. That, or they're just there to be saved by the "real" heroes, the League, making their big comeback.
    I don't think Williamson will use them that way. It seems like Alan is taking the lead in an upcoming issue.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Well you got zoomers out there thinking everyone older is a boomer.
    To be fair, some of the second generation legacies like Jade or Jessie Quick should logically be baby boomers

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    To be fair, some of the second generation legacies like Jade or Jessie Quick should logically be baby boomers
    You mean they should be in their late 50s or older? Mid-1940s (post WWII) to +/- mid-1960s is when people thought of as "baby boomers" were generally born.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    You mean they should be in their late 50s or older? Mid-1940s (post WWII) to +/- mid-1960s is when people thought of as "baby boomers" were generally born.
    Considering the characters were introduced in the early eighties when they would have had birth years in the early sixties, there is some backing for the idea. If the JSA is locked into pre-WW2 birthdates, the idea that Infinity would be locked into a time as well. Of course, who knows what DC is going to do with the relative ages (if anything)?
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Yeah, seems to be the case with how Williams has been handling the event so far.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Considering the characters were introduced in the early eighties when they would have had birth years in the early sixties, there is some backing for the idea. If the JSA is locked into pre-WW2 birthdates, the idea that Infinity would be locked into a time as well. Of course, who knows what DC is going to do with the relative ages (if anything)?
    True for Jade. But not Jesse, she was introduced in the 90s and thus would have had a 1970s birthday originally.

Infinity Inc's origin is broken and needs fixing though, as yes, that generation as well as Jesse Quick, are now too young to be the children of the All-Star Squadron. It was already a stretch when Jesse debuted around 30 years ago.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-03-2022 at 07:24 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Instead of NEW JL, looks like they may put Superman's Son and Damian and Yara with the JSA instead.

Instead of NEW JL, looks like they may put Superman's Son and Damian and Yara with the JSA instead.
    This is based on . . . what?

Just a wild guess (though you make it sound like a possible FACT), or is there actually a legitimate source for this thinking?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    This is based on . . . what?

Just a wild guess (though you make it sound like a possible FACT), or is there actually a legitimate source for this thinking?
    From reading Dark Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I wish DC would just Captain America them and have that be canon - They go into some kind of limbo in 1951 (maybe Ragnarok, maybe with some of their wives, whatever), come back "20 years ago" (sliding further and further into the future as time marches on) and decide to retire, settle down and have kids, then reemerge later on in life as a team because of some Crisis that motivates them to get back together. That way the Infinitors / Legacies stay young (twenties) and the JSA stays both grounded to WWII and older (late 50s ish) but not unnaturally old.

From reading Dark Crisis.
    Too early to tell. But to me, Superman is TOO powerful to have 2 of them in one Universe.

But Jon's the sixth one with that powerset, not the second. Don't forget about Conner, Kara Danvers, Karen, and Kenan. Heck, because of Karen, Jon would be quite redundant on the JSA.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman