Page 17 of 98 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Those are some classic covers .

Justice League of America #37-38 (August and September of 1965) featured the introduction of a Johnny Thunder on Earth-1, the home Earth of the Justice League of America.

The Earth-1 / Earth-One Johnny Thunder would eventually return in another JLA / JSA meeting several years later . . .

I absolutely love this entire run. It got me back into comics in 1999. I love Pieter Cross.

9781401247614-us.jpg s-l1600.jpg
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Dark Crisis #3

JSA.jpg
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Dark Crisis #3

Is that a page from the story, or is it a cover / variant cover?

So they're finally back? But, why isn't Courtney with them?

Even without Stargirl they have fifteen members there though - Hawkwoman, Cyclone, Hawkman, Power Girl, Wildcat II, Jade, Green Lantern, Obsidian, Doctor Fate, Doctor Midnight, Jakeem Thunder, Mister Terrific, Wildcat, Atom Smasher and Hourman. Which includes everyone from both the Stargirl show and Black Adam movie except their title characters.

Mister Terrific actually shouldn't be there, isn't he busy helping the Flash Family - which is also why Jay Garrick and Jesse Quick aren't here?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hated the Dr. Fate costume. But happy to see the JSA back.

Peace

I'm also happy to see the team back even if I don't love that costume.

It's basically the Johns JSA with Beth Chapel as Mid-Nite (will they write her like Pieter?) and Yolanda Wildcat because they're pushing them for the Stargirl show.

Speaking of which, where's Courtney!?

Also I wonder if Rick and Jesse are still married. I feel like I'm the only one who liked that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

It's basically the Johns JSA with Beth Chapel as Mid-Nite (will they write her like Pieter?) and Yolanda Wildcat because they're pushing them for the Stargirl show.

Also I wonder if Rick and Jesse are still married. I feel like I'm the only one who liked that.
    Naw, married superheroes is an interesting story angle. I wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

1. I believe Jeremy Adams in the first arc showed them still together with the JSA when Wally jumper bodies 2. Jessie isn’t here because she’s going to be over in the Flash tie-in

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Hated the Dr. Fate costume. But happy to see the JSA back.

Peace
    So happy to see Khalid here
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Naw, married superheroes is an interesting story angle. I wouldn't mind seeing more of that.
    I'm glad I'm not the only person who appreciated it .

That whole cast above looks great to me. If we are getting the JSA they look great. I am sure we will see Star Girl and Flash down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So happy to see Khalid here
    Though he didn't impress me much in Earth 2, I actually have nothing against the character. For me, Dr. Fate, or Nabu, is the character that matters, not the host. I like the emotionless Lord of Order. It's the costume, if you can call it that, that's really bugging me. I even prefer the overworked Brett Booth designed one that Khalid wore in Earth 2.

Peace

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Though he didn't impress me much in Earth 2, I actually have nothing against the character. For me, Dr. Fate, or Nabu, is the character that matters, not the host. I like the emotionless Lord of Order. It's the costume, if you can call it that, that's really bugging me. I even prefer the overworked Brett Booth designed one that Khalid wore in Earth 2.

Peace
    Oh my god, the Earth 2 costume was amazing. It sold the "immensely and otherworldly-powerful cosmic sorcerer" by visuals alone.

I'd love to see it return, even if it has to be simplified a little first to make it easier for other artists to draw (but I'll be damned if they're removing the stars)

How the hell it has not made a return yet, save its YJ counterpart, is beyond me - it is so damn good and absolutely perfect for Doctor Fate.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 07-01-2022 at 07:37 AM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    Oh my god, the Earth 2 costume was amazing. It sold the "immensely and otherworldly-powerful cosmic sorcerer" by visuals alone.

I'd love to see it return, even if it has to be simplified a little first to make it easier for other artists to draw (but I'll be damned if they're removing the stars)

How the hell it has not made a return yet, save its YJ counterpart, is beyond me - it is so damn good and absolutely perfect for Doctor Fate.

Agreed. This is easily Dr. Fate's best costume ever. So iconic & mystifying.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.